Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-12-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
"Oh....yeah...I also worked out a little, but really Arbonne gets the credit." Facepalm

2006 - 2012: Arbonne only
2012 - 2014: Arbonne + Gym

Looks to me like it's 100% diet and exercise, 0% Arbonne. But, hey, you got shit to sell. I understand. Dodgy

[Image: ArbonneFitnessCompetitor_zps154d7c51.jpg]

A friend (not Pamela Ibanez) who has been drinking waaay too much Arbonne cool aid recently shared this picture on Facebook. I don't want to rain on her parade, so I thought I'd vent a little bit here instead.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2014, 05:49 PM
(28-11-2014 07:11 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 10:31 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Meh, Mauy thai, capoeira, krav maga, and jui jujitsu is what I recommend.

Actually I'd be more into Kung Fu or Karate.

It depends on what you wanna do with it will determine what's best suited to you. For me it was about survival and practicality so styles like Capoeira, ju jujitsu, Tai Chi where just not for me (as much fun as it would have been to do some of them). I started with a Wing Chan base, built on it with Jeet Kun Do and finished it off with a odd mixture of Krav Maga and Command Sambo with a small amount of Kenpo to fill in the gap.

Personally when I body build I could care less about looking "toned" I don't care about muscle mass I care about muscle strength. I want power. I'm a practical person and I'm not gonna spend 14 hours a week working on bloody aesthetics. I wanna be strong not look strong, I wanna be the last motherfucker standing if it comes to it.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
07-12-2014, 08:37 PM
I've tried a lot of different ways to get fit, but the only one that's survived the test of time is weightlifting (as in bench press, deadlift, barbell squats and chin-ups -- not bodybuilding-type detailing). There's something very satisfying about lifting heavy, even if I have a long way to go in the "heavy" department. My current 1-rep maximum on bench press is 95 pounds with free weights, but I recently did a 110-pound press for reps on a machine. Squat is up to 95 pounds with good form. My 1RM deadlift is currently 125 pounds, but I've dialed it back down to 115 until I can lift cleanly with solid form, to protect previously-injured back muscles. I'm using the assisted chin-up machine at the gym, and with the counterweight I can now lift 100 pounds of My own weight for a couple of reps.

For a while (about 15 years of actual training, from 1975 through 2009) I practised various martial arts including kung fu, judo, jujitsu, and most recently a 5th kyu purple belt in Shotokan karate. A combination of injuries and dojo politics wiped out all interest I might have once had. If I ever go back down the martial arts path I'm joining a boxing club instead.

Swimming is fun, although I'm not as good as I'd like to be. I've been taking a short course in tap dancing, and that's also a lot of fun; I may pursue that further.

Oh, and machine aerobics bore Me silly. I have a recumbent exercise bike at home, but 20 minutes is about the most I can stand. Helps to have a book to read while I'm pedalling away.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
14-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Haven't meant to neglect my own thread, here. Blush

Hope everyone is kicking ass in here! I have been keeping up w/my runs, and the gym. Holiday goodies are around us during this season, so choose wisely. Indulge, but don't overdo it. Your ass, stomach and thighs will thank you. hehe Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
14-12-2014, 02:11 PM
I had flu for a bit, so been out of it. But I did a hard 10k today and time was OK too. Though legs felt a bit wobbly after Confused

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Working out right now. Being on the forum in between sets makes it go faster.Flex

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-12-2014, 03:55 PM
(14-12-2014 02:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  I had flu for a bit, so been out of it. But I did a hard 10k today and time was OK too. Though legs felt a bit wobbly after Confused

I envy you, I can't run anymore since I herniated two discs in my neck. The endorphin high you get a couple of miles into a long run is great.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-12-2014, 10:50 PM
(14-12-2014 03:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 02:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  I had flu for a bit, so been out of it. But I did a hard 10k today and time was OK too. Though legs felt a bit wobbly after Confused

I envy you, I can't run anymore since I herniated two discs in my neck. The endorphin high you get a couple of miles into a long run is great.

Eish Sad Sorry man. My greatest fear is getting an injury like that. At least you're still able to hit the gym...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-12-2014, 11:02 PM
In a few years you'll be able to get replacement body parts at Wal-Mart. Might as well use, abuse, and break your shit while it's still something you can brag about.

'Murican Canadian
15-12-2014, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2014 08:14 AM by LadyWallFlower.)
I have a question. I'm not really a runner, but sometimes I think it would be nice to go for a jog and be outside. The only problem is that every time I jog my legs itch like crazy within just a few minutes. A few months ago Joe and I went for a jog, we weren't even out for 15 minutes and by the time we were done my legs were itching so bad I could hardly stand it. My legs usually get really red (even if I don't scratch) and it even happened when I took a walk around my apartment complex.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Edit: Also, I'm not all about checking my weight all the time, because t's just a number. But I recently stopped caring about what I eat and fell back into some old habits, and I gained like 10 pounds in just a few months. As a teenager, I drank soda, ate whatever I wanted and nothing happened to my weight...but drink soda and junk food as an almost 24 year old woman, and shit hits the fan! Laugh out load

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde