Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-02-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
I ran marathon Sunday Tongue So took day of yesterday and this morning. Probably time trial this eve Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Great movie Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
15-02-2016, 11:01 PM
(15-02-2016 11:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  I ran marathon Sunday Tongue So took day of yesterday and this morning. Probably time trial this eve Smile

Awesome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-02-2016, 01:53 PM
I did spin class again yesterday with proper bicycle shorts, and it makes a WORLD of difference. For one thing, I butt doesn't hurt every time I sit down today even though the AM class was an hour instead of 45 minutes the first time. Thumbsup

My feet still hurt even though I switched to cross trainers, but it took a lot longer for the pain to kick in. Looks like I'll have to upgrade to cycle shoes with cleats that lock into the pedals next. That'll also help engage more muscles because even with toe clips on the pedals, it's still mostly pushing down - you can't pull much without your foot coming free, and I had to hold back on some of the sprints for the same reason.

Overall though, I think I like it. It's certainly more fun than an hour on the treadmill staring at me staring back at myself in the the gym mirror. Hobo

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
17-02-2016, 01:56 PM
(17-02-2016 01:53 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I did spin class again yesterday with proper bicycle shorts, and it makes a WORLD of difference. For one thing, I butt doesn't hurt every time I sit down today even though the AM class was an hour instead of 45 minutes the first time. Thumbsup

My feet still hurt even though I switched to cross trainers, but it took a lot longer for the pain to kick in. Looks like I'll have to upgrade to cycle shoes with cleats that lock into the pedals next. That'll also help engage more muscles because even with toe clips on the pedals, it's still mostly pushing down - you can't pull much without your foot coming free, and I had to hold back on some of the sprints for the same reason.

Overall though, I think I like it. It's certainly more fun than an hour on the treadmill staring at me staring back at myself in the the gym mirror. Hobo

Sounds fun! I haven't tried spinning yet, but several of my friends swear by it.

17-02-2016, 02:00 PM
(17-02-2016 01:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 01:53 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I did spin class again yesterday with proper bicycle shorts, and it makes a WORLD of difference. For one thing, I butt doesn't hurt every time I sit down today even though the AM class was an hour instead of 45 minutes the first time. Thumbsup

Sounds fun! I haven't tried spinning yet, but several of my friends swear by it.

I tried it. It's OK I guess. Not something I'd do by choice.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-02-2016, 02:03 PM
(17-02-2016 02:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 01:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sounds fun! I haven't tried spinning yet, but several of my friends swear by it.

I tried it. It's OK I guess. Not something I'd do by choice.

Seems like it would be a great cardio workout. I prefer to do my cardio outdoors running or hiking, but I live in CA and can do that year round. Once I move I'm going to have to figure out some other ways to get some cardio in the winter since Maine gets hit pretty hard with snow.

17-02-2016, 02:04 PM
(17-02-2016 02:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 02:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  I tried it. It's OK I guess. Not something I'd do by choice.

Seems like it would be a great cardio workout. I prefer to do my cardio outdoors running or hiking, but I live in CA and can do that year round. Once I move I'm going to have to figure out some other ways to get some cardio in the winter since Maine gets hit pretty hard with snow.

... Blush Big Grin

You walked into that.

Bechased

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-02-2016, 02:10 PM
(17-02-2016 02:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 02:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Seems like it would be a great cardio workout. I prefer to do my cardio outdoors running or hiking, but I live in CA and can do that year round. Once I move I'm going to have to figure out some other ways to get some cardio in the winter since Maine gets hit pretty hard with snow.

... Blush Big Grin

You walked into that.

Bechased

Well, ya know Big Grin that kinda cardio goes without sayin' Tongue

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-02-2016, 02:15 PM
(17-02-2016 01:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sounds fun! I haven't tried spinning yet, but several of my friends swear by it.

It is fun! I used to do a lot of cycling when I was in high school, so it kind of takes me back. When summer gets here I might need to get a real bike and get out on the road again. Yes

(17-02-2016 02:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  I tried it. It's OK I guess. Not something I'd do by choice.

I guess that's why they say "to each their own." I haven't tried a marathon but after two 5Ks, I'm pretty sure I never will. Like Gimli, I'm a natural sprinter, very dangerous over short distances. Tongue

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post