Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-06-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(26-06-2016 03:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 10:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Great idea Smile I also like pistachio nuts because they take time to open with the shell. They're also lightly salted so I kind of feel like I'm having a treat while I'm watching a movie. But I do also like Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups once in awhile for a splurge movie treat Big Grin

mmmm Pistachio nuts, yum!! Have never had dark chocolate peanut butter cups. They sound amazing Big Grin

So, I had a great workout today. I'm doing this CF routine with a friend, and today, we sprinted, then stopped...did push ups, then burpees. Then, we did squats and shoulder raises, then sprinted again. (This was done at her house, she has a home gym, and we sprinted outdoors) Then, we did more push ups, then more burpees, then, lunges...and one more sprint session. Lasted about 45 minutes in total.

Sweat everywhere! Flex

What did you all do today?? Drinking Beverage

Sounds like a nice day! Smile

I did 90 minutes of yoga, binge watching Game of Thrones now Wink and going to run some errands in a bit and grab a veggie burger with some friends for dinner.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-06-2016, 04:03 PM
(26-06-2016 03:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 03:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  mmmm Pistachio nuts, yum!! Have never had dark chocolate peanut butter cups. They sound amazing Big Grin

So, I had a great workout today. I'm doing this CF routine with a friend, and today, we sprinted, then stopped...did push ups, then burpees. Then, we did squats and shoulder raises, then sprinted again. (This was done at her house, she has a home gym, and we sprinted outdoors) Then, we did more push ups, then more burpees, then, lunges...and one more sprint session. Lasted about 45 minutes in total.

Sweat everywhere! Flex

What did you all do today?? Drinking Beverage

Sounds like a nice day! Smile

I did 90 minutes of yoga, binge watching Game of Thrones now Wink and going to run some errands in a bit and grab a veggie burger with some friends for dinner.

yoga is hard! No one believes me when I tell them. lol 90 minutes is VERY hard Big Grin

I'm jelly that you're bingewatching GoT, because I meant to do that this weekend and it didn't happen. Tonight's the finale, and I wanted to be prepared for it. Weeping

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
26-06-2016, 04:27 PM
(26-06-2016 04:03 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 03:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sounds like a nice day! Smile

yoga is hard! No one believes me when I tell them. lol 90 minutes is VERY hard Big Grin

I'm jelly that you're bingewatching GoT, because I meant to do that this weekend and it didn't happen. Tonight's the finale, and I wanted to be prepared for it. Weeping

Yoga can be hard--especially if you work at the intermediate and advanced level like I like to do. Lots of arm balances and using your own body weight.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-06-2016, 06:12 AM
(26-06-2016 10:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 10:53 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Don't eat junk food when watching a movie, tv show, etc...eat something good for you.

Apple slices and PB or almond butter, is a far better choice Yes

But, only two teaspoons of PB, because PB can pack on the calories if you are too liberal with your portions.

[Image: Apple-and-Peanut-Butter.jpg]
Great idea Smile I also like pistachio nuts because they take time to open with the shell. They're also lightly salted so I kind of feel like I'm having a treat while I'm watching a movie. But I do also like Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups once in awhile for a splurge movie treat Big Grin

I love those peanut butter cups......

I love the Maple Almond butter as well Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
28-06-2016, 07:19 AM
(28-06-2016 06:12 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 10:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Great idea Smile I also like pistachio nuts because they take time to open with the shell. They're also lightly salted so I kind of feel like I'm having a treat while I'm watching a movie. But I do also like Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups once in awhile for a splurge movie treat Big Grin

I love those peanut butter cups......

I love the Maple Almond butter as well Thumbsup

Yum! Justin's peanut butter is amazing too!

28-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Today, CF workout and then played volley ball for a little while, the guy I'm ''seeing'' and I went up there together. It was a blast! Love sweating outdoors, I always feel like my workouts are better when done outdoors, so going to continue doing CF stuff at my friend's house, in her garage, because just think there's a marked difference between working out in the gym as opposed to outdoors. I like feeling totally spent after a workout, outside Big Grin

01-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Happy almost 4th of July to my friends here from the states!

Had an insane CF workout today, OMG.

Here's how it went...did this at a friend's house, in her garage...unreal how different it is to work out outdoors than inside an a/c gym!

Ready, set...go!

1 set of 15 push ups
1 set of kettlebell squats, 15 reps
1 set of deadlifts, 15 reps
1 set of bicep curls, 15 reps
1 set of OH press using dumb bells, 15 reps
* Run for 3/4 mile

Repeat the above 4 to 6 times (so 4 to 6 sets of each exercise, and 4 to 6 runs) But, do the run in intervals after your first round of exercises.

If you're a beginner you can totally do this, just use a light weight for all exercises, and run 1/2 mile

*Run should be at a fast pace, not slow jog

Awesome workout, now time to eat! Craving protein and veggies!

[Image: 8bdf45248c6c738fea3af5ea7cf66a7d.jpg]

17-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Going to do some rock (wall) climbing today Smile

I haven't been sleeping well at all since Nishi. Sad My energy level has been meh. I'm trying to teach yoga classes while zzzzzzzzzzz Sleepy Hopefully the rock wall will tire me out so I can get my energy (and sleep pattern) back on track Thumbsup

23-07-2016, 07:42 PM
The trail I've been running seems to have a firefly infestation after dark. It's like star wars on foot, except if you're not careful you can accidentally inhale the stars Tongue

'Murican Canadian
23-07-2016, 10:56 PM
(17-07-2016 11:37 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Going to do some rock (wall) climbing today Smile

I haven't been sleeping well at all since Nishi. Sad My energy level has been meh. I'm trying to teach yoga classes while zzzzzzzzzzz Sleepy Hopefully the rock wall will tire me out so I can get my energy (and sleep pattern) back on track Thumbsup

So you're teaching a yoga class? Do you have your own studio? A while back you were talking about getting a youtube class going, is that still in the works? It's going to be hard when you get the baby to keep things going. The first 4 or 5 months they consume your time day and night but after a while you'll be able to get into a nice routine going with the baby. I'm thrilled for you!

I've been designing and sewing costumes for Jesus Christ Superstar so I've been too busy with that to go to ballet or yoga. Grrr. It opened two days ago so now I can get back to my exercises. Yeah!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post