Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-12-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
I've been a bit unfit recently but the last two weeks I've been upping the training again Smile Hoping to be ready by January for hard work Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-12-2016, 08:19 AM
(08-12-2016 08:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  1/2 hr/week lifting big rocks off the ground seems sufficient to stimulate muscle growth and strength. Trick is rocks gotta be heavy and you have to lift them until you can't lift them no more and then lift them again assisted until you can't lift them no more. You only gotta do that once or twice. And eat. And sleep to get your aerobic exercise. And don't do it again until all the soreness has disappeared indicating full recovery.
Ok, you're off the hook... this time. Wink

Seriously, that sounds grueling.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
09-12-2016, 08:23 AM
(09-12-2016 08:19 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 08:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  1/2 hr/week lifting big rocks off the ground seems sufficient to stimulate muscle growth and strength. Trick is rocks gotta be heavy and you have to lift them until you can't lift them no more and then lift them again assisted until you can't lift them no more. You only gotta do that once or twice. And eat. And sleep to get your aerobic exercise. And don't do it again until all the soreness has disappeared indicating full recovery.
Ok, you're off the hook... this time. Wink

Seriously, that sounds grueling.

The goal in any exercise routine, like any activity in life, is to minimize the pain. No pain, big gains. Big Grin

#sigh
12-12-2016, 09:26 AM
(08-12-2016 08:26 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 12:38 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Workout update.

Running seems to have drastically cut into my strength training. It seems to have really eaten away at my muscle mass and as a result I am not quite as strong as before. Going to dial back from a 10k 3 times a week to a 5k and see how that goes.

Cardio vs strength is always a frustrating balancing act, given the body's tendency to burn both muscle and fat for energy. Best way to prevent that from happening, at least as far as bro science and endocrinology seems to indicate, is to precede running or other cardio with heavy lifting and to make sure you're getting enough protein for your body to stay in muscle building mode as opposed to muscle cannibalizing mode Big Grin
I was kind of figuring that. I am going to have to make some dietary and work schedule changes to get the results I want.
12-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Had to do a little repair on the treadmill but it is good now. I am out of town for a few days so I will resort to old fashioned walking.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
13-12-2016, 11:24 AM
I ran again last night for the first time since the marathon. It took me 2 weeks because a) that cold turned out not to be so mild after all and b) I seem to have strained my calf. I had felt the calf pain during the marathon, but was hoping it wouldn't be any big deal since I was able to run the last 17 miles on it without it getting significantly worse. But it has continued to hurt, but only when I squat down, for the 2 weeks. So last night I ran 3 miles with a calf sleeve as a precaution. The calf seemed ok, but not 100% better so I'll be taking it easy (short slow runs) for awhile. And the cold apparently isn't out of my system completely because my heart rate was way too high especially since I was running slowly. But the main thing is I was glad to be back out there again. Yes

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
13-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Yoga question for Jennybee. Shy So I'm not super active, but I do walk 30 minutes a night for 5 days then take the 6th night off, rinse and repeat. I like walking, even though I basically just walk from one end of our apartment to the other. But lately I feel like maybe I want to mix things up or toss something different in there now and then, and I was thinking about yoga. Even if I do it on just two of my exercise nights. Do you have any yoga series on YouTube that maybe you'd recommend? Something for beginners? Or any other resources I might could check out? Thanks!!! Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
14-12-2016, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2016 08:15 AM by jennybee.)
(13-12-2016 10:39 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yoga question for Jennybee. Shy So I'm not super active, but I do walk 30 minutes a night for 5 days then take the 6th night off, rinse and repeat. I like walking, even though I basically just walk from one end of our apartment to the other. But lately I feel like maybe I want to mix things up or toss something different in there now and then, and I was thinking about yoga. Even if I do it on just two of my exercise nights. Do you have any yoga series on YouTube that maybe you'd recommend? Something for beginners? Or any other resources I might could check out? Thanks!!! Big Grin

Oh cool Smile I really like Yoga with Adriene for complete beginners. She has a youtube channel with various yoga classes. She also has a series called 30 days of yoga for beginners to ease you into everything.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
14-12-2016, 10:01 AM
(14-12-2016 08:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 10:39 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yoga question for Jennybee. Shy So I'm not super active, but I do walk 30 minutes a night for 5 days then take the 6th night off, rinse and repeat. I like walking, even though I basically just walk from one end of our apartment to the other. But lately I feel like maybe I want to mix things up or toss something different in there now and then, and I was thinking about yoga. Even if I do it on just two of my exercise nights. Do you have any yoga series on YouTube that maybe you'd recommend? Something for beginners? Or any other resources I might could check out? Thanks!!! Big Grin

Oh cool Smile I really like Yoga with Adriene for complete beginners. She has a youtube channel with various yoga classes. She also has a series called 30 days of yoga for beginners to ease you into everything.

Awesome. Thanks, Jenny!! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
14-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Lost 8 KG. Thrash Metal makes you lose weight.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post