Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-03-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(25-03-2016 06:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:27 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I thought it would be safe to rest my knees on my chest when I was doing leg press... But since my core relaxed, my oblique abdominals kinda folded under my lower left ribs (I think?), and when I pushed... The abs flexed and popped my ribs out. Anyway... It sucked big time.

Oh man, I hope u r doing better now. Sounds very painful.

Yeah it took two months or so... I had to sleep on my right side. Had to roll off the bed, because I couldn't do a sit-up. Sneezing was about the worst thing in the world. And even though I've recovered, the fear of it happening again shows up every so often. Just glad I avoided cold and flu in that time... Would have been brutal
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2016, 07:10 AM
(25-03-2016 09:53 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 06:29 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh man, I hope u r doing better now. Sounds very painful.

Yeah it took two months or so... I had to sleep on my right side. Had to roll off the bed, because I couldn't do a sit-up. Sneezing was about the worst thing in the world. And even though I've recovered, the fear of it happening again shows up every so often. Just glad I avoided cold and flu in that time... Would have been brutal

Good, I'm glad u r doing much better now Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
01-04-2016, 10:52 AM
There's nothing like attempting HIIT on the StairMaster to dispel any illusions that I'm in shape. Sadcryface

[Image: e8415bad49d22b02c0989be06ab6b437.jpg]

"If you can't keep up, don't step up. You'll just die."

-Riddick

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
02-04-2016, 02:51 PM
(01-04-2016 10:52 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  There's nothing like attempting HIIT on the StairMaster to dispel any illusions that I'm in shape. Sadcryface

That is no joke. The stair and rowing machines are my archenemies. I get about 45 seconds into an endurance session on either before I begin reevaluating my fitness goals.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
[+] 1 user Likes StrangestTribe's post
02-04-2016, 04:51 PM
CoB's Fitness Reboot Plan

It's been a looong time (years) since I've worked out as consistently as I wanted to. It started with a shoulder injury. After I got that rehabbed, I went too low on the leg press machine and felt a rib pop. I tried to get started back up a few times, but was a member at a "gym" (Anytime Fitness) that had limited equipment so I could never do the workout I planned.

Anyway, I'm injury free at the moment and have a membership at a gym that's kind of dated but has the right equipment and I've scaled back work A LOT so no more excuses.

Here's my plan to get back in the game. I just completed the first week, and I think it's going to work out (pun intended Tongue ).

Weights: Three day split

1) Chest, triceps and calves
2) Back, biceps and abs
3) Legs and shoulders

Cardio: 2 days HIIT (rower and StairMaster). 30 seconds on, 4 min rest. 4 cycles.

With the weights, I checked my ego at the door and started off embarrassingly light for several reasons. I wanted to be able to complete the workout and not run out of gas because I did too much on the first set, give myself plenty of room for easy and consistent progress and in the case of squats and deadlifts, work on the movement and fix any structural issues from too much sitting. It was soooo hard squatting with just the bar. I really wanted to throw on a couple of plates and try to show off for the girl doing hip thrusts, but I held myself back and stuck to the plan. Blush Laugh out load

I picked the rower and StairMaster for cardio because the movements mimic weight training more than running (for example) and because they're both intense and low impact. At two days per week and four cycles, there is plenty of room to scale up here too by adding an additional day, increasing the intensity as my system can handle it, increasing the number of cycles and tacking on a little steady state cardio after.

Wish me luck! Flex

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM
(02-04-2016 04:51 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  CoB's Fitness Reboot Plan

It's been a looong time (years) since I've worked out as consistently as I wanted to. It started with a shoulder injury. After I got that rehabbed, I went too low on the leg press machine and felt a rib pop. I tried to get started back up a few times, but was a member at a "gym" (Anytime Fitness) that had limited equipment so I could never do the workout I planned.

Anyway, I'm injury free at the moment and have a membership at a gym that's kind of dated but has the right equipment and I've scaled back work A LOT so no more excuses.

Here's my plan to get back in the game. I just completed the first week, and I think it's going to work out (pun intended Tongue ).

2) Back, biceps and abs
3) Legs and shoulders

Cardio: 2 days HIIT (rower and StairMaster). 30 seconds on, 4 min rest. 4 cycles.

With the weights, I checked my ego at the door and started off embarrassingly light for several reasons. I wanted to be able to complete the workout and not run out of gas because I did too much on the first set, give myself plenty of room for easy and consistent progress and in the case of squats and deadlifts, work on the movement and fix any structural issues from too much sitting. It was soooo hard squatting with just the bar. I really wanted to throw on a couple of plates and try to show off for the girl doing hip thrusts, but I held myself back and stuck to the plan. Blush Laugh out load

I picked the rower and StairMaster for cardio because the movements mimic weight training more than running (for example) and because they're both intense and low impact. At two days per week and four cycles, there is plenty of room to scale up here too by adding an additional day, increasing the intensity as my system can handle it, increasing the number of cycles and tacking on a little steady state cardio after.

Wish me luck! Flex

Good luck! Looks like you're off to a good start Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM
(02-04-2016 04:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 04:51 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  CoB's Fitness Reboot Plan

2) Back, biceps and abs
3) Legs and shoulders

Wish me luck! Flex

Good luck! Looks like you're off to a good start Smile

Thanks!

-Rowan Atkinson
02-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Also from your pic in the vag n balls thread, you already appear to be in good shape, so I guess you are aiming for Jason Statham Big Grin

02-04-2016, 05:06 PM
(02-04-2016 05:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Also from your pic in the vag n balls thread, you already appear to be in good shape, so I guess you are aiming for Jason Statham Big Grin

Exactly. Jason Statham it is! Big Grin

Although an outsider reading this might get the wrong idea of what kind of pic you're talking about... "vag n balls thread" Shocking Laugh out load

-Rowan Atkinson
02-04-2016, 05:25 PM
(02-04-2016 05:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 05:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Also from your pic in the vag n balls thread, you already appear to be in good shape, so I guess you are aiming for Jason Statham Big Grin

Exactly. Jason Statham it is! Big Grin

Although an outsider reading this might get the wrong idea of what kind of pic you're talking about... "vag n balls thread" Shocking Laugh out load

Laugh out load