Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-04-2016, 11:55 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(08-04-2016 11:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 11:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  I got flu HoboHoboHobo

Grr! Fortunately it seems to be clearing up but I'm gonna miss a few days training. FUCK Angry

I'm sick too Sad hope u feel better soon, md!

Sorry you're sick Undecided Hope you get better soon too Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Jenny if you're around I need yoga advice Tongue

I've found a few books and DVDs based on the advice of others that I'll order in the not so distant future, but for now I've only got about one short month left until the beginning of a few weeks of torture in the mountains. I'm just looking to take it easy until then. Tone down the intensity of my workouts, but without messing with my routine too much.

If I were to just hit up a website or watch a YouTube video to get started with the basics and give me a casual introduction over the next few weeks, do you have any suggestions? I know the order in which you do things has a specific purpose in mind so I don't wanna just Google a few poses and start guessing, nor do I want to dive into it full speed ahead and start ordering long term programs (yet).

'Murican Canadian
18-04-2016, 07:06 AM
[Image: ZW6xlhNh.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
18-04-2016, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2016 12:10 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
Added kicks/punches/elbow strikes to my workout routine. Very satisfying. Becoming more flexible would help for the kicks, though.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
18-04-2016, 12:23 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new gym! Hobbit loves the kids care center too! I call this endeavor a success.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
03-05-2016, 04:03 PM
(16-04-2016 06:17 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Jenny if you're around I need yoga advice Tongue

I've found a few books and DVDs based on the advice of others that I'll order in the not so distant future, but for now I've only got about one short month left until the beginning of a few weeks of torture in the mountains. I'm just looking to take it easy until then. Tone down the intensity of my workouts, but without messing with my routine too much.

If I were to just hit up a website or watch a YouTube video to get started with the basics and give me a casual introduction over the next few weeks, do you have any suggestions? I know the order in which you do things has a specific purpose in mind so I don't wanna just Google a few poses and start guessing, nor do I want to dive into it full speed ahead and start ordering long term programs (yet).

I use yogaglo when I'm not at the studio. It's a website that has live yoga classes (they do it out of a studio in Santa Monica, CA). It's like you are actually in the studio with the way it is filmed They have all different levels including beginner classes and classes specific to whatever it is you are looking to accomplish. It's like 18 bucks a month.

If you want a dvd, since you are athletic, I would recommend a yoga for athletes dvd such as Rodney Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes. It's like 15 bucks on amazon. If you wear the yoga shorts, I''m expecting a pic Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-05-2016, 04:11 PM
I also like this lady on youtube. She's a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher). While you don't have to be certified to teach yoga, I only recommend doing videos on you tube or elsewhere with someone who has been trained properly to teach you and is a RYT or you could really hurt yourself.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
03-05-2016, 04:12 PM
(18-04-2016 12:06 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Added kicks/punches/elbow strikes to my workout routine. Very satisfying. Becoming more flexible would help for the kicks, though.

I used to beat the hell out of my heavy bag after a workout, just to exhaust myself... Now, with my nerve disorder, any explosive movements tend to cause painful cramping... I even tried sprinting a couple years ago, but immediately cramped. So I'm stuck with weights and cardio. Dodgy
03-05-2016, 05:11 PM
On a side note, I will soon be launching my own yoga youtube channel and I'm a RYT. It's temporarily on hold for obvious reasons--I just can't really concentrate on anything right now. Anyway, if you're still interested in yoga when you get back from your training, let me know and I'll send you the link once I have everything up and running.

03-05-2016, 06:19 PM
(03-05-2016 05:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  On a side note, I will soon be launching my own yoga youtube channel and I'm a RYT. It's temporarily on hold for obvious reasons--I just can't really concentrate on anything right now. Anyway, if you're still interested in yoga when you get back from your training, let me know and I'll send you the link once I have everything up and running.
When you get it ready, I'll share it. I have a friend who would watch it, too.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post