Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-06-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
I'm in the military so our squadron does workouts 3 times a week, but in addition to that I work out every day after work. Mainly cardio, since I'm 6000ft above sea level and distance running is everyone's weakness here.

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Misenhelter's post
08-06-2016, 01:17 PM
There's quite a network of very nicely maintained bicycle roads near my new house in Gatineau that manage to weave all through Gatineau and Ottawa while remaining relatively separate from the main roads, often not even visible despite being in the middle of the city due to the way they have them going through wooded areas when possible. I take back all the mean things I ever said about yuppies. Okay not all the mean things, but some of them anyway.

[Image: 71B3ENQ.jpg]

I'm also looking forward to exploring Gatineau park and pacing out some routes for my various running / hill sprint routines.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
08-06-2016, 01:22 PM
(08-06-2016 09:59 AM)Misenhelter Wrote:  I'm in the military so our squadron does workouts 3 times a week, but in addition to that I work out every day after work. Mainly cardio, since I'm 6000ft above sea level and distance running is everyone's weakness here.

I hated running when I was active duty. I learned to enjoy it a little more once I left and running in formation was no longer part of the equation. I despise the concept of having to synchronize my pace and stay in step with whoever has the shortest legs in the formation. I think I'm in better shape now as a weekend warrior with absolute control of my own fitness objectives than I was doing it full time because I had to Smile

'Murican Canadian
08-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Today, cross fit workout for an hour, then ran sprints. Crossfit had a lot of kettlebell work today, and squats. Fast jumping squats, sigh. Tiring, but worth it. Keep up your nice work in here!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
08-06-2016, 06:26 PM
(07-06-2016 01:40 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Recently started CF. Going on my third week. So. out. of. shape.
You'll get there, one day at a time. What's your thoughts on CF?

(07-06-2016 02:26 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Picked up running again in addition to my weightlifting. Run 15-20 minutes in the morning and 15-20 minutes in the evening.

Great!! Cool

12-06-2016, 09:22 AM
(03-06-2016 03:45 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Broke up with my fiance, so not getting married. Well, not to him. lol I've been okay, this happened this week. I've been doing cross fit, and thinking of doing an event of some type this year. Happy Friday to you guys!! Heart

*hugs*

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-06-2016, 09:38 AM
(08-06-2016 06:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 01:40 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Recently started CF. Going on my third week. So. out. of. shape.
You'll get there, one day at a time. What's your thoughts on CF?

Oh, I'm loving it. Already feeling much better. I'd forgotten how much exercise can improve my mood and my ability to deal with stress. I really like seeing the physical changes in my body as well.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
12-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Cross fit today for about 45 minutes, the a casual walk...and it rained, but sometimes, you have to walk in the rain. It feels good. Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
13-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Did Krav Maga and yoga this weekend. Played a lil tennis. Hiked Saturday--it was freakin' hot! Going for a run today, also some yoga, gotta burn off all that vegan birthday cake Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Did CrossFit in an oven yesterday. It was approaching 100 out with humidity around 80-85%. The fans in the gym can only do so much. Dammit it was hot.

Hopefully won't be so hot today.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post