Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-12-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(18-12-2014 05:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  Well played Smile

Thanks Big Grin gotta start somewhere.

The Tough Mudder for Tennessee in May is at the same location where I've done a Warrior Dash and only an hour from my house. Holy shit those were some steep climbs! It's the only one I didn't enjoy - a lot of people had injuries. I'm not comfortable with only 6 months of training for 10-12 miles (16-19K) of steep hills and obstacles. No thanks. Dallas and Las Vegas have runs in October - much more feasible time frame.

nicely done, I need to do more cardio, but man I hate running, I like running to the dumbbell rack though..

Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 04:38 PM
(21-12-2014 07:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  nicely done, I need to do more cardio, but man I hate running, I like running to the dumbbell rack though..

Flex

Running is about the only form of cardio I will do without coercion. Running helps me clear my head. Or I put on a fun playlist of songs I would be terribly embarrassed to be caught listening to. For example, "Wobble" *might* be on my playlist Unsure. Just got to the parking lot. Time to run!

For your listening pleasure Tongue :

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
22-12-2014, 04:43 PM
(22-12-2014 04:38 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 07:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  nicely done, I need to do more cardio, but man I hate running, I like running to the dumbbell rack though..

Flex

Running is about the only form of cardio I will do without coercion. Running helps me clear my head. Or I put on a fun playlist of songs I would be terribly embarrassed to be caught listening to. For example, "Wobble" *might* be on my playlist Unsure. Just got to the parking lot. Time to run!

lol love it, made me giggle Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
23-12-2014, 08:36 AM
(22-12-2014 04:38 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

Flex

awesome lol Big Grin

I agree with you about running...it is a life saver, on some days. Yes Not just mere exercise.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
24-12-2014, 07:13 AM
(21-12-2014 07:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 05:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Thanks Big Grin gotta start somewhere.

The Tough Mudder for Tennessee in May is at the same location where I've done a Warrior Dash and only an hour from my house. Holy shit those were some steep climbs! It's the only one I didn't enjoy - a lot of people had injuries. I'm not comfortable with only 6 months of training for 10-12 miles (16-19K) of steep hills and obstacles. No thanks. Dallas and Las Vegas have runs in October - much more feasible time frame.

nicely done, I need to do more cardio, but man I hate running, I like running to the dumbbell rack though..

Flex

Interval training is what I do, burns more calories, takes less time.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
24-12-2014, 07:24 AM
So yesterday I mosey over to my favourite time trial... and it turns out that it's not on because Xmas... so I'm running back home again and I bump into my mate and we decide to run the time trial route as a "training run"... sorta... quarter way in we stopped talking and we got pretty into it... both of us were going flat out by the end - just weren't gonna let the other guy stay in front Tongue He broke me on the last hill though Smile I'm about to head out for a run now...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
24-12-2014, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 08:34 PM by ghostexorcist.)
I didn't start running for exercise until I was 19. This was initially in preparation for joining the military. My platoon averaged around 16 miles a week (4 miles per run) in the US Army 82nd Airborne Division. We also had to run 2 miles for our physical fitness exam. The best time I ever did was 13 minutes flat (I consider that an accomplishment since I'm not built for running). As I've mentioned in a previous workout-based thread, I messed up my foot jumping out of airplanes and finished out my time in the military with a "no running" profile. Apart from semi-regular pushups and situps, this inactivity continued for 10 years. It was only after I gained nearly 50 lbs that I started running again in the summer of 2012.

I usually run 2-3 miles twice a week. Sometimes I feel frisky and run upwards to 4-5 miles each time. I walk on the days I don't run. Back in the summer of 2013, I was running and walking so much that I averaged close to 70 miles a month. (I didn't even come close to that this summer as I was digging for fossils in Tanzania. Most of my exercise there comprised of hiking.) The best time I've done since getting out of the military is 2 miles in 14:55 minutes. However, yesterday, I ran 1.89 miles in 14:16 minutes. I'm sure I could have beaten my best time had I continued. I guess the course I chose was not 2 miles like I had thought.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like ghostexorcist's post
28-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Sprints are on the menu today...nice work everyone ^^
Smile

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
28-12-2014, 06:51 PM
(24-12-2014 07:13 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Interval training is what I do, burns more calories, takes less time.

What is it exactly?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
28-12-2014, 07:24 PM
(28-12-2014 06:51 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 07:13 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Interval training is what I do, burns more calories, takes less time.

What is it exactly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_training

Today, I ran 5 miles, with intervals of sprints. It is fun when you find a combo that works for you. That's a brief definition but there's a lot on google to give you ideas for workouts.

[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post