Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-12-2014, 07:30 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Ah I get it now. Big Grin Thank you for the link Deidre! It sounds interesting, I think I have considered something of this sort, although I didn't think it had a name. Lol

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2015, 04:47 PM
I ran 3 miles this morning. The marathon is this Sunday so my runs will all be low mileage this week with nothing on Friday or Saturday. I managed to keep up most of my running while traveling over the holidays, but I did take about 2 more days off than I would have if I had been home. I'm really looking forward to Sunday now. Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
06-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Last month or so I decided to give up walking while away from home. I run to my car..
Run to my desk
Run every time I leave my desk (which is usually to the other end of the dock. I work at a freight company)
I run about 2/3 km to get lunch, and another 2/3 km back

All of this is done in steel toe boots, and is usually about 3.5 km a day. In those short bursts it feels efficient. Not at all tiring, and much faster than walking. Plus it makes me look like a super awesome busy employee.

Then I run 5 km three times a week, followed by an hour of indoor biking cause it's like -15 outside, and anything above 15 km/h feels bad man, like amputated fingers bad. (If that temperature sounds ridiculous, you're probably American)

And I'd still prefer a sit/stand desk... For some reason I cant stop moving my legs while at work.
11-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Zumba! I try to do 20-30 mins a day (I don't have time for a full hour routine), but it is the only exercise that I don't find excessively boring. But I do have a terrible ankle issue which causes me to have to take a week off every once in a while...which usually leads to a month off...or a few. Habits are hard to gain back again!
11-01-2015, 11:18 AM
For the last two months I’ve been lifting almost everyday. I got out of the habit and I was bored in the gym. Now I take my smart phone with me and chat with guys in between sets, it makes the workout go faster and I don’t mind it at all.

Cool thing is my wife is very happy with the new muscles Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-01-2015, 12:32 PM
(11-01-2015 10:57 AM)historyhistory Wrote:  Zumba! I try to do 20-30 mins a day (I don't have time for a full hour routine), but it is the only exercise that I don't find excessively boring. But I do have a terrible ankle issue which causes me to have to take a week off every once in a while...which usually leads to a month off...or a few. Habits are hard to gain back again!

That is one thing I noticed right away. If you take more than a few days off, it becomes significantly less likely that you'll get back into it.

Of course now, with my cyclical nerve issues, I take every chance I get to be active, because at any moment I can become a disabled, cramping, twitchy mess for months at a time.
12-01-2015, 09:29 AM
I ran the marathon yesterday and finished in 4:00:44. So I did not beat my last year's time of 3:59:24, but I was only a minute and 20 seconds slower. I'm still happy with my time because it could have been much worse. I went out too fast and held a 8:48/mile pace for the first 17 miles. Then everything fell apart and I was so out of energy I didn't know if I would be able to finish at all. But I kept pushing on. I had to walk several times before the end and I started to think my time would end up well above 4 hours because of the walking. So I can live with just 44 seconds above. Smile It was only my second marathon so I'll chalk this one up to learning. Today, I'm also fighting a cold so I have to wonder if that factored into the drop in energy. Anyway, after the calf pull last summer, I was just happy to be there at all and to finish. I had a blast and that, of course, is what's most important.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
12-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Been reading some of the posts. I don't know how you people do all this running. I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails. As a matter of fact, I'd walk 10 miles before I'd run just one mile. Running is just not my thing and never was, but anyway, happy running to all of you.

I'll stick with my three hour ballet classes and yoga, long walks up a nearby steep hill and bike riding to the store for groceries with my dorky bike basket.

Carry on.....

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-01-2015, 03:32 PM
(12-01-2015 10:10 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'll stick with my three hour ballet classes and yoga, long walks up a nearby steep hill and bike riding to the store for groceries with my dorky bike basket.

You sound pretty fit Smile Holy %^#$^%$ ??? 3 hour ballet. I think I'd die...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-01-2015, 04:14 PM
So I am speeding up my punches and kicks and learning some capoeira takedowns.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post