Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-01-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(15-01-2015 10:36 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I haven't done a thing since the marathon. Today's the first day that I feel like I can walk normally again. Plus this darn cold is kicking my butt. I haven't had a cold in over 2 years and I think this one is trying to make up for it. Dodgy

... Cold is body telling you to take a chill for a bit - it's tired. No worries, you'll be back to rights soon enough Smile

6 am training tomorrow... eish... Hobo

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-01-2015, 04:08 PM
(15-01-2015 03:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... Cold is body telling you to take a chill for a bit - it's tired. No worries, you'll be back to rights soon enough Smile

True. Plus I've decided tomorrow I'm going to start kicking the cold's butt. Tongue

(15-01-2015 03:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  6 am training tomorrow... eish... Hobo

6 am - that's about when I normally run on the weekdays too. That's one thing about running. It made me a morning person when I never used to be. Well, enjoy your run tomorrow. Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
15-01-2015, 07:37 PM
LOL running. Never got what was fun in running. I like shadow boxing for cardio.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-01-2015, 09:48 PM
(15-01-2015 07:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  LOL running. Never got what was fun in running. I like shadow boxing for cardio.

Running isn't for everyone and that's fine. Although I also think many people never get far enough along in running to realize that it can be enjoyable for them. In the beginning, it's all work and not much fun. But once you can run a few miles, it gets easier and more enjoyable. Then, at least for me, it's an opportunity to get away from everything else, get out into the fresh air, work my muscles, listen to my playlist, see the sights, and stay healthy. And it's also about the accomplishment of running further or running faster. Finally, it's about maintaining self-discipline. But there are many ways to exercise that give similar benefits. So it's also about preference. If shadow boxing is your preference, then that's great. Keep it up! Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
15-01-2015, 09:55 PM
(15-01-2015 09:48 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 07:37 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  LOL running. Never got what was fun in running. I like shadow boxing for cardio.

Running isn't for everyone and that's fine. Although I also think many people never get far enough along in running to realize that it can be enjoyable for them. In the beginning, it's all work and not much fun. But once you can run a few miles, it gets easier and more enjoyable. Then, at least for me, it's an opportunity to get away from everything else, get out into the fresh air, work my muscles, listen to my playlist, see the sights, and stay healthy. And it's also about the accomplishment of running further or running faster. Finally, it's about maintaining self-discipline. But there are many ways to exercise that give similar benefits. So it's also about preference. If shadow boxing is your preference, then that's great. Keep it up! Smile

Fair enough, I would touch free running and parkour.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-02-2015, 02:28 AM

Run days are fun days Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin Valentine's night race tonight Smile They give you a mug...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Can't do running. Too much leg damage.

Winter - stationary bike and weights for 2 hours, every other day.

Warm weather - mt. bike on nice days, stationary and weight every other day.

Pretty consistent. Started a couple years ago - can now (2 x) curl 100 lbs 15 rep x 3.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
13-02-2015, 03:35 PM
I've taken up indoor rock climbing at my university's rec center. Climbing with a belay (rope assisted) is ok, but I find horizontal boldering (unassisted) is harder, especially around corners.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
15-02-2015, 01:38 AM
well...I'm still working out, but no longer an atheist. will you still be my friends? Wink
happy belated valentine's day to you all...

I've been getting into cross fit a lot more in the new year, I love it. not for everyone. and definitely start slow with a solid program, if you intend to try it.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
15-02-2015, 02:30 AM
(15-02-2015 01:38 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  well...I'm still working out, but no longer an atheist. will you still be my friends? Wink

Did you join the crossfit cult? Are you a believer of the crossfit? LOL Laughat

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post