Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-09-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Didn't work out. Slept in...but going right now to do my own thing. Happy weekend! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Took my bike out for a ride for the last time on a public road, solo. Some smart ass sideswiped me and didn't stop. Angry I was in the bike lane and almost stopped, or I would have gone ass over tea kettle. I'm usually going at least 15 MPH in that stretch. Didn't get hurt, and didn't get the license plate info either. Time to get a bike rack and go to the park.
17-09-2016, 02:27 PM
(17-09-2016 02:11 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Took my bike out for a ride for the last time on a public road, solo. Some smart ass sideswiped me and didn't stop. Angry I was in the bike lane and almost stopped, or I would have gone ass over tea kettle. I'm usually going at least 15 MPH in that stretch. Didn't get hurt, and didn't get the license plate info either. Time to get a bike rack and go to the park.

what??? that's awful, but glad you are okay. I was clipped by a car mirror once when running, and it amazes me that people just don't care. There's no way you can't see a runner or a cyclist when you're driving Angry

Stay safe. Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
17-09-2016, 02:32 PM
(17-09-2016 02:11 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Took my bike out for a ride for the last time on a public road, solo. Some smart ass sideswiped me and didn't stop. Angry I was in the bike lane and almost stopped, or I would have gone ass over tea kettle. I'm usually going at least 15 MPH in that stretch. Didn't get hurt, and didn't get the license plate info either. Time to get a bike rack and go to the park.

Wow, that's scary. I ride my bike a lot but in some places I go on the sidewalk. Blush If I see people walking on the sidewalk I get off. I'm not trying to go fast, I'm just going to the store to pick up a few groceries or run a few errands nearby. I live in Portland Oregon, better known as Biketown.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-09-2016, 03:58 PM
(17-09-2016 02:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  

what??? that's awful, but glad you are okay. I was clipped by a car mirror once when running, and it amazes me that people just don't care. There's no way you can't see a runner or a cyclist when you're driving Angry

Stay safe. Sadcryface

That was a pretty close call. Yes, some people don't care, and some people do it on purpose.

In broad daylight, wearing a brilliant orange and green reflective vest, there's no way I wasn't seen. Since I was up against the curb, it means that that person had to go into the bike lane. I'd file a report, but without even a partial plate, what good would it do?

Last Saturday, I was in the left turn lane getting ready to make my last turn to go home, and some jackass pulled up behind me and blew his horn. Then he went back into the #1 lane and took off. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-09-2016, 05:16 PM
(17-09-2016 03:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 02:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  what??? that's awful, but glad you are okay. I was clipped by a car mirror once when running, and it amazes me that people just don't care. There's no way you can't see a runner or a cyclist when you're driving Angry

Stay safe. Sadcryface

That was a pretty close call. Yes, some people don't care, and some people do it on purpose.

In broad daylight, wearing a brilliant orange and green reflective vest, there's no way I wasn't seen. Since I was up against the curb, it means that that person had to go into the bike lane. I'd file a report, but without even a partial plate, what good would it do?

Last Saturday, I was in the left turn lane getting ready to make my last turn to go home, and some jackass pulled up behind me and blew his horn. Then he went back into the #1 lane and took off. Dodgy

It's honestly really too dangerous anymore to go in those bike lanes alongside traffic, me thinks. I'd rather just find a good secluded trail or a nature trail that is paved, and if I want to bike, I'll go there. I don't bike much anymore. But, even running has become the same thing. On sidewalks, I've been clipped by cyclists (they're not supposed to be on the sidewalks lol) so... Rolleyes

17-09-2016, 06:11 PM
(17-09-2016 05:16 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 03:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  That was a pretty close call. Yes, some people don't care, and some people do it on purpose.

It's honestly really too dangerous anymore to go in those bike lanes alongside traffic, me thinks. I'd rather just find a good secluded trail or a nature trail that is paved, and if I want to bike, I'll go there. I don't bike much anymore. But, even running has become the same thing. On sidewalks, I've been clipped by cyclists (they're not supposed to be on the sidewalks lol) so... Rolleyes

Laugh out load We go on the side walks to get away from the crazy motorists! If I do go on the sidewalk, I yield to pedestrians. I was riding the street to the bike path when I got clipped. As a side note, between my house and the bike path, I observed two people blatantly blow through red lights. I mean a few seconds after the signal changed, not just sort of close. The first was when I was crossing the street on foot, but I could tell the driver had no intention of slowing down, so I waited to cross. I'd get a GoPro to put on my helmet, but I don't want my family watching a potential snuff flick. Got to go get a bike rack. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to the TTA forum. Since 2014 I've been focusing on my health overall. To date I have lost 90 pounds. One of my goals is to run a marathon next year. Today, my workout was a 6 mile run.
[+] 2 users Like JoshNew.0's post
17-09-2016, 08:41 PM
(17-09-2016 06:11 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 05:16 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  It's honestly really too dangerous anymore to go in those bike lanes alongside traffic, me thinks. I'd rather just find a good secluded trail or a nature trail that is paved, and if I want to bike, I'll go there. I don't bike much anymore. But, even running has become the same thing. On sidewalks, I've been clipped by cyclists (they're not supposed to be on the sidewalks lol) so... Rolleyes

Laugh out load We go on the side walks to get away from the crazy motorists! If I do go on the sidewalk, I yield to pedestrians. I was riding the street to the bike path when I got clipped. As a side note, between my house and the bike path, I observed two people blatantly blow through red lights. I mean a few seconds after the signal changed, not just sort of close. The first was when I was crossing the street on foot, but I could tell the driver had no intention of slowing down, so I waited to cross. I'd get a GoPro to put on my helmet, but I don't want my family watching a potential snuff flick. Got to go get a bike rack. Dodgy

It's so crazy how reckless people are. I don't dare cross streets around here where there are traffic lights and I have to press the button to stop the traffic. I will just take another route. Laugh out load

Yes, get a bike rack!!

17-09-2016, 10:05 PM
(17-09-2016 07:32 PM)JoshNew.0 Wrote:  Hi everyone. I'm new to the TTA forum. Since 2014 I've been focusing on my health overall. To date I have lost 90 pounds. One of my goals is to run a marathon next year. Today, my workout was a 6 mile run.

Welcome and great to hear about your progress! Nice job on the run today. Cool