Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-02-2016, 08:14 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
A friend of mine sent me this. It's why I think yoga is movable art. I'm posting the link as there is some nudity...

https://www.instagram.com/nude_yogagirl/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-02-2016, 09:49 PM
(17-02-2016 09:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 08:47 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Winter workouts in the snow are themselves not fundamentally different. Just the mindset necessary to make yourself go out and do them Smile

If you're just looking to go for a jog, grab some yaktrax and some suitable shoes and go. You'll expend more effort and move slower, which can be frustrating if you're trying to micromanage your pace in preparation for a race that will NOT take place on ice. But as for the workout itself, the principals remain the same. I've got an assortment of mostly homemade equipment I put together for snow training. My previously mentioned weighted sled, snow shoes are always fun. Just tromping around on the same trails you always use, with the addition of snow and snowshoes, makes for one hell of a lower body endurance workout. If you, or anyone for that matter, ever want some suggestions, I'm all about this stuff.

I honestly love training in shitty weather of any type. Quite possibly because I'm simply an egotistical bastard, possibly a bit masochistic, and I kind of enjoy the looks I get from all the soft people sitting behind their windows, having successfully convinced themselves it's too rainy, cold, hot, etc. to go outside Evil_monster

I was thinking of cross country skiing, snowboarding, and skiing as some winter cardio fun activities, those are the things I used to do in MA in the wintertime. I would like to try snowshoeing and the yaktrax look really fun to use too. I'm going to have to invest in some warm clothes, my Cali attire is just not going to cut it during harsh Maine winters Wink Luckily, I'm in CA til the summer--then off to Maine so I can enjoy summer workout activities while I make plans for my winter workouts. But yes, I would love to hear some winter workout ideas Thumbsup

It's called an indoor gym --they tend also to have heat Smile
18-02-2016, 09:52 PM
(18-02-2016 09:49 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(17-02-2016 09:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I was thinking of cross country skiing, snowboarding, and skiing as some winter cardio fun activities, those are the things I used to do in MA in the wintertime. I would like to try snowshoeing and the yaktrax look really fun to use too. I'm going to have to invest in some warm clothes, my Cali attire is just not going to cut it during harsh Maine winters Wink Luckily, I'm in CA til the summer--then off to Maine so I can enjoy summer workout activities while I make plans for my winter workouts. But yes, I would love to hear some winter workout ideas Thumbsup

It's called an indoor gym --they tend also to have heat Smile

True, but I prefer getting my cardio outdoors like I said in my post Wink
18-02-2016, 10:14 PM
(18-02-2016 09:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 09:49 PM)BryanS Wrote:  It's called an indoor gym --they tend also to have heat Smile

True, but I prefer getting my cardio outdoors like I said in my post Wink

Despite being from Wisconsin, no winter sports for me because the cold makes my airways tighten up if I exert myself in that weather.
18-02-2016, 10:35 PM
(18-02-2016 10:14 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 09:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  True, but I prefer getting my cardio outdoors like I said in my post Wink

Despite being from Wisconsin, no winter sports for me because the cold makes my airways tighten up if I exert myself in that weather.

I find running on treadmills boring and I'm not big on group cardio gym-style classes. I like my workouts to be fun--so skiing, snowboarding, that sort of thing is more for me.
19-02-2016, 07:16 AM
(18-02-2016 10:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 10:14 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Despite being from Wisconsin, no winter sports for me because the cold makes my airways tighten up if I exert myself in that weather.

I find running on treadmills boring and I'm not big on group cardio gym-style classes. I like my workouts to be fun--so skiing, snowboarding, that sort of thing is more for me.

Y'know, there is some indoor fun exercise to be had. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-02-2016, 07:27 AM
(19-02-2016 07:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 10:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I find running on treadmills boring and I'm not big on group cardio gym-style classes. I like my workouts to be fun--so skiing, snowboarding, that sort of thing is more for me.

Like nude yoga?

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
19-02-2016, 07:31 AM
(19-02-2016 07:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 07:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  Y'know, there is some indoor fun exercise to be had. Consider

Like nude yoga?

Yeah, stuff along those lines. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2016, 10:34 AM
(19-02-2016 07:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 10:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I find running on treadmills boring and I'm not big on group cardio gym-style classes. I like my workouts to be fun--so skiing, snowboarding, that sort of thing is more for me.

I prefer to call that "indoor body surfing".
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
19-02-2016, 11:08 AM
(18-02-2016 10:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-02-2016 10:14 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Despite being from Wisconsin, no winter sports for me because the cold makes my airways tighten up if I exert myself in that weather.

I with you there. I don't think I could maintain any kind self respect if I went to "Butts and Gutts" or any of the pseudo martial arts/aerobic classes put on by the self styled "Bad Boy Gino" at my gym. Unless "Boxing Boot Camp" means I'd have chance to kick Bad Boy Gino's ass that is. I might reconsider in that case... Consider

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post