Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-03-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(23-03-2016 09:16 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Fitness test next week, first thing Sunday morning. Also received an e-mail saying the next task will involve routine medical checkups that require all of us to have fasted for 24 hours prior. Facepalm Someone didn't coordinate too well...

I'm sure some of the newer guys will actually follow that order. I personally learned to separate which bullshit matters from which bullshit doesn't, and I'll be eating a light meal the night before and two bananas about 30 minutes before the fitness test. The fitness test affects my promotion points. The medical checkup can be rescheduled, and me messing it up by not being fasted may at worst result in an ass chewing. Priorities...

Good luck on your fitness test!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-03-2016, 04:22 PM
4 day weekend, so excited. Going to find some new places to run with my fiance, and some new restaurants too! I have been off and on with workouts this week, mainly because I'm tired. I have been having some great runs, but just have taken a few days off here and there. Back to it tomorrow! Hope you are all still kickin it. Wink

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
24-03-2016, 04:23 PM
(23-03-2016 09:37 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I've gained 20 pounds of delicious fast food since separating a few ribs 5 and a half(?) months ago. Can't wait to start riding to work... Been stuck on this stationary bike in front of my PC for too long (and not long enough, I guess)

separated ribs? what happened? Gasp

24-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Hope you are okay, Cosmos Hug
24-03-2016, 08:02 PM
One hour yoga, 30 minutes abs.
24-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Another snow dumpage today, thought this time it had melted for the year. And I saw some geese coming back a couple days ago too. Sucks to be them.

I'm just griping because I like to spend some time before fitness tests fine tuning my pace. Snow and ice, though it can certainly be run on, nonetheless complicates the micromanaging of one's times Tongue

Meh, first world problems...

'Murican Canadian
24-03-2016, 11:28 PM
Yes, running on ice...why, don't they call that ...skating? Big Grin

25-03-2016, 06:27 PM
(24-03-2016 04:23 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 09:37 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I've gained 20 pounds of delicious fast food since separating a few ribs 5 and a half(?) months ago. Can't wait to start riding to work... Been stuck on this stationary bike in front of my PC for too long (and not long enough, I guess)

separated ribs? what happened? Gasp

I thought it would be safe to rest my knees on my chest when I was doing leg press... But since my core relaxed, my oblique abdominals kinda folded under my lower left ribs (I think?), and when I pushed... The abs flexed and popped my ribs out. Anyway... It sucked big time.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-03-2016, 06:29 PM
(25-03-2016 06:27 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 04:23 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  separated ribs? what happened? Gasp

I thought it would be safe to rest my knees on my chest when I was doing leg press... But since my core relaxed, my oblique abdominals kinda folded under my lower left ribs (I think?), and when I pushed... The abs flexed and popped my ribs out. Anyway... It sucked big time.

Oh man, I hope u r doing better now. Sounds very painful.
25-03-2016, 06:31 PM
(25-03-2016 06:27 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 04:23 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  separated ribs? what happened? Gasp

Yeah...that happened to me once too. I feel your pain. Sad

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson