Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-01-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(29-01-2016 04:34 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Cross fit today for 40 minutes, and I'm not sure what to do tonight. Might not get together with my fiance...he has some friends he wants to hang out with and of course I'm always invited, but...thinking of doing my own thing. I love him so much but not really the type to cling to a guy 24/7 lol

Hugs to all of my e friends in this whole damn thread! Hug Heart

Agreed--I love hanging out with a bf but I like having "me" time too. I think it makes a healthy balance in the rship not to be with each other constantly. I like having time to miss them Tongue It makes everything so much better.

For this weekend, I am realllllyyyy craving indian food. This one place--the naan--Drooling It's really that good. I'm also kind of wanting to see this movie called Anger the Dead (of course, a zombie flick Wink ). I am really missing my zombies since the Walking Dead is on hiatus. Hobo I'm looking forward to its return more than Valentine's Day Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-01-2016, 06:00 PM
(29-01-2016 04:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 04:34 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Cross fit today for 40 minutes, and I'm not sure what to do tonight. Might not get together with my fiance...he has some friends he wants to hang out with and of course I'm always invited, but...thinking of doing my own thing. I love him so much but not really the type to cling to a guy 24/7 lol

Hugs to all of my e friends in this whole damn thread! Hug Heart

Agreed--I love hanging out with a bf but I like having "me" time too. I think it makes a healthy balance in the rship not to be with each other constantly. I like having time to miss them Tongue It makes everything so much better.

For this weekend, I am realllllyyyy craving indian food. This one place--the naan--Drooling It's really that good. I'm also kind of wanting to see this movie called Anger the Dead (of course, a zombie flick Wink ). I am really missing my zombies since the Walking Dead is on hiatus. Hobo I'm looking forward to its return more than Valentine's Day Laugh out load

Ohhhh I want Indian food now tooooo....Hobo

Too bad we all don't live closer, I think we would all have so much fun if we hung out!! Big Grin

I agree about missing them. I also just want to relax tonight. Blush I might grab a bite to eat with a friend, but that's it.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
30-01-2016, 03:41 PM
So today I made a game, based on a game. I have been playing TF2 a lot recently, so I made a push up game out of it.

For every game I lost I must do 20 push ups with 40 pounds on my back(would be more but I don't have more) and for win I do 20 push ups with out the weights(this opens up to more variation of push-ups like claps or hops.) I try to go up to 1000 push ups before I end the game.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 5 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
30-01-2016, 03:48 PM
(30-01-2016 03:41 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So today I made a game, based on a game. I have been playing TF2 a lot recently, so I made a push up game out of it.

For every game I lost I must do 20 push ups with 40 pounds on my back(would be more but I don't have more) and for win I do 20 push ups with out the weights(this opens up to more variation of push-ups like claps or hops.) I try to go up to 1000 push ups before I end the game.
I used to do something similar. When the Halo: Master Chief Collection released, the load times (the servers were garbage!) were so egregious in between games I'd do pushups.
30-01-2016, 04:01 PM
(30-01-2016 03:41 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So today I made a game, based on a game. I have been playing TF2 a lot recently, so I made a push up game out of it.

Love it! Great idea!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
30-01-2016, 07:28 PM
It'll be cool when fitness gets more integrated into gaming. Right now your best option is a cheesy made for the average person warm-up disguised as a workout game or some creative, but ultimately still way below their potential, fitness app games like Zombies Run.

When I was stationed in Japan, working 24 hour watch shifts at a communications relay station in the middle of nowhere, and addicted to Everquest (the big MMORPG that came before WoW), the 5 to 10 minutes it took between kills to regenerate life/mana was ideal for workouts.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-01-2016, 09:42 PM
This guy is awesome.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
30-01-2016, 10:26 PM
haha ^^

So my fiance likes weight lifting, running and...plyometrics. Yuck, I hate plyometrics. He had me doing 'jump ups' on steps...up and down the stairs. Jumping up the stairs, keeping legs together is hard. I got the hang of it, and was hopping before long as that is what it should be like...springing/jumping up the stairs. Shocking

What sadists invented plyometrics?? Angry

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
31-01-2016, 01:02 PM
(30-01-2016 07:28 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It'll be cool when fitness gets more integrated into gaming. Right now your best option is a cheesy made for the average person warm-up disguised as a workout game or some creative, but ultimately still way below their potential, fitness app games like Zombies Run.

When I was stationed in Japan, working 24 hour watch shifts at a communications relay station in the middle of nowhere, and addicted to Everquest (the big MMORPG that came before WoW), the 5 to 10 minutes it took between kills to regenerate life/mana was ideal for workouts.

I started it as a way to get me to workout despite playing games all day. Kinda like selling meth for charity. Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
31-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Overdid it a bit today. I went on a little trail hike with my son which I do every so often at Mont-Saint-Bruno. It's got a few hills here and there, but a pretty relaxing hike really. It's about 5 miles, with a fairly secluded lake in the middle I usually stop at for some basic calisthenics, and I usually go with a 60 pound vest. I decided I wanted to up the challenge so I added a bunch of extra random heavy stuff to my pack. I was aiming for 20 pounds, but I think I overshot it by quite a bit. About 3/4 of the way through my legs started getting wobbly and some of my back muscles started trying to cramp up lol. As if on queue, my son decided he was too tired and needed to be carried the rest of the way.

So now I'm trying to do a little studying and perhaps play a game or two before I go to bed, but I can't seem to sit down on the chair and bend my legs without them cramping up. Couple bananas and some extra protein, and with any luck I'll be able to walk tomorrow. God dammit :/ Frail human body, I wanna be a cyborg or something.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post