Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-01-2016, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2016 12:18 PM by Can_of_Beans.)
RE: Atheists who work out
(31-12-2015 07:35 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  ...I was also recently introduced to a girl through a friend who is a total disaster. She's bi-polar, suffers from insomnia and has a three year old non-verbal autistic daughter and an abusive ex-husband. I'm starting to wonder if maybe my friends don't like me... Consider

I just learned through Facebook that you can add MS to her list of ailments. Poor girl. Unsure

But in other news, I just got a pair New Balance Minimus Trainers. They had one pair of last year's version in exactly the size I needed so I saved $20. Big Grin

I'd been using Merrell Trail Gloves but the sole is too narrow through the instep and the heal is a little too rounded to really feel stable while lifting. But now that they're not my main gym shoe, I'll feel a lot better about abusing them outdoors - you know, like on actual trails. Thumbsup

NB Minimus

[Image: mx20gc4_nb_16_i?$dw_temp_default_gallery$]

Merrell Trail Glove

[Image: MRLM-J03901-050614-S15-OUT?wid=1200&..._usm=0.5,1]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
15-01-2016, 10:27 PM
90 minutes yoga--vinyasa flow. 30 minutes meditation. Krav Maga this weekend.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday. I watched The Visit (M. Night Shyamalan) while eating my pizza. I love horror movies and I have to say it was pretty good. Not Sixth Sense good, but pretty good. Going to a wine bar in a little bit. Tomorrow, going out for breakfast somewhere yummy while I drop my jeep off to be serviced. I also have some work being done on my house, but if the workmen get done early, I'll probably go for a hike. And maybe run a few laps around my neighborhood with my dogs later on.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Upgraded my homemade gym a little, I didn't feel like dumping a hundred plus dollars for some dumbbells, so I picked up a few 48 pound concrete blocks from Home Depot for less than $5 each and wrapped some chain around them both for some extra weight and to serve as a handle.

Worked out well. I ended up making an integrated circuit routine out of not only using them as weights, but stacking them for other purposes.

For example, cement block rows for one minute, stack them to make a platform for a minute of full range pushups, , stack them on my sled and sprint with it for a minute, unload and stack them to use as a platform for burpees w/jumps for a minute, etc.

Neat conditioning tool. Got strange looks from the neighbors, too, which is also part of the goal,

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
16-01-2016, 02:24 AM
(15-01-2016 09:17 AM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  Deidre, the welcome is much appreciated! Big Grin

The game console, the Xbox One, I have the kinect sensor. My favorite app, and most used thing on the console itself, is Xbox Fitness. The MOSSA Fight series whips your ass! It's an excellent cardio/HIIT workout. It's around 32 minutes and it works your whole body. Love it. The Turbofire Beach Body workout is on point, too, so much so that I bought it within the app (Xbox Fitness is a free app, and the MOSSA Fight series is free, but there are workouts that need to be bought, which I don't do, with the exception being the Turbofire Beach Body workout since it's so intense).

What Xbox Fitness does is, via the kinect sensor, it records your movements and how well you do them, and you get a score at the end of the workout (1-5 stars and a number). You earn badges and achievements (FitPoints) along the way. It's a pretty nice incentive and cool motivator to keep you going.

I'd utilize more of the workouts on Xbox Fitness if I had more room.

Another game, developed by Ubisoft, called "Shape Up", is also pretty fun.

It does things similar to Xbox Fitness. It will score your workouts, which are typically "physical games". Oftentimes you can compete against yourself, as in a past score, which is pretty damn fun. I like the "Squat to the Moon" (self explanatory) challenge and some of the boxing ones. There's some pushup ones that'd be better if my kinect sensor would actually detect things correctly.

I LOVE beachbody workouts! P90X kicked my ass and got it in shape a few years ago when I had a two year old I was chasing around the house. I've been out of commission since October between an ankle injury, new job orientation, and being sick (and let's face it, my dating life), but as soon as I kick this bug I'm back to working out. It's too cold for me to tolerate a run, so I'll be doing the Beachbody Brazill Butt Lift Laughat wish they picked a different name...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
16-01-2016, 07:29 AM
Did some "Attic Yoga" yesterday.

Y'know, contorting yourself into odd and uncomfortable positions to get at the electrical wiring when in a freezing cold attic. Tongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
16-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Awesome run today, 4 miles, and some speed work thrown in. Then ate a few Doritos...those things are evil. Confused

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
16-01-2016, 07:24 PM
(15-01-2016 11:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Upgraded my homemade gym a little, I didn't feel like dumping a hundred plus dollars for some dumbbells, so I picked up a few 48 pound concrete blocks from Home Depot for less than $5 each and wrapped some chain around them both for some extra weight and to serve as a handle.

Worked out well. I ended up making an integrated circuit routine out of not only using them as weights, but stacking them for other purposes.

For example, cement block rows for one minute, stack them to make a platform for a minute of full range pushups, , stack them on my sled and sprint with it for a minute, unload and stack them to use as a platform for burpees w/jumps for a minute, etc.

Neat conditioning tool. Got strange looks from the neighbors, too, which is also part of the goal,

Sounds tough! I like circuit routines, and it's cool that you have this set up at home. Thumbsup

16-01-2016, 07:32 PM
90 minutes of Ashtanga yoga today. Heart
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Ran 5 miles today, with sprints! Working out with my fiance, and he's very much into weight lifting, cross fit, and plyometrics. He's a beast ^_^
After the run, we did a series of burpees, sit ups, and lunges. Ugh, tough day, but it's good to have a workout partner.

90 minutes of yoga is awesome jenny, good job!

Heart

17-01-2016, 06:00 PM
(15-01-2016 09:45 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(31-12-2015 07:35 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  ...I was also recently introduced to a girl through a friend who is a total disaster. She's bi-polar, suffers from insomnia and has a three year old non-verbal autistic daughter and an abusive ex-husband. I'm starting to wonder if maybe my friends don't like me... Consider

I just learned through Facebook that you can add MS to her list of ailments. Poor girl. Unsure

But in other news, I just got a pair New Balance Minimus Trainers. They had one pair of last year's version in exactly the size I needed so I saved $20. Big Grin

I'd been using Merrell Trail Gloves but the sole is too narrow through the instep and the heal is a little too rounded to really feel stable while lifting. But now that they're not my main gym shoe, I'll feel a lot better about abusing them outdoors - you know, like on actual trails. Thumbsup

NB Minimus

[Image: mx20gc4_nb_16_i?$dw_temp_default_gallery$]

Merrell Trail Glove

[Image: MRLM-J03901-050614-S15-OUT?wid=1200&..._usm=0.5,1]
so jealous, I want these!!! Weeping

but congrats that YOU have them. Big Grin