Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-01-2016, 01:17 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
I don't want to do Yoga Tongue

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2016, 01:21 PM
(07-01-2016 01:17 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I don't want to do Yoga Tongue

Then don't Big Grin Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-01-2016, 02:34 PM
(07-01-2016 12:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 12:39 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Power cleans at the gym today.... Lost my grip on the bar and dropped the damn thing on my legs.......

Hug Are you okay? Must have hurt like a mofo.

I am ok. It hurt bad, all the weight straight to my legs which then took me straight to the floor. Followed by the entire gym staring at me. Blush The bruising is already impressive. Facepalm
07-01-2016, 02:35 PM
(07-01-2016 01:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 01:06 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I'll probably start playing DDR again. I was spending about 25 bucks a month at the arcade, but I'll probably just start playing at home.

I might do some strength training. I need to do something to help my back pain Tongue.

You should try doing some yoga for back pain. It really works. I really fucked up my knee from running years ago (I used to run 12 miles a day) and I would also workout on top of that. I thought I was going to have to have surgery because I couldn't even bend down without my knee hurting to the point of my being practically in tears. I started doing yoga and the pain went away without surgery. I don't do the 12 mile runs anymore, but I can still hike and backpack, do Krav Maga, and run 2 miles with my 100 pound german shepherd without my knee bothering me in the least.

People still look at me strangely when I tell them I do yoga (not very well, but I still do it). It has done wonders for all sorts of back and knee pain I was having.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
07-01-2016, 02:38 PM
(07-01-2016 02:34 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 12:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug Are you okay? Must have hurt like a mofo.

I am ok. It hurt bad, all the weight straight to my legs which then took me straight to the floor. Followed by the entire gym staring at me. Blush The bruising is already impressive. Facepalm

Awwww, I'm glad u r okay though.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
07-01-2016, 02:41 PM
(07-01-2016 02:35 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(07-01-2016 01:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You should try doing some yoga for back pain. It really works. I really fucked up my knee from running years ago (I used to run 12 miles a day) and I would also workout on top of that. I thought I was going to have to have surgery because I couldn't even bend down without my knee hurting to the point of my being practically in tears. I started doing yoga and the pain went away without surgery. I don't do the 12 mile runs anymore, but I can still hike and backpack, do Krav Maga, and run 2 miles with my 100 pound german shepherd without my knee bothering me in the least.

People still look at me strangely when I tell them I do yoga (not very well, but I still do it). It has done wonders for all sorts of back and knee pain I was having.

I knew I didn't want to have surgery and I was sick of my knee limiting what I could do since I like to be active. That's when I found yoga and my knee pain completely went away.

09-01-2016, 11:35 PM
I ran today, yay! 3 miles, nothing much, but it felt good after slacking off a bit. Unsure
My fiance wants to run a half marathon in a few months and asked me if I wanted to join him.

Laughat << this was me

Just kidding. I might...

Hope everyone is doing great today!! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
10-01-2016, 02:43 PM
I should be at the gym. Posting here is close enough? Unsure

jk

Heading there shortly, but feeling sluggish today......

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
10-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Went for a 4 mile run, and 15 minutes were spent with sprints. Was a great run, and didn't end up making it to the gym. My fiance and I were planning it, but ended up running together instead. He's a faster runner than me by far, and if you get the opportunity to run with someone faster, don't shy away from it. It will challenge you, although, you will be hurting after! Unsure But, he said he would massage me later, so...it all might be worth it.

Yes, more pain ...please?

Big Grin

Going to have steak tonight, and a salad.

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
11-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Ran tonight - 4 miles. And sprints. Moar sprints. Ugh, it was good, but I downed two huge glasses of water when I arrived back home, and that's never a smart thing to do after a hard workout. Sad

Run and learn. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post