Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-05-2016, 10:07 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(04-05-2016 09:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  There's a Planet Fitness coming to my area. Does anyone have any experience with it? Good/bad? I've lost 15 pounds recently, and I'd like to get back into shape.

I've heard they'll label people if they show off. I don't, but Jigsaw and I put on muscle fast. I'm concerned they'll think we're lunks.

Must have a lot of empty room to fit a whole planet.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
04-05-2016, 10:20 PM
(04-05-2016 09:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  There's a Planet Fitness coming to my area. Does anyone have any experience with it? Good/bad? I've lost 15 pounds recently, and I'd like to get back into shape.

I've heard they'll label people if they show off. I don't, but Jigsaw and I put on muscle fast. I'm concerned they'll think we're lunks.

Wow fifteen pounds! Awesome! I don't know too much about Planet Fitness. But maybe they have a guest pass or something so you could try it out for a bit first to see if you like it.
04-05-2016, 10:24 PM
(04-05-2016 10:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

I don't know too much about Planet Fitness.

Isn't that your home planet? Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
04-05-2016, 10:46 PM
(04-05-2016 10:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I don't know too much about Planet Fitness.

Isn't that your home planet? Tongue

Laugh out load no it's planet yoga Tongue
04-05-2016, 10:54 PM
(04-05-2016 10:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Isn't that your home planet? Tongue

Laugh out load no it's planet yoga Tongue

Oh! Sorry I get the two mixed up

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
04-05-2016, 10:59 PM
(04-05-2016 10:54 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Laugh out load no it's planet yoga Tongue

Oh! Sorry I get the two mixed up

Tongue
04-05-2016, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 11:11 PM by Can_of_Beans.)

I'm only familiar with Planet Fatness by reputation. Free bagels and pizza and a ban on actually working out. You're only allowed to get dressed up and go through the motions. If you work to hard or, God forbid, try to deadlift, you get kicked out.

[Image: 2d6a342b0f2065a484ec032a33674f63.jpg]

[Image: 8cf3521e8f7a7ca111f90f4903c41345.jpg]

[Image: 5661f52fc35e3caa0c305c7e9d53a21a.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
05-05-2016, 08:35 AM
(04-05-2016 11:07 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  

I'm only familiar with Planet Fatness by reputation. Free bagels and pizza and a ban on actually working out. You're only allowed to get dressed up and go through the motions. If you work to hard or, God forbid, try to deadlift, you get kicked out.

[Image: 2d6a342b0f2065a484ec032a33674f63.jpg]

[Image: 8cf3521e8f7a7ca111f90f4903c41345.jpg]

[Image: 5661f52fc35e3caa0c305c7e9d53a21a.jpg]

Yeah, pretty much my take on them. Don't get me wrong, they have their place. If someone just wants to go work up a little sweat, take a few Facebook "omg I can exercising" selfies, chat with friends, snack, and watch TV while walking at a brisk pace on a treadmill whose completely scientifically valid calorie counter assures you that you're actually accomplishing something, which I presume is a perfect fit for the vast majority whether they realize it or not, then yeah they're great. If you've got a fitness related goal and a desire to reach that goal, however, and don't mind the prospect of perceiving to be judged by a bunch of people actually working out, then I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
05-05-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm not much for gyms myself even though I used to work in one. I think it's much better to find an activity that you enjoy and go do that. For example, if it's snowboarding--go do that and then do conditioning activities to enhance your sport. You're much more apt to stick with something you enjoy doing.
05-05-2016, 08:52 AM
(05-05-2016 08:41 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm not much for gyms myself even though I used to work in one. I think it's much better to find an activity that you enjoy and go do that. For example, if it's snowboarding--go do that and then do conditioning activities to enhance your sport. You're much more apt to stick with something you enjoy doing.

I don't currently have a gym membership. The few things that interest me are becoming harder and harder to find. A good lap pool, an indoor track for when I want to work on pace setting and there's like 8 feet of snow outside... Those are the things I can't do in my living room or the woods behind the house.

I'm personally into odd objects and improvised or homemade equipment. I have a near complete gym at my disposal composed of rocks and logs laying around or do it yourself projects I pieced together with cheap shit I found at home depot, and even all that isn't necessary for most people. The goals of the average person looking for the genetic "get in shape and perhaps add a little muscle definition" can easily be met with bodyweight exercises, random stuff everyone has in their house, and a little creativity.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post