Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-09-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(03-09-2016 07:25 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 03:39 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Thanks Deidre! Smile Just popping in to say hi to everyone! *waves*

I miss you, bae. Heart

I heard you are thinking of adopting a baby, that's SO damn awesome. You will make a wonderful mother, I know it. Please keep us posted. Yes Hug

Well, I did not work out today. lol Drinking a red apple ale beer right now, and waiting for my bf to come over. He's working odd hours this Labor Day weekend. Here's to a nice long weekend!

AWww thanks Heart Miss you too! *hugs*

I saw your earlier post about your new man. He sounds wonderful, so happy for you!

Yer beer sounds yum Tongue Cheers to a nice weekend!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-09-2016, 11:05 PM
(28-08-2016 02:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Training for grip strength is painful to me. Farmers walks come to mind.

One of the best exercises ever. Hits every muscle.

This is 385 lbs in each hand. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-09-2016, 05:31 PM
(03-09-2016 11:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-08-2016 02:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Training for grip strength is painful to me. Farmers walks come to mind.

One of the best exercises ever. Hits every muscle.

OMG, how in the world is he doing that????!! GaspUnsure

Be true to yourself. Heart
04-09-2016, 05:32 PM
(03-09-2016 09:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 06:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hi Jennybee!

[Image: latest?cb=20110913021727]

How's every little ol thing? Are you still thinking of adopting a baby? Are you still thinking of doing an online yoga class? If so, sign me up! Keep in touch sweety. Heart

Too cute Laugh out load

Everything's good--just busy! Yes, baby will be here soon. Still planning on doing yoga online thing, have been so busy with baby things, wedding schtuff, and a new business venture, so the online yoga's been on the back burner. Still planning on doing it though. Smile

are you getting married, too? This thread tells all. Big Grin

04-09-2016, 05:59 PM
(04-09-2016 05:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(03-09-2016 11:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  One of the best exercises ever. Hits every muscle.

OMG, how in the world is he doing that????!! GaspUnsure

He isn't really all that big, either! I could lift about 60 pounds less than one of those with both hands, but the stuff I lifted was lacking in decent handles. Strong man. They are out there. I've seen them in competition, lifting a 420-pound rock and putting it on a pedestal. Crazy.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
05-09-2016, 12:39 PM
I should go for a run, I should go for a run, I should......

I'm figuring out how Nike came up with their slogan. Unsure

05-09-2016, 01:16 PM
(05-09-2016 12:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I should go for a run, I should go for a run, I should......

I'm figuring out how Nike came up with their slogan. Unsure

They realize that buying the shoes is easier than using them, by which point their objective has already been fulfilled Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
05-09-2016, 01:30 PM
(04-09-2016 05:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 05:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  OMG, how in the world is he doing that????!! GaspUnsure

He isn't really all that big, either! I could lift about 60 pounds less than one of those with both hands, but the stuff I lifted was lacking in decent handles. Strong man. They are out there. I've seen them in competition, lifting a 420-pound rock and putting it on a pedestal. Crazy.

You could probably make up the 60 lbs with a trap bar deadlift and straps. And you won't risk blowing out your back. I don't do standard deadlift anymore because I blew my back out once. I never got past 405 with a trap bar deadlift. Wanted to make 500 by 50. Didn't happen. Weeping

#sigh
05-09-2016, 02:53 PM
(05-09-2016 01:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 05:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  He isn't really all that big, either! I could lift about 60 pounds less than one of those with both hands, but the stuff I lifted was lacking in decent handles. Strong man. They are out there. I've seen them in competition, lifting a 420-pound rock and putting it on a pedestal. Crazy.

You could probably make up the 60 lbs with a trap bar deadlift and straps. And you won't risk blowing out your back. I don't do standard deadlift anymore because I blew my back out once. I never got past 405 with a trap bar deadlift. Wanted to make 500 by 50. Didn't happen. Weeping

At the tender age of 63, I'm not going to attempt it.
05-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Ok so 7 years ago when I lost my mother, I fell into a bit of a hole. Long story short, there was a lot of unresolved issues left behind that took quite a while to sort out. Back then I was about,

21 stone or 294 lb or about 133kg.

I decided ( after coming from a long line of amatuer athletes ) It was time to get back into the game so I took up running. I've never been a runner, hated it in fact. Dumbells and weight training was my love before my life hit the fan.

Cut out the crap, the alcohol , the junk food the lot.

As I type I'm coming in at,

15.7 stone / 219 lb or 99kg

For the past 6 months I've been running every morning on and off but from the start of this month I've been knuckling down and getting it done. Listening to youtube shows etc on my phone while I run. Luckily I live in a nice town so my run is a joy.

BUT!

I've about a stone to go / 14 lb /6kg before I hit a weight I feel comfortable with, but for the life of me I can't break through the barrier.

Any of you fine people have any pro tips on how to crank it back up or am I just paying the price for my inconsistency.

Was thinking about posting my progress as a way to help me settle into my new forum but don't know if it'll be worth while.
[+] 1 user Likes Coffee and TV's post