Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-09-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Didn't feel well this morning, but went for a run. Feeling dehydrated, but made a protein fruit smoothie when I got back. Glad I pushed through, because my mind was begging me to go back to bed. Happy weekend, all Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
28-09-2016, 11:32 AM
My goal for the month of September is to log 100 miles running. Right now I'm sitting at 94. Those last 6 are going down tomorrow.
[+] 3 users Like JoshNew.0's post
28-09-2016, 02:40 PM
I did 24k on Tuesday. And the boys are comin' round tomorrow morning early for round two Confused I'm so screwed Sadcryface

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-09-2016, 02:54 PM
This seems like a great thread idea. I see there are 224 so I hope a lot of good info. I've been doing a basic work out for almost a year now and while I haven't lost much weight I've gained muscle and inches off my waist so I'm doing something right but I do have tummy pouch issues. I do ab stuff and as strange as this is I can see the start of the top two abs but then I have a pouch. Anyone have any specific work outs that target the lower abs and had it actually work?
[+] 1 user Likes mlmooney's post
28-09-2016, 03:05 PM
The simple answer is that spot reduction is a myth and abs aren't as prone to hypertrophy as most other muscles. A strong core is a great thing for other reasons, but the only way to get the abs to show is weight loss in general. Exactly which muscles you work does not determine where weight is lost from, so feel free to hit them all and with intensity Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
01-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Yep, the best way for abs to ''show'' is to really channel your diet in. Exercise is a part of this too, but not as big of a part as diet. Welcome to the thread, mlmooney Smile

01-10-2016, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2016 07:28 PM by Deidre32.)
Today was a very very good workout day! Worked out with my fiance (I'm engaged, yet again, hopefully this time ...I'll follow through with the actual wedding lol) and we ran at a steady pace and then added a few faster sprints (not super fast) into it. Went about 4 miles. Then, he wanted to do bear crawls (horrible), duck walks (horrible), burpees (evil), planks and some kettlebell work. Did this at his place. Good to mix things up, sometimes.

Then, I made us a protein smoothie (to make two smoothies):

3 Tablespoons of unflavored Greek Yogurt
1 cup of frozen mangos
1/2 banana
1 scoop strawberry protein powder
4 ice cubes
1/2 cup water

Blend and yum! Cool

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
01-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Hard to stay scientific and stick to my plan when I'm on a string of overnights shifts and the kids are up when I'm home. I snuck my weighted vest into the bathroom and knocked out a bunch of pushups, squats, and calf raises before I jumped in the shower.

Bringing some resistance bands to work.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-10-2016, 12:12 AM
(01-10-2016 08:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Hard to stay scientific and stick to my plan when I'm on a string of overnights shifts and the kids are up when I'm home. I snuck my weighted vest into the bathroom and knocked out a bunch of pushups, squats, and calf raises before I jumped in the shower.

That sounds like so much to handle. Undecided My fiance is a police officer and works some crazy shifts, but he stays in amazing shape, but it can be hard some weeks for him.

Why did you have to work out in the bathroom? Laugh out load

02-10-2016, 12:02 PM
(02-10-2016 12:12 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(01-10-2016 08:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Hard to stay scientific and stick to my plan when I'm on a string of overnights shifts and the kids are up when I'm home. I snuck my weighted vest into the bathroom and knocked out a bunch of pushups, squats, and calf raises before I jumped in the shower.

That sounds like so much to handle. Undecided My fiance is a police officer and works some crazy shifts, but he stays in amazing shape, but it can be hard some weeks for him.

Why did you have to work out in the bathroom? Laugh out load

Because during the daytime on a weekend (no daycare), the bathroom is the only me time available.

'Murican Canadian