Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-02-2015, 02:51 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(15-02-2015 01:38 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  no longer an atheist.

Still friend. Just a confused one Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-02-2015, 06:26 AM
(15-02-2015 01:38 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  well...I'm still working out, but no longer an atheist. will you still be my friends? Wink
happy belated valentine's day to you all...

I've been getting into cross fit a lot more in the new year, I love it. not for everyone. and definitely start slow with a solid program, if you intend to try it.

Ooh ooh me! I'll be your friend! Big Grin

But I won't do crossfit because I don't believe in that.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
15-02-2015, 07:57 AM
I don't believe I'll work out today.

It's -5f outside, and the room where my equipment is located isn't heated.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-02-2015, 11:03 AM
My weight station consists of a couple old Navy duffel bags loaded with varying weights of gravel. Who needs a room? Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-02-2015, 03:10 PM
(15-02-2015 02:30 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 01:38 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  well...I'm still working out, but no longer an atheist. will you still be my friends? Wink

Did you join the crossfit cult? Are you a believer of the crossfit? LOL Laughat
hahaha I know, right? I reread my post, and it looks like I joined a CF cult, and in order to do so...I had to 'leave' atheism. Big Grin

(15-02-2015 02:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 01:38 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  no longer an atheist.

Still friend. Just a confused one Tongue

Yea, well...my grandmother was ill last year, and for a while I've been on a search to fill a void that I felt from that...then she died a few months ago, and the void became larger. I realize that I'm just not comfortable emotionally with atheism, but at the same time ...I don't want to resort back to religion just to fill a void.

Hope that's less confusing. Tongue

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
15-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Ran sprints for about 45 minutes. Went pretty good...
Hope everyone had a good workout day. Smile

[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
15-02-2015, 07:09 PM
(15-02-2015 03:10 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 02:30 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Did you join the crossfit cult? Are you a believer of the crossfit? LOL Laughat
hahaha I know, right? I reread my post, and it looks like I joined a CF cult, and in order to do so...I had to 'leave' atheism. Big Grin

(15-02-2015 02:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  Still friend. Just a confused one Tongue

Yea, well...my grandmother was ill last year, and for a while I've been on a search to fill a void that I felt from that...then she died a few months ago, and the void became larger. I realize that I'm just not comfortable emotionally with atheism, but at the same time ...I don't want to resort back to religion just to fill a void.

You don't have to justify it to us. You're still a rad member of the community. Hope you stick around.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
15-02-2015, 07:27 PM
(15-02-2015 07:09 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 03:10 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  hahaha I know, right? I reread my post, and it looks like I joined a CF cult, and in order to do so...I had to 'leave' atheism. Big Grin

You don't have to justify it to us. You're still a rad member of the community. Hope you stick around.

Heart you're pretty 'rad' yourself. Big Grin
thank you for this.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
15-02-2015, 07:58 PM
(15-02-2015 07:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 07:09 PM)Logisch Wrote:  You don't have to justify it to us. You're still a rad member of the community. Hope you stick around.

Heart you're pretty 'rad' yourself. Big Grin
thank you for this.

I use the word rad a lot. It's a pretty rad word. I dig it Tongue

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
25-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Congrats to all of you who are still keeping fit. Thumbsup

I'm doing my best to stick with my running, but it has been a bit discouraging lately. After the marathon in January, I took a couple of weeks off to recover and to get over my cold that also turned into a sinus infection on its way out. I got back into my routine for a couple of weeks and everything was going fine so I decided to try getting rid of the IT band strap that I have been wearing for over a year and also the calf sleeve that I have been wearing since September. That all went fine too except a few days later my other IT band flared up. It has been 3 years since I started back into running and my right IT band has never bothered me. So WTF? Angry It's not helping my motivation to get up early and go out on those runs when I know I have that pain to look forward to and probably should be taking yet more time off to let it heal. Dodgy

But at least my left IT band has been doing fine without the strap for about 2 weeks now and my calf has been ok without the sleeve too.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post