Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-12-2014, 04:57 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
LadyWallFlower,

Itchy legs is a new one to me so I don't really know. However, I found this:
http://running.about.com/od/illnessesand...sing_5.htm
(Sorry about the title - honestly I don't know why it should be "embarrassing", it just is what it is - annoying, but not embarrassing.)

The web page suggests that it's related to low fitness level and that it should go away as fitness increases. You may want to start with a lower intensity exercise (walking, for example) for awhile to raise your fitness level before running.

Honestly though, I'd probably also bring it up with your doctor. A Google search indicates there could be other causes (an allergy is one I saw, for example).

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
18-12-2014, 07:18 AM
(17-12-2014 04:57 PM)Impulse Wrote:  LadyWallFlower,

Itchy legs is a new one to me so I don't really know. However, I found this:
http://running.about.com/od/illnessesand...sing_5.htm
(Sorry about the title - honestly I don't know why it should be "embarrassing", it just is what it is - annoying, but not embarrassing.)

The web page suggests that it's related to low fitness level and that it should go away as fitness increases. You may want to start with a lower intensity exercise (walking, for example) for awhile to raise your fitness level before running.

Honestly though, I'd probably also bring it up with your doctor. A Google search indicates there could be other causes (an allergy is one I saw, for example).

Hmm, I haven't worked out hard for a while...that could be it. I've been slacking. I'll definitely have to ask my doctor though.
I did T25 a while back, and my legs were slightly itchy in the beginning and then stopped as I progressed. For some reason jogging makes them way more itchy than any other form of exercise.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
18-12-2014, 08:47 AM
That's it. I'm logging out and going for a run. I need to get back in shape. For 28, I did a bazillion 5Ks and a whopping 15 mile obstacle course. I was in fantastic shape and felt great. For 29 all I've done is Warrior Dash in the spring, and have been lazy ever since.

Fuck you, stress. New goal: earn the orange headband next summer to welcome in my 30s. Back to the trails and P90X for prep.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
18-12-2014, 11:50 AM
1.5 miles. Gawd tried to troll me and it started raining. It was cold. It was slow. Aaaannnnd it felt awesome. Best part of the cold- winter means no snakes.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
18-12-2014, 02:58 PM
(18-12-2014 11:50 AM)Nurse Wrote:  1.5 miles. Gawd tried to troll me and it started raining. It was cold. It was slow. Aaaannnnd it felt awesome. Best part of the cold- winter means no snakes.

Well played Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-12-2014, 05:03 PM
(18-12-2014 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 11:50 AM)Nurse Wrote:  1.5 miles. Gawd tried to troll me and it started raining. It was cold. It was slow. Aaaannnnd it felt awesome. Best part of the cold- winter means no snakes.

Well played Smile

Thanks Big Grin gotta start somewhere.

The Tough Mudder for Tennessee in May is at the same location where I've done a Warrior Dash and only an hour from my house. Holy shit those were some steep climbs! It's the only one I didn't enjoy - a lot of people had injuries. I'm not comfortable with only 6 months of training for 10-12 miles (16-19K) of steep hills and obstacles. No thanks. Dallas and Las Vegas have runs in October - much more feasible time frame.

18-12-2014, 05:08 PM
(18-12-2014 08:47 AM)Nurse Wrote:  That's it. I'm logging out and going for a run. I need to get back in shape. For 28, I did a bazillion 5Ks and a whopping 15 mile obstacle course. I was in fantastic shape and felt great. For 29 all I've done is Warrior Dash in the spring, and have been lazy ever since.

Fuck you, stress. New goal: earn the orange headband next summer to welcome in my 30s. Back to the trails and P90X for prep.

Good for you, I'll follow.
At nearly 73 I still enjoy gyming and jogging(more often PW these days)
As the old saying goes.....'use it or lose it":thumbsup:
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
18-12-2014, 11:25 PM
(18-12-2014 05:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm not comfortable with only 6 months of training for 10-12 miles (16-19K) of steep hills and obstacles. No thanks. Dallas and Las Vegas have runs in October - much more feasible time frame.

6 months is a looooooooong time to train Tongue

Anyway I'm here to report that I've fallen off the wagon Sad Hardly run at all this week. I shalt haveth to trieth harder...eth...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-12-2014, 01:56 PM

Great job. Thumbsup

(18-12-2014 11:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Anyway I'm here to report that I've fallen off the wagon Sad Hardly run at all this week. I shalt haveth to trieth harder...eth...

Don't worry about it. Sometimes you just need a break. The important thing is not to let it go too long. A week isn't much.

================================================

Me? I'm now at the peak of my marathon training with the marathon just 3 weeks from this Sunday. I have a 20-miler to run tomorrow. In general, things have been going well, but I still get minor twinges in the calf that I had pulled. It always happens between runs, not during, so I don't think it's really a problem. But it's just enough to keep me constantly guessing about whether I'm going to be able to make it this year. I've been running a bit faster for my last three long runs (8:45 - 9:00 per mile) though, so in general things are looking up.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
21-12-2014, 06:07 PM
I ran the 20 miles yesterday and everything went well. I stayed dead on a 9 minute/mile pace the whole way finishing at 2:59:26. This felt comfortable for the first 15 miles, but I was a bit out of breath for the last 5. I ordinarily would have taken it easier for the long distance, but my running schedule is going to be messed up for the next 2 weeks due to holiday work hours changes and holiday traveling. I'll probably be running fewer miles than I should so I figured it wouldn't hurt if I have to spend longer than usual recuperating. This also really helped boost my confidence that I have a chance at beating my marathon time from last year. Since I have had to take it somewhat easy during training due to my prior injuries, I've been thinking that it may be a long shot to beat my time.. but not anymore. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post