Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-02-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(05-02-2016 07:52 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Hitting the ski slopes tomorrow. Except we're gonna be throwing on our gear and hiking up the wooded area to the side rather than skiing down in order to practice mountaineering skills and tactical movements. With any luck it will be cold and pouring down rain. Wouldn't want to waste an opportunity to fit in some shitty weather training while getting a good workout Tongue

I always love training at this place because we practice being stealthy by trying not to be noticed by the people actually skiing or hiking on the trails. I do get a kick out of the ones that spot us, though. Skiers at a resort location probably aren't expecting to glance to the side and see two scout platoons hiding in trees and the reactions are quite priceless. Good times...

I decided against the voodoo doll, so no worries...Big Grin

I haven't been skiing in a while, that is an amazingggg workout!! Have a fun time!

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
05-02-2016, 11:36 PM
(05-02-2016 10:03 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 11:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Did about a thousand reps of 'lift & throw' this morning. Gonna do another set this afternoon.

[Image: DSC_1109.jpg]

Tomorrow will be a weight workout with chainsaw and logs.

[Image: DSC_1103.jpg]

at first I thought this reference meant you were throwing snowballs,and then I thought...no, that can't be right. Blush

Well, it was really good snowball snow. Yes

I had to spray the snow shovel blade with silicone to keep the snow from sticking to it.

First thing in the morning I will do the snowblowing after tonight's sub-freezing temps 'dry out' the snow.

My left shoulder is killing me. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-02-2016, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 04:11 AM by Can_of_Beans.)
I tried spin class for the first time yesterday.

It sucked, but I think I know how to fix it.

1) Don't wear barefoot style shoes. My feet were killing me after the first 10 minutes.

2) Do wear padded shorts. I expect I will be reminded of this every time I sit down today. Blush

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
10-02-2016, 08:40 PM
(09-02-2016 02:41 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I tried spin class for the first time yesterday.

It sucked, but I think I know how to fix it.

1) Don't wear barefoot style shoes. My feet were killing me after the first 10 minutes.

2) Do wear padded shorts. I expect I will be reminded of this every time I sit down today. Blush

nicely done!! good for you!! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
13-02-2016, 03:54 PM
40 minute power walk today and 20 minutes of BW exercises, like pushups, core work, and lunges

Happy Heart day all!

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
13-02-2016, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2016 08:38 PM by jennybee.)
90 minutes Hatha yoga. Side crow, side planks, scorpion, headstand, and "fart pose" as coined by yakherder Laugh out load

30 minutes meditation. Walked/ran a bit with my dogs.

Happy weekend to everyone!!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Looking outside trying to find an excuse not to go out into the 20 below winter for a little training...

Nothing like a little Alexaner Karelin highlight (Russian wrestling legend known among other things for his training in the cold, though it's only shown briefly in this video) to make me feel like a wimp for not being out there already.

Sadcryface Heading out into the woods with a weighted sled to get it done, then back home where my bed will be waiting with a cat keeping it nice and warm.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-02-2016, 10:49 PM
hello my lil health nuts Big Grin

I did cross fit today, a little plyometrics and then a short run...

how is everyone today? Heart

[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
15-02-2016, 10:57 PM
(15-02-2016 10:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  hello my lil health nuts Big Grin

I did cross fit today, a little plyometrics and then a short run...

how is everyone today? Heart

Doing good. Had a nice day off. Yoga, of course Tongue and a nice hike. Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
15-02-2016, 10:58 PM
(15-02-2016 10:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  how is everyone today? Heart

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post