Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-11-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
About two months ago, I took my diet up a notch. I've always eaten pretty healthy, organic - lots of veggies, high lean protein type of diet. But, have been reading about the benefits of adding a lot of wheat grass, green tea, and green leafy veggies to my diet. It's amazing how it cleanses your body. It makes you feel really good ...Yes

Earlier, went for a run and it was awesome. This diet has really improved my performance. Not that I wasn't eating healthy, but I wasn't eating this spot on, all the time. I'm really being strict with it, to see if there's a big difference in my endurance during workouts, and there is! It's been so cool to experiment like this! My fiance is jacked, he's a police officer, and works out a lot. He doesn't eat a lot of veggies though. lol But, I've been making him some of these dishes, and he is liking them.

How's everyone doing? I avoided Black Friday sales today like the plague! Unsure

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
25-11-2016, 06:56 PM
(25-11-2016 06:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  About two months ago, I took my diet up a notch. I've always eaten pretty healthy, organic - lots of veggies, high lean protein type of diet. But, have been reading about the benefits of adding a lot of wheat grass, green tea, and green leafy veggies to my diet. It's amazing how it cleanses your body. It makes you feel really good ...Yes

Earlier, went for a run and it was awesome. This diet has really improved my performance. Not that I wasn't eating healthy, but I wasn't eating this spot on, all the time. I'm really being strict with it, to see if there's a big difference in my endurance during workouts, and there is! It's been so cool to experiment like this! My fiance is jacked, he's a police officer, and works out a lot. He doesn't eat a lot of veggies though. lol But, I've been making him some of these dishes, and he is liking them.

How's everyone doing? I avoided Black Friday sales today like the plague! Unsure

I stay away from Black Friday myself. Too Hobo

So great you are eating clean! I try to as well--but I gotta have chocolate cupcakes and tortilla chips and guac, so obviously I don't eat clean all the time Tongue I just can't quit you, chocolate cupcakes. Wink

That's cool your bf is in shape. So nice when you can do active things together. My bf is built like a linebacker but hates outdoorsy adventurous things, but I'm slowly trying to change him Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-11-2016, 07:39 PM
(25-11-2016 06:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 06:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  About two months ago, I took my diet up a notch. I've always eaten pretty healthy, organic - lots of veggies, high lean protein type of diet. But, have been reading about the benefits of adding a lot of wheat grass, green tea, and green leafy veggies to my diet. It's amazing how it cleanses your body. It makes you feel really good ...Yes

I stay away from Black Friday myself. Too Hobo

So great you are eating clean! I try to as well--but I gotta have chocolate cupcakes and tortilla chips and guac, so obviously I don't eat clean all the time Tongue I just can't quit you, chocolate cupcakes. Wink

That's cool your bf is in shape. So nice when you can do active things together. My bf is built like a linebacker but hates outdoorsy adventurous things, but I'm slowly trying to change him Laugh out load

*mmmm* cupcakes. I watch cupcake wars on food network Laugh out load

I've missed so much around here, you have a bf? This is awesome! You could teach him yoga Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
25-11-2016, 08:08 PM
(25-11-2016 07:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 06:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I stay away from Black Friday myself. Too Hobo

*mmmm* cupcakes. I watch cupcake wars on food network Laugh out load

I've missed so much around here, you have a bf? This is awesome! You could teach him yoga Big Grin

He's my fiancé, but it's just easier to type bf lol. He's not really into doing yoga. He does a little when he gets back from work, but that's pretty much it. He likes more basic things like just going to the gym and lifting weights.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-11-2016, 08:42 PM
Going through some of the beginner programs at Yoga for BJJ these past few weeks. I don't know what about it makes it specific to Brazilian Jiujitsu, but I figured it's as good a place to start as any.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
25-11-2016, 09:00 PM
(25-11-2016 08:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 07:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  *mmmm* cupcakes. I watch cupcake wars on food network Laugh out load

He's my fiancé, but it's just easier to type bf lol. He's not really into doing yoga. He does a little when he gets back from work, but that's pretty much it. He likes more basic things like just going to the gym and lifting weights.

It's great when your SO is into working out, I don't know if I've ever really dated anyone who wasn't into some type of either CF, or lifting weights, or running, etc. I'm happy for you, congrats on your engagement! HeartHeart

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
25-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Wish I could get my girlfriend into something. Her desk job is hell on her back, and she won't even try some of the warm up exercises I do to help with it.

I'm coming up on 40, I've lived a very physically demanding life, yet not a chronic pain anywhere in me. But nope, my advice is invalid Tongue

'Murican Canadian
25-11-2016, 09:47 PM
(25-11-2016 09:00 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 08:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  He's my fiancé, but it's just easier to type bf lol. He's not really into doing yoga. He does a little when he gets back from work, but that's pretty much it. He likes more basic things like just going to the gym and lifting weights.

It's great when your SO is into working out, I don't know if I've ever really dated anyone who wasn't into some type of either CF, or lifting weights, or running, etc. I'm happy for you, congrats on your engagement! HeartHeart

Thank you Smile

Do you and your bf like to do the same workouts? I would love it if my bf would do partner yoga with me, but alas, no No

Look how cute this looks Big Grin

[Image: Partner-Couples-Yoga-in-Edmonton.jpg?fit=639%2C423]

[Image: 27175f3ceca09f991d6f2e8c913949d5.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: 781383c7c864f90a64c9a234c5941594.jpg]

25-11-2016, 09:52 PM
(25-11-2016 09:05 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Wish I could get my girlfriend into something. Her desk job is hell on her back, and she won't even try some of the warm up exercises I do to help with it.

I'm coming up on 40, I've lived a very physically demanding life, yet not a chronic pain anywhere in me. But nope, my advice is invalid Tongue

There are a lot of stretches she could do right at her desk, right in her chair. Very easy ones to do. Like seated twists, seated pigeon, neck rolls, shoulder rolls, arm stretches, seated cat cow, etc.

I don't have any pains either, but my bf gets a tense back sometimes too from his desk job, and I have to fight him to do yoga to loosen himself up. Tongue

25-11-2016, 09:53 PM
(25-11-2016 08:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Going through some of the beginner programs at Yoga for BJJ these past few weeks. I don't know what about it makes it specific to Brazilian Jiujitsu, but I figured it's as good a place to start as any.

I read that quick and I thought it said Yoga for BJ Laugh out load

Whatever works, yakherder Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post