Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-06-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
good luck. the gym doesnt sound fun to me at all. i find it hard to exert myself unless im getting paid. luckily i have a job with manual labor, so im not a total fat slob. lack of motivation is my worst trait, i think.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2016, 08:24 PM
It can be hard to start if you haven't worked out ever, or in a while. But, it's healthy...so, better to put the effort and time in at the gym, than at the doctor down the road. Just my thoughts to it, anyways.

That said, didn't work out the past two days. Been super busy, and somewhat tired. Life's been pretty good though, hopefully this week will be a good one.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
21-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Took a Zumba class today. Did 90 minutes of yoga, had fun in forearm stand Big Grin Tired now and want food Tongue I still need to clean my house blah. But I've started using cleaning as a workout. I crank music and dance around like a crazy person and clean. You really can burn a lot of calories that way and get a clean house in the process. Yes Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
25-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Did CF today....OUTSIDE...heat was crazy hot. But, wow whatta workout!! I almost threw up though from the heat Sad

Then, had a blueberry protein shake that she made for me at my house, which made everything all better Big Grin

25-06-2016, 03:49 PM
In the Grand Canyon so I've been hicking all over. I'm on my phone so can't post much

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-06-2016, 04:19 PM
(25-06-2016 03:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  In the Grand Canyon so I've been hicking all over. I'm on my phone so can't post much

Sounds like a great trip!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Don't eat junk food when watching a movie, tv show, etc...eat something good for you.

Apple slices and PB or almond butter, is a far better choice Yes

But, only two teaspoons of PB, because PB can pack on the calories if you are too liberal with your portions.

[Image: Apple-and-Peanut-Butter.jpg]

26-06-2016, 10:55 AM
(14-06-2016 09:59 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  good luck. the gym doesnt sound fun to me at all. i find it hard to exert myself unless im getting paid. luckily i have a job with manual labor, so im not a total fat slob. lack of motivation is my worst trait, i think.

Manual labor looks tough to me, I'm in an a/c office all day, Monday through Friday, so I'm aching to run, do cross fit, etc. I would recommend though if you are interested in doing some form of exercise, to just find something you enjoy...a sport of some kind even. That'll make you stick with it, if you dislike the gym. Cool

26-06-2016, 10:57 AM
(26-06-2016 10:53 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Don't eat junk food when watching a movie, tv show, etc...eat something good for you.

But, only two teaspoons of PB, because PB can pack on the calories if you are too liberal with your portions.

Great idea Smile I also like pistachio nuts because they take time to open with the shell. They're also lightly salted so I kind of feel like I'm having a treat while I'm watching a movie. But I do also like Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups once in awhile for a splurge movie treat Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-06-2016, 03:31 PM
(26-06-2016 10:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 10:53 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Don't eat junk food when watching a movie, tv show, etc...eat something good for you.

Great idea Smile I also like pistachio nuts because they take time to open with the shell. They're also lightly salted so I kind of feel like I'm having a treat while I'm watching a movie. But I do also like Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups once in awhile for a splurge movie treat Big Grin

mmmm Pistachio nuts, yum!! Have never had dark chocolate peanut butter cups. They sound amazing Big Grin

So, I had a great workout today. I'm doing this CF routine with a friend, and today, we sprinted, then stopped...did push ups, then burpees. Then, we did squats and shoulder raises, then sprinted again. (This was done at her house, she has a home gym, and we sprinted outdoors) Then, we did more push ups, then more burpees, then, lunges...and one more sprint session. Lasted about 45 minutes in total.

Sweat everywhere! Flex

What did you all do today?? Drinking Beverage