Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-12-2015, 07:20 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(31-12-2015 12:43 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Went out tonight for drinks with fiance and friends....we have pretty much the same friends, I was initially introduced to him through a mutual friend. That's the way to go...forget dating sites. Forget random encounters. Well...lol I'd say meet someone through a friend, it's awesome if it works out.

Anyways, worked out earlier, just a 30 minute jog. Honestly, the sugary candies I've consumed in the past 48 hours, is terrible. Sad

I'm off of work until into next week, yay! Big Grin

So agree! I would rather date a friend or meet through mutual friends. I hate dating sites!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2015, 07:35 AM
(27-12-2015 08:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  By CF in this post, I meant Cross fit, not Christian Forums lol Omg, I should go to sleep. Laugh out load

Ohhhh...OK. Thanks for clarifying. Not that it's any of my business, but I was a little afraid you were trying to turn Jennybee to the dark side. Tongue

(31-12-2015 12:43 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Went out tonight for drinks with fiance and friends....we have pretty much the same friends, I was initially introduced to him through a mutual friend. That's the way to go...forget dating sites. Forget random encounters. Well...lol I'd say meet someone through a friend, it's awesome if it works out.

I don't know... I met my ex-wife through a friend (her sister). I was also recently introduced to a girl through a friend who is a total disaster. She's bi-polar, suffers from insomnia and has a three year old non-verbal autistic daughter and an abusive ex-husband. I'm starting to wonder if maybe my friends don't like me... Consider

Anyway, back on topic. I'm changing gyms today. I was at Anytime Fitness, which is convenient because of 24 hour access, but it really sucks compared to a full featured gym. They have two power racks for all barbell work. Bench press, squat, deadlift, standing press, seated press, etc. So too often I find myself changing my plan rather than waiting in line for equipment. They also don't have locker rooms, so it's a pain in the butt if you have change clothes before or after which you pretty much always need to do in the winter.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
31-12-2015, 08:07 AM
(31-12-2015 07:35 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 08:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  By CF in this post, I meant Cross fit, not Christian Forums lol Omg, I should go to sleep. Laugh out load

Ohhhh...OK. Thanks for clarifying. Not that it's any of my business, but I was a little afraid you were trying to turn Jennybee to the dark side. Tongue

I don't know... I met my ex-wife through a friend (her sister). I was also recently introduced to a girl through a friend who is a total disaster. She's bi-polar, suffers from insomnia and has a three year old non-verbal autistic daughter and an abusive ex-husband. I'm starting to wonder if maybe my friends don't like me... Consider

Anyway, back on topic. I'm changing gyms today. I was at Anytime Fitness, which is convenient because of 24 hour access, but it really sucks compared to a full featured gym. They have two power racks for all barbell work. Bench press, squat, deadlift, standing press, seated press, etc. So too often I find myself changing my plan rather than waiting in line for equipment. They also don't have locker rooms, so it's a pain in the butt if you have change clothes before or after which you pretty much always need to do in the winter.

Laugh out load I'm still an atheist. They have interesting debates over at CF. I also brought someone over here to our dark side that I met on Christian forums. Tongue

Oh man, those are some bad experiences! Maybe take a break from friends setting you up Tongue I also like to meet people by joining groups like meetup.com, that way you are meeting people with similar interests--which is nice so you can enjoy doing activities together. There's also no pressure, it's just people getting together and having fun. Everyone is relaxed so you get to see more of real personalities and not ones people sometimes put on on dates. If nothing else, you make some nice friends.

Right now I'm on a dating hiatus until I move, which kind of sucks. But I just don't want to start anything here since I'm going to be moving soon.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
31-12-2015, 10:32 AM
I should have changed gyms months ago. The parking lot was full, the gym was busy, and I was still able to do the workout I wanted to do without waiting for equipment. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
31-12-2015, 11:23 AM
(31-12-2015 10:32 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I should have changed gyms months ago. The parking lot was full, the gym was busy, and I was still able to do the workout I wanted to do without waiting for equipment. Thumbsup

I go to LA Fitness. They have so many machines I on the main floor it's ridiculous. Half of them I have no idea what they do or how to use them. One of the neatest things is their pool. It's a heated, salted pool.... not chlorine... and the Jacuzzi is also salted. It's fantastic!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
31-12-2015, 11:34 AM
(31-12-2015 11:23 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-12-2015 10:32 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I should have changed gyms months ago. The parking lot was full, the gym was busy, and I was still able to do the workout I wanted to do without waiting for equipment. Thumbsup

I go to LA Fitness. They have so many machines I on the main floor it's ridiculous. Half of them I have no idea what they do or how to use them. One of the neatest things is their pool. It's a heated, salted pool.... not chlorine... and the Jacuzzi is also salted. It's fantastic!

