Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-11-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(25-11-2016 09:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 08:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Going through some of the beginner programs at Yoga for BJJ these past few weeks. I don't know what about it makes it specific to Brazilian Jiujitsu, but I figured it's as good a place to start as any.

I read that quick and I thought it said Yoga for BJ Laugh out load

Whatever works, yakherder Drinking Beverage

Oh I wish it were that easy. Though, I suppose with enough flexibility one person would be sufficient.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
26-11-2016, 09:34 AM
(25-11-2016 10:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 09:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I read that quick and I thought it said Yoga for BJ Laugh out load

Whatever works, yakherder Drinking Beverage

Oh I wish it were that easy. Though, I suppose with enough flexibility one person would be sufficient.

You could be a human ouroboros. Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Good luck on your race today, Impulse! Kick ass!

Edit: Oops just checked your post--Good luck tomorrow Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
27-11-2016, 12:57 AM
I enjoy a workout I did in high school, which is called pyramids (you'll need a stop watch for these).

For example, I do a 20 step pyramid:

Steps 1-10 (15 minutes): do as many pushups as you can in 1 minute and rest for 30 seconds.

Steps 11-20 (7.5 minutes): do as many pushups as you can in 30 seconds and rest for 15 seconds. The total workout time is 22.5 minutes.

*The times in bold are the main workout intervals

*you can make these more challenging by varying the types of pushups you do (make sure you use good form) and/or doing lower body exercises during the rest periods (doing mountain climbers in between some pushup sets is very challenging); or, you could do the lower body exercises during the primary workout interval and then do pushups during the rest periods (or just be creative and make it more challenging in your own waySmile). If you choose to do exercises during the rest periods, then give yourself time to transition between exercises and be sure to pace yourself (do not over exert yourself, because you want the bulk of your effort to be applied toward the main workout intervals)

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 2 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
27-11-2016, 07:41 AM
(27-11-2016 12:57 AM)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  I enjoy a workout I did in high school, which is called pyramids (you'll need a stop watch for these).

Steps 1-10 (15 minutes): do as many pushups as you can in 1 minute and rest for 30 seconds.

Steps 11-20 (7.5 minutes): do as many pushups as you can in 30 seconds and rest for 15 seconds. The total workout time is 22.5 minutes.

*you can make these more challenging by varying the types of pushups you do (make sure you use good form) and/or doing lower body exercises during the rest periods (doing mountain climbers in between some pushup sets is very challenging); or, you could do the lower body exercises during the primary workout interval and then do pushups during the rest periods (or just be creative and make it more challenging in your own waySmile). If you choose to do exercises during the rest periods, then give yourself time to transition between exercises and be sure to pace yourself (do not over exert yourself, because you want the bulk of your effort to be applied toward the main workout intervals)

Pushups are a great exercise. I sometimes add them into my yoga practice.

27-11-2016, 01:26 PM
I love those yoga couple pics, jennybee. I do like working out with my fiance. He is naturally stronger, and just pushes me which is fun. (not always fun lol)

I like push ups, and honestly, BW exercises are really underrated. They're so many BW exercises that you can do if you can't afford a gym membership, or a weights set for your house, for example.

Had a healthy breakfast today, cranberry and almonds high protein hot oats. Yum! Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
27-11-2016, 04:32 PM
(27-11-2016 07:41 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-11-2016 12:57 AM)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  I enjoy a workout I did in high school, which is called pyramids (you'll need a stop watch for these).

Pushups are a great exercise. I sometimes add them into my yoga practice.

Heads up Jennybee! Here's a video of lady that is still teaching yoga at 96.

And the video is a couple years old. She's still teaching today at 98. The New York Times had an article about her today.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-11-2016, 04:44 PM
3 mile run today, now heading to have dinner with mah man Big Grin

Love is good. I never believed that before, but it is. Maybe I just needed to meet the right one. Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
27-11-2016, 05:02 PM
(27-11-2016 04:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-11-2016 07:41 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Pushups are a great exercise. I sometimes add them into my yoga practice.

Heads up Jennybee! Here's a video of lady that is still teaching yoga at 96.

And the video is a couple years old. She's still teaching today at 98. The New York Times had an article about her today.

What an inspiration Heart I hope that's me at her age. And she's still rockin' a pair of heels! Love her!

27-11-2016, 05:03 PM
(27-11-2016 04:44 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  3 mile run today, now heading to have dinner with mah man Big Grin

Love is good. I never believed that before, but it is. Maybe I just needed to meet the right one. Heart

So glad u r happy and found an amazing man!