Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-12-2016, 09:07 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
So I been wearing this shirt with a bunch of sensors on it (EKG, breath rate, IMU) and as I was looking at my data I saw that there were quite a few times during my sleep that my heart rate was up to 120. I'm thinking this is fantastic news. Now there is absolutely no good excuse to exercise.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-12-2016, 09:18 AM
happy dreams? Scary dreams?
I just started exercise after years of just working and random walking.
feels good!
bump ba da da bump bump
Feels good!
Feels good!
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
07-12-2016, 09:45 AM
(07-12-2016 09:07 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I been wearing this shirt with a bunch of sensors on it (EKG, breath rate, IMU) and as I was looking at my data I saw that there were quite a few times during my sleep that my heart rate was up to 120. I'm thinking this is fantastic news. Now there is absolutely no good excuse to exercise.
Nice try Girly, but that's just your heart. What about the rest of you? Consider
Tongue

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
08-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Should I start a separate thread for atheists who exercise? Not really working out, just basic stuff.
08-12-2016, 09:42 AM
(08-12-2016 09:37 AM)skyking Wrote:  Should I start a separate thread for atheists who exercise? Not really working out, just basic stuff.

You can talk about regular exercise in here too. I add in all kinds of things in here like hiking, running, rock climbing, Krav Maga, yoga, Zumba, walking my dogs, etc. You don't have to be a weightlifter to post in here Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
08-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Workout update.

Running seems to have drastically cut into my strength training. It seems to have really eaten away at my muscle mass and as a result I am not quite as strong as before. Going to dial back from a 10k 3 times a week to a 5k and see how that goes.
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
08-12-2016, 02:53 PM
(08-12-2016 09:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 09:37 AM)skyking Wrote:  Should I start a separate thread for atheists who exercise? Not really working out, just basic stuff.

You can talk about regular exercise in here too. I add in all kinds of things in here like hiking, running, rock climbing, Krav Maga, yoga, Zumba, walking my dogs, etc. You don't have to be a weightlifter to post in here Tongue

Yeah.
I don't run either, so it is baby steps right now. Thousands of baby steps.
I picked up a free treadmill on Craigslist, a nice Proform like you see in the gym. It sits right here in the living room, a fairly conspicuous reminder to get on it.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
08-12-2016, 08:05 PM
(08-12-2016 09:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

lol that's right. Big Grin You can talk about anything fitness related...working out...exercise...running...etc. ''Work out'' was just the phrase I chose at the time.

It's all good. Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
08-12-2016, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2016 08:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-12-2016 09:45 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 09:07 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I been wearing this shirt with a bunch of sensors on it (EKG, breath rate, IMU) and as I was looking at my data I saw that there were quite a few times during my sleep that my heart rate was up to 120. I'm thinking this is fantastic news. Now there is absolutely no good excuse to exercise.
Nice try Girly, but that's just your heart. What about the rest of you? Consider
Tongue

1/2 hr/week lifting big rocks off the ground seems sufficient to stimulate muscle growth and strength. Trick is rocks gotta be heavy and you have to lift them until you can't lift them no more and then lift them again assisted until you can't lift them no more. You only gotta do that once or twice. And eat. And sleep to get your aerobic exercise. And don't do it again until all the soreness has disappeared indicating full recovery.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-12-2016, 08:26 PM
(08-12-2016 12:38 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Workout update.

Running seems to have drastically cut into my strength training. It seems to have really eaten away at my muscle mass and as a result I am not quite as strong as before. Going to dial back from a 10k 3 times a week to a 5k and see how that goes.

Cardio vs strength is always a frustrating balancing act, given the body's tendency to burn both muscle and fat for energy. Best way to prevent that from happening, at least as far as bro science and endocrinology seems to indicate, is to precede running or other cardio with heavy lifting and to make sure you're getting enough protein for your body to stay in muscle building mode as opposed to muscle cannibalizing mode Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post