I haven't been to a gym in forever. I just go to yoga studios and Krav Maga. The last gym I belonged to was Bally's and that was years ago.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-12-2015, 12:10 PM
(31-12-2015 11:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(31-12-2015 11:23 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I go to LA Fitness. They have so many machines I on the main floor it's ridiculous. Half of them I have no idea what they do or how to use them. One of the neatest things is their pool. It's a heated, salted pool.... not chlorine... and the Jacuzzi is also salted. It's fantastic!

I haven't been to a gym in forever. I just go to yoga studios and Krav Maga. The last gym I belonged to was Bally's and that was years ago.

I was a member at Bally's too (years ago). It was the second gym I joined. The first was Fitness USA which was a big mistake. They had men and women work out on alternating days, so if you wanted to workout everyday, you had to go to alternating locations. They also had a very limited free weight selection. I should have known better, but I signed up after a trainer kicked my ass. After that I promised myself that I'd never make an important decision after a hard workout. I was stuck paying for a "lifetime" membership to a shitty gym for two years. Dodgy

Bally was good though. My ex was a member there two, so we'd go workout together while we were dating and married. Of course that all changed when her boyfriend got a membership and they started working out together... I can't believe I lost the gym in the divorce too. No

Next up was Go Workout! Cheesy name, awesome gym. The trainers knew what they were doing and the members were there to work hard. It was a great environment to really push yourself.

But I moved away and had to say goodbye. Fitness 19 was close to my new place and cheap, and after a few days it was easy to see why. They kept half the lights off and didn't have enough plates, I always felt sleepy and was always searching for the right weight to add to the bar. So I cancelled that and joined Anytime Fitness instead which was also very close which pretty much brings us up to date.

-Rowan Atkinson
31-12-2015, 12:52 PM
(31-12-2015 12:10 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(31-12-2015 11:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I haven't been to a gym in forever. I just go to yoga studios and Krav Maga. The last gym I belonged to was Bally's and that was years ago.

I was a member at Bally's too (years ago). It was the second gym I joined. The first was Fitness USA which was a big mistake. They had men and women work out on alternating days, so if you wanted to workout everyday, you had to go to alternating locations. They also had a very limited free weight selection. I should have known better, but I signed up after a trainer kicked my ass. After that I promised myself that I'd never make an important decision after a hard workout. I was stuck paying for a "lifetime" membership to a shitty gym for two years. Dodgy

Bally was good though. My ex was a member there two, so we'd go workout together while we were dating and married. Of course that all changed when her boyfriend got a membership and they started working out together... I can't believe I lost the gym in the divorce too. No

Next up was Go Workout! Cheesy name, awesome gym. The trainers knew what they were doing and the members were there to work hard. It was a great environment to really push yourself.

But I moved away and had to say goodbye. Fitness 19 was close to my new place and cheap, and after a few days it was easy to see why. They kept half the lights off and didn't have enough plates, I always felt sleepy and was always searching for the right weight to add to the bar. So I cancelled that and joined Anytime Fitness instead which was also very close which pretty much brings us up to date.

I hated Bally's. They actually had a lawsuit due to deceitful contract practices years ago. It was a class action and I was able to get out of my two year contract with them.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-12-2015, 03:01 PM
(31-12-2015 12:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I hated Bally's. They actually had a lawsuit due to deceitful contract practices years ago. It was a class action and I was able to get out of my two year contract with them.

I can believe that. I went in to sign up based on a deal I saw on TV. The manager said they didn't have that promotion anymore, so I picked what I considered the next best plan. A few days later I saw the commercial again and was kind of pissed, but I didn't know if the girl lied to me or was just dumb or lazy, but based on your experience it sounds like it was just part of the Bally business model. Dodgy

However...there was about eight years after that initial contract period expired where I only paid about $10/month and actually used their facilities, so that kind of made up for it. They probably hated me. Big Grin

-Rowan Atkinson
31-12-2015, 03:15 PM
I bought a three year plan at LA Fitness which brought the payments down to about $12 a month. I have a friend who teaches yoga there and I take her classes. We actually went to the same ballet school for a while. She's a great yoga teacher.

I've gone to other places and they smelled and were filthy and cluttered. This one is super duper clean and I like the architecture of the building and it has different levels with a nice sweeping staircase.

[Image: 261.jpg]

I think this is a different LA Fitness but the one I go to has a very similar floorplan.

[Image: lafitness3.jpg]

It's just a real neat place. It's very airy and open and like I said, very clean.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post