23-12-2016, 08:10 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
I thought this was pretty interesting. It's science, y'all Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-12-2016, 08:51 PM
(23-12-2016 08:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I thought this was pretty interesting. It's science, y'all Big Grin

A few good points and a few pieces of made for TV eye candy Smile

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
23-12-2016, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2016 09:32 PM by jennybee.)
(23-12-2016 08:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 08:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I thought this was pretty interesting. It's science, y'all Big Grin

A few good points and a few pieces of made for TV eye candy Smile

Eye candy? Who Amir? and the MMA guy? I didn't notice Angel Wink
23-12-2016, 09:51 PM
(23-12-2016 09:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 08:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  A few good points and a few pieces of made for TV eye candy Smile

Eye candy? Who Amir? and the MMA guy? I didn't notice Angel Wink

I was talking about the computer graphics being used to make the x-ray images look all cool and stuff lol.

'Murican Canadian
23-12-2016, 09:58 PM
(23-12-2016 09:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 09:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Eye candy? Who Amir? and the MMA guy? I didn't notice Angel Wink

I was talking about the computer graphics being used to make the x-ray images look all cool and stuff lol.

Oh right. That's what I thought you meant Blush
24-12-2016, 07:21 PM
(19-12-2016 12:22 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work! Thumbsup

I have always been underweight so I can't speak from personal experience, but I have heard running is not the best sport for weight loss. I'm not sure why that is, but I can say I have actually gained about 8 pounds since I started running. For me, I think it's because I run marathons which requires replacing a lot of calories after training. So I'm sure I eat more now than I did before I got back into running.

It really varies from person to person, but the most important consistent thing is making sure you're in a calorie deficit. I personally am really not worried about how much I weigh as I'm more muscular and broader shouldered than most women anyways. I'm never going to be lean and petite. I just want the belly fat gone! lol

(23-12-2016 11:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Today I'm planning on doing an hour of meditation. I like to do that before the holiday crazy Hobo Probably do 20 minutes of asana (poses) first and then some pranayama (breathing techniques) for about 10 mins. I also like to take it down a notch after a harder yoga practice, so going easy today (plus, I'm teaching two classes later). Yesterday, I did some advanced poses included in about 80 minutes of asana. So vinyasa plus some of these poses:

Dragonfly

[Image: dragonfly_pose.jpg]

Bird of paradise

[Image: _h400_w284_m1_bwhite.jpg]

I also did some handstand variations using a wall like this lady

[Image: 05d05a2111fcb341e67b341d5b222677.jpg]

Peacock

[Image: 1_ADV.jpg]

Not this one. I just thought it was cute Tongue Laugh out load

[Image: cb9f4e91d4e9e76014ddeda6de9e232b.jpg]

I could do exactly 0 of those. Blink Blink

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
24-12-2016, 08:03 PM
I got the treadmill belt installed and did 30 minutes of basic cardio. Great to have it going again, as we live out in the sticks and the local walking is not good.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
24-12-2016, 08:05 PM
(24-12-2016 07:21 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  
(19-12-2016 12:22 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work! Thumbsup

I have always been underweight so I can't speak from personal experience, but I have heard running is not the best sport for weight loss. I'm not sure why that is, but I can say I have actually gained about 8 pounds since I started running. For me, I think it's because I run marathons which requires replacing a lot of calories after training. So I'm sure I eat more now than I did before I got back into running.

It really varies from person to person, but the most important consistent thing is making sure you're in a calorie deficit. I personally am really not worried about how much I weigh as I'm more muscular and broader shouldered than most women anyways. I'm never going to be lean and petite. I just want the belly fat gone! lol

(23-12-2016 11:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Today I'm planning on doing an hour of meditation. I like to do that before the holiday crazy Hobo Probably do 20 minutes of asana (poses) first and then some pranayama (breathing techniques) for about 10 mins. I also like to take it down a notch after a harder yoga practice, so going easy today (plus, I'm teaching two classes later). Yesterday, I did some advanced poses included in about 80 minutes of asana. So vinyasa plus some of these poses:

Dragonfly

[Image: dragonfly_pose.jpg]

Bird of paradise

[Image: _h400_w284_m1_bwhite.jpg]

I also did some handstand variations using a wall like this lady

[Image: 05d05a2111fcb341e67b341d5b222677.jpg]

Peacock

[Image: 1_ADV.jpg]

Not this one. I just thought it was cute Tongue Laugh out load

[Image: cb9f4e91d4e9e76014ddeda6de9e232b.jpg]

I could do exactly 0 of those. Blink Blink

You gotta work up to it Tongue I have to admit I'm kind of obsessive about yoga (in a good way Big Grin ) But I couldn't do all the poses when I first started. However, over time your body adapts into various shapes.

I've always been really flexible, just naturally and had pretty decent upper body strength just from working out, but you don't really need either of those things to start yoga. If you take it in baby steps, I bet you could get there too Thumbsup or even if you can't, it doesn't matter, true yoga is about doing what you can do and honoring where you are.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
26-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Every so often I like to mix things up with a circuit which I combine with yoga poses. Today, did some mountain climbers, burpees, planks, side planks, and crunches.
27-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Not that I don't love having the kids around and gorging on Christmas chocolate for a few days but between work, daycare being closed for the holidays, and my girlfriend's parents being here, it's hard to get in a satisfactory workout Weeping

Thanks Sanata, now go back to the north pole and let me get back to the grind. My to-do list is getting backed up.

'Murican Canadian