Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-03-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(06-03-2016 10:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 12:30 PM)greghalmaghi Wrote:  The good news is, I live in America's finest city (San Diego), so it's always sunny and nice to run/swim outside.

Shhhhhhh. If everyone moves here, that's won't be true anymore.
The weather here is so boring. Always nice. You have to get away, just so you appreciate it. Facepalm
Tongue

Good call Bucky Ball. On second thought, this place sucks! Minnesota is way better...lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2016, 12:33 PM
(01-03-2016 09:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 08:08 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  welcome to the thread, and good luck on your cut! And yoga pants are awesome to wear too! lol Big Grin

I prefer them on other people Tongue

Me too; however, I think it'd be funny as hell to put them on and go running...just to see how people react.

O.K. this went to a strange place - hahaha. Stopping now Smile
10-03-2016, 09:24 PM
lol ... some men wear yoga type pants to the gym...not a good look in my opinion. UnsureNoBig Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
12-03-2016, 11:06 PM
4 mile run today...felt like my legs were heavy and my shoes filled with lead. So weird. Talk about a slow run. I went to bed super late last night, maybe I was just tired? I hope that's what it was. Blush

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
13-03-2016, 12:42 AM
(12-03-2016 11:06 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  4 mile run today...felt like my legs were heavy and my shoes filled with lead. So weird. Talk about a slow run. I went to bed super late last night, maybe I was just tired? I hope that's what it was. Blush

I hear you, I've been doing a lot of hiking lately plus Krav Maga. Today I took a 90 minute yoga class and my hips and thighs were killing me in half moon pose. I'm definitely going to do some yin and restorative poses tomorrow. Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-03-2016, 02:10 AM
(10-03-2016 09:24 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  lol ... some men wear yoga type pants to the gym...not a good look in my opinion. UnsureNoBig Grin

I understand. I too prefer them on woman Wink

(13-03-2016 12:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I hear you, I've been doing a lot of hiking lately plus Krav Maga. Today I took a 90 minute yoga class and my hips and thighs were killing me in half moon pose. I'm definitely going to do some yin and restorative poses tomorrow. Smile

Reading such posts make me feel lazy Sad.

Maybe it's time for returning to sword fighting?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
13-03-2016, 06:42 AM
uMorondog went to gijima at uMarathon... it's like voluntary self-buggery Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-03-2016, 08:21 AM
(13-03-2016 02:10 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 09:24 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  lol ... some men wear yoga type pants to the gym...not a good look in my opinion. UnsureNoBig Grin

I understand. I too prefer them on woman Wink

(13-03-2016 12:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I hear you, I've been doing a lot of hiking lately plus Krav Maga. Today I took a 90 minute yoga class and my hips and thighs were killing me in half moon pose. I'm definitely going to do some yin and restorative poses tomorrow. Smile

Reading such posts make me feel lazy Sad.

Maybe it's time for returning to sword fighting?

You should!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Alright. After a break I'm back on the ball again. Its hard to stay focused on doing something for yourself when most of that focus has to be funneled towards a toddler. (Not that I mind, I'm loving having a toddler)
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
13-03-2016, 09:01 AM
(13-03-2016 08:48 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Alright. After a break I'm back on the ball again. Its hard to stay focused on doing something for yourself when most of that focus has to be funneled towards a toddler. (Not that I mind, I'm loving having a toddler)

A few years ago when I was extremely busy and had zero time for working out, I found these workout dvds called The Firm Express workout kit. It's a workout dvd bundle that gives you several workout DVDs and you do 3 a week for 20 minutes each. So basically a total of one hour of exercise a week. It's based on hit and circuit workouts. They are a total body workout and were actually kind of fun to do. It has a beginner section, intermediate, and advanced. I was able to tone up fairly quickly from just using it (along with healthy meal plan). You can get it on amazon or probably a place like target even.