Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-01-2016, 07:09 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
My recent workouts have consisted almost entirely of lifting glasses of eggnog and fistfuls of cookies. Laugh out load

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-01-2016, 07:49 PM
(11-01-2016 07:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  My recent workouts have consisted almost entirely of lifting glasses of eggnog and fistfuls of cookies. Laugh out load

Laugh out load ''fistfuls'

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
13-01-2016, 08:43 PM
90 minutes yoga--nice flow with lots of different poses. Also went for a run with one of my dogs. A little bit of light rain--I love running in that Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-01-2016, 10:32 PM
(13-01-2016 08:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  90 minutes yoga--nice flow with lots of different poses. Also went for a run with one of my dogs. A little bit of light rain--I love running in that Smile

90 minutes of yoga is HARDDDD....nice work!! Heart Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
14-01-2016, 12:11 AM
15 km around the hills of Joburg with a mate Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-01-2016, 09:14 AM
My favorite strength exercise to do is a farmer carry. I love the burn! One arm (or both, if you have the equipment) for a minute and thirty seconds to two minutes, then the other. 60 bodyweight squats afterward. Repeat. Helps you develop crazy grip and forearm strength!

I'm only using a 50 lb. dumbbell for now, but I want to eventually accustom myself to 70 and 90 and beyond in the future.

It probably sounds silly, but when I have kids I want to be one of those dads that can pick up their kids with their forearms. When I was little, I'd always grab one of my dad's forearms and he'd lift me up. Thought he was superman! I want to do stuff like that with my future kids.
[+] 4 users Like UndauntedToast's post
14-01-2016, 10:12 PM
(14-01-2016 09:14 AM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  My favorite strength exercise to do is a farmer carry. I love the burn! One arm (or both, if you have the equipment) for a minute and thirty seconds to two minutes, then the other. 60 bodyweight squats afterward. Repeat. Helps you develop crazy grip and forearm strength!

I'm only using a 50 lb. dumbbell for now, but I want to eventually accustom myself to 70 and 90 and beyond in the future.

It probably sounds silly, but when I have kids I want to be one of those dads that can pick up their kids with their forearms. When I was little, I'd always grab one of my dad's forearms and he'd lift me up. Thought he was superman! I want to do stuff like that with my future kids.
I don't like farmer's walks...lol But, they are useful for improving grip that's for sure. Welcome to our thread, by the way. Big GrinHeart

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
14-01-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm wrecked! Wrecked I tell you. Hour of speed-work and Christmas has taken its toll Weeping It's a long hard road from here...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-01-2016, 11:07 PM
(14-01-2016 10:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'm wrecked! Wrecked I tell you. Hour of speed-work and Christmas has taken its toll Weeping It's a long hard road from here...

Laughat << ignore that guy

we will carry you! Big Grin

Heart It's only two weeks into the new year, you will make the best come back everrr...I just know it. Yes The holidays definitely slowed me down, too. Too many parties. Was fun, but....too much! Angry

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
15-01-2016, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2016 09:25 AM by UndauntedToast.)
Deidre, the welcome is much appreciated! Big Grin

The game console, the Xbox One, I have the kinect sensor. My favorite app, and most used thing on the console itself, is Xbox Fitness. The MOSSA Fight series whips your ass! It's an excellent cardio/HIIT workout. It's around 32 minutes and it works your whole body. Love it. The Turbofire Beach Body workout is on point, too, so much so that I bought it within the app (Xbox Fitness is a free app, and the MOSSA Fight series is free, but there are workouts that need to be bought, which I don't do, with the exception being the Turbofire Beach Body workout since it's so intense).

What Xbox Fitness does is, via the kinect sensor, it records your movements and how well you do them, and you get a score at the end of the workout (1-5 stars and a number). You earn badges and achievements (FitPoints) along the way. It's a pretty nice incentive and cool motivator to keep you going.

I'd utilize more of the workouts on Xbox Fitness if I had more room.

Another game, developed by Ubisoft, called "Shape Up", is also pretty fun.

It does things similar to Xbox Fitness. It will score your workouts, which are typically "physical games". Oftentimes you can compete against yourself, as in a past score, which is pretty damn fun. I like the "Squat to the Moon" (self explanatory) challenge and some of the boxing ones. There's some pushup ones that'd be better if my kinect sensor would actually detect things correctly.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post