Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-02-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(19-02-2016 10:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Going to Krav Maga this weekend. I'm hoping it will get rid of some of my aggression over my shitty love life and dealing with assholes.

Sorry about your shitty love life, but someday, it won't be that way. The good news is, you are a very grounded person who has so much strength and an awesome spirit. Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
01-03-2016, 12:30 PM
(19-10-2014 05:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Thought it might be fun to keep track of workouts and such in this thread. I've been a runner for a while and also do Cross Fit. Curious as to what workout plans you might be following. Post workout music and diet/nutrition advice too, if you have something that has been working for you. Exercise memes are welcome too. Big Grin

I'll start. Tonight I ran 30 minute sprint intervals. Only way to shave a few seconds off my time. Lol

I also did some ab work and push ups...

I hope this thread is helpful and positive!

Well, looks like I'm late for the party. But better late that never. Anyway, I just finished a bulking cycle yesterday, and started my cutting - puke! Nothing like sprinting up hills, eating less and felling tired. But summer is approaching fast and I gotta keep pushing. The good news is, I live in America's finest city (San Diego), so it's always sunny and nice to run/swim outside. Side note: yoga pants are awesome!
[+] 1 user Likes greghalmaghi's post
01-03-2016, 08:08 PM
(01-03-2016 12:30 PM)greghalmaghi Wrote:  
(19-10-2014 05:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Thought it might be fun to keep track of workouts and such in this thread. I've been a runner for a while and also do Cross Fit. Curious as to what workout plans you might be following. Post workout music and diet/nutrition advice too, if you have something that has been working for you. Exercise memes are welcome too. Big Grin

I'll start. Tonight I ran 30 minute sprint intervals. Only way to shave a few seconds off my time. Lol

I also did some ab work and push ups...

I hope this thread is helpful and positive!

Well, looks like I'm late for the party. But better late that never. Anyway, I just finished a bulking cycle yesterday, and started my cutting - puke! Nothing like sprinting up hills, eating less and felling tired. But summer is approaching fast and I gotta keep pushing. The good news is, I live in America's finest city (San Diego), so it's always sunny and nice to run/swim outside. Side note: yoga pants are awesome!

welcome to the thread, and good luck on your cut! And yoga pants are awesome to wear too! lol Big Grin

01-03-2016, 09:28 PM
(01-03-2016 08:08 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 12:30 PM)greghalmaghi Wrote:  Well, looks like I'm late for the party. But better late that never. Anyway, I just finished a bulking cycle yesterday, and started my cutting - puke! Nothing like sprinting up hills, eating less and felling tired. But summer is approaching fast and I gotta keep pushing. The good news is, I live in America's finest city (San Diego), so it's always sunny and nice to run/swim outside. Side note: yoga pants are awesome!

welcome to the thread, and good luck on your cut! And yoga pants are awesome to wear too! lol Big Grin

I prefer them on other people Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-03-2016, 10:18 PM
I knew you'd say that! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-03-2016, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 04:16 AM by yakherder.)
So... Apparently at our training coming up in a couple months, there will be what we call a spur ride. I can best explain this as a cavalry tradition that scout units go through on occasion, the successful completion of which earns one the right to be inducted into the Order of the Spur, after which you are authorized to wear silver spurs with your uniform on certain occasions.

And no, we don't get to do it on horseback Tongue. This time around, it's a 20 mile ruck through woods and mountains in full combat gear with approximately 60 pounds of equipment in our packs, not to mention our climbing kits, including a number of events along the way ranging from live fire exercises to mountaineering components such as rappeling and building and crossing a rope bridge. And to kick it off, we're taking a fitness test (2 mile run, pushups, situps) immediately before beginning the march.

Gonna be one sore bastard by the end of it, but who cares a long as you walk away with bragging rights lol...

I'll post links after we do it. I'm sure public affairs will be all over getting it into local media.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-03-2016, 10:39 PM
(01-03-2016 12:30 PM)greghalmaghi Wrote:  The good news is, I live in America's finest city (San Diego), so it's always sunny and nice to run/swim outside.

Shhhhhhh. If everyone moves here, that's won't be true anymore.
The weather here is so boring. Always nice. You have to get away, just so you appreciate it. Facepalm
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Winter seems to have departed today, and I'm actually stressing this death march in the mountains a little bit lol. Though I do make an effort to get outside and do conditioning drills during the winter, without really thinking about it I nonetheless tend to lean more towards indoor resistance training. The inevitable result is that during the winter I gain a bit of muscle mass at the cost of endurance.

Nothing like getting halfway through a ruck and your back suddenly decides it's finished lifting for the day. I've got just under two months to get my endurance back Smile

'Murican Canadian
09-03-2016, 08:58 PM
(26-02-2016 08:55 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 10:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Going to Krav Maga this weekend. I'm hoping it will get rid of some of my aggression over my shitty love life and dealing with assholes.

Sorry about your shitty love life, but someday, it won't be that way. The good news is, you are a very grounded person who has so much strength and an awesome spirit. Heart

Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
09-03-2016, 08:59 PM
(09-03-2016 08:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Winter seems to have departed today, and I'm actually stressing this death march in the mountains a little bit lol. Though I do make an effort to get outside and do conditioning drills during the winter, without really thinking about it I nonetheless tend to lean more towards indoor resistance training. The inevitable result is that during the winter I gain a bit of muscle mass at the cost of endurance.

Nothing like getting halfway through a ruck and your back suddenly decides it's finished lifting for the day. I've got just under two months to get my endurance back Smile

You'll do fine, your freakin' yakherder Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post