Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-12-2016, 03:46 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(21-12-2016 03:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I must admit I was inspired by the Statham video Jenny posted in the other thread. To that end, I detached the heavy bag and got to playing around with it like a combo sandbag / ground and pound dummy. Not a bad idea.

I ended up making a circuit that essentially evolved doing a deadlift then tossing it over my head as hard as I could, sprinting after it, mounting it, throwing a few elbows, then repeat.

You know you can always post videos of you working out, you know for kinesiology purposes Angel Tongue It's for science Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-12-2016, 03:56 PM
(21-12-2016 03:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I must admit I was inspired by the Statham video Jenny posted in the other thread. To that end, I detached the heavy bag and got to playing around with it like a combo sandbag / ground and pound dummy. Not a bad idea.

I ended up making a circuit that essentially evolved doing a deadlift then tossing it over my head as hard as I could, sprinting after it, mounting it, throwing a few elbows, then repeat.

From Alice's Restaurant-

"And I walked in and sat down and they gave me a piece of paper, said, "Kid, see the psychiatrist, room 604." And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL." And I started jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and he started jumping up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the Sargent came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy." Laugh out load
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
21-12-2016, 04:15 PM
I'm starting in on this ballet bootcamp video. My ballet classes are on Christmas hiatus and the gym I belong to is remodeling and that's where I take yoga so I'm stuck with nothing to do except walking up and down a nearby hill but I need more than that.

I don't have a nice big room to do this in and our christmas tree is taking up even more room so I'm having to modify the movements, but it's a killer. I'm doing 15 minutes at a time for starters. It's important to get the technique correct.

jennybee, I'm doing your yoga video suggestions too. Thanks!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-12-2016, 04:22 PM
(21-12-2016 04:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm starting in on this ballet bootcamp video. My ballet classes are on Christmas hiatus and the gym I belong to is remodeling and that's where I take yoga so I'm stuck with nothing to do except walking up and down a nearby hill but I need more than that.

Find a bigger hill? Looking at pictures of your feet from ballet I'm surprised you aren't on high dose opioids.

#sigh
21-12-2016, 04:45 PM
(21-12-2016 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-12-2016 04:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm starting in on this ballet bootcamp video. My ballet classes are on Christmas hiatus and the gym I belong to is remodeling and that's where I take yoga so I'm stuck with nothing to do except walking up and down a nearby hill but I need more than that.

Find a bigger hill? Looking at pictures of your feet from ballet I'm surprised you aren't on high dose opioids.

That's not me in this video but my feet aren't too dissimilar. They're ugly ass feet. I never wear sandals anymore or even open toed shoes. I have terrible bunions from dancing and sometimes wear these spacers between my toes around the house. It's actually good for your toes to splay them apart. Crazy but true.

[Image: 1400x874ctoes1__72082.1473869596.500.750.jpg?c=2]

I wear these almost all the time. v v v

[Image: 51kBl9yBRtL.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-12-2016, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2016 09:50 PM by jennybee.)

I don't have a nice big room to do this in and our christmas tree is taking up even more room so I'm having to modify the movements, but it's a killer. I'm doing 15 minutes at a time for starters. It's important to get the technique correct.

Oh good, glad you liked them Big Grin

The Sweaty Betty workout looks fun, but intense. I took ballet when I was little and jazz when I was older. I wish I took more ballet--such a great workout!

Also, if you are stuck just walking why not Prancercise Laugh out load Omg, I freakin love this lady! She cracks me up along with the slew of parody videos on her. Heart

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
21-12-2016, 11:06 PM
(21-12-2016 09:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Oh good, glad you liked them Big Grin

The Sweaty Betty workout looks fun, but intense. I took ballet when I was little and jazz when I was older. I wish I took more ballet--such a great workout!

Also, if you are stuck just walking why not Prancercise Laugh out load Omg, I freakin love this lady! She cracks me up along with the slew of parody videos on her. Heart

Laugh out load One of my sons was telling me about the prancercise gal! Little did I know he was admiring that camel toe. Oh, shit, I'm laughing like a big dog! Just wait until I see him on Friday! Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Today I'm planning on doing an hour of meditation. I like to do that before the holiday crazy Hobo Probably do 20 minutes of asana (poses) first and then some pranayama (breathing techniques) for about 10 mins. I also like to take it down a notch after a harder yoga practice, so going easy today (plus, I'm teaching two classes later). Yesterday, I did some advanced poses included in about 80 minutes of asana. So vinyasa plus some of these poses:

Dragonfly

[Image: dragonfly_pose.jpg]

Bird of paradise

[Image: _h400_w284_m1_bwhite.jpg]

I also did some handstand variations using a wall like this lady

[Image: 05d05a2111fcb341e67b341d5b222677.jpg]

Peacock

[Image: 1_ADV.jpg]

Not this one. I just thought it was cute Tongue Laugh out load

[Image: cb9f4e91d4e9e76014ddeda6de9e232b.jpg]