Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-12-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Had an awesome workout today! Some basic cross fit stuff involving abs, squats and deadlifts. Then, a 5 mile run! Cool Feeling tired today, but got it done.

Then, made a delicious kale/spinach protein shake afterwards. Happy new year guyz! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
31-12-2016, 03:05 PM
(31-12-2016 02:38 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Had an awesome workout today! Some basic cross fit stuff involving abs, squats and deadlifts. Then, a 5 mile run! Cool Feeling tired today, but got it done.

Then, made a delicious kale/spinach protein shake afterwards. Happy new year guyz! Heart

Happy New Year!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-01-2017, 09:36 AM
(31-12-2016 02:38 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Had an awesome workout today! Some basic cross fit stuff involving abs, squats and deadlifts. Then, a 5 mile run! Cool Feeling tired today, but got it done.

Nice! Looking forward to that shake myself. Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
01-01-2017, 05:35 PM
I gave my bf the rest of his Christmas present: a 45 minute Thai massage. That's kinda a workout if you've ever done it, so I'm including it as part of today's exercise Tongue

Yoga, took my dogs for a walk, had a nice relaxing day Smile Hope everyone is enjoying the first of the year!
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
01-01-2017, 08:10 PM
(01-01-2017 09:36 AM)skyking Wrote:  

Nice! Looking forward to that shake myself. Drooling
Do you make shakes with spinach/kale too? I'm thinking of adding chia or flax seeds next. YesThumbsup

(01-01-2017 05:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I gave my bf the rest of his Christmas present: a 45 minute Thai massage. That's kinda a workout if you've ever done it, so I'm including it as part of today's exercise Tongue

Yoga, took my dogs for a walk, had a nice relaxing day Smile Hope everyone is enjoying the first of the year!
A thai massage sounds wonderful! I haven't been to see my massage therapist in a while, she's on the opposite side of town and it's just a pain to get there. No pun Big Grin I miss massage, it's sooo good for you.

For the start of this new year, I ran 4 miles today, then did 3 sets of jumping squats - 12 reps each, core work/leg lifts and crunches, 3 sets of lunges, and push ups. Then, had another kale/spinach PWO shake to satisfy my efforts.

Heart

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
01-01-2017, 08:25 PM
I am on a doctor supervised diet with their provided "food". Your smoothie is contraband for a few months more. That's why I am looking forward to it, and many other things. I love kale and fresh spinach so it sounds like win to me.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
01-01-2017, 08:38 PM
(01-01-2017 08:25 PM)skyking Wrote:  I am on a doctor supervised diet with their provided "food". Your smoothie is contraband for a few months more. That's why I am looking forward to it, and many other things. I love kale and fresh spinach so it sounds like win to me.

Ah, I see. It will be a great reward for following doc's orders, then. Yes

02-01-2017, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2017 12:09 PM by skyking.)
I had a bit of a setback. When I was up working on my truck on the cold concrete, I must have stubbed my little toe pretty good but did not notice/recall.
We walked about 45 minutes on Saturday and it got worse as we went along, peeled off my sock to find some blood around the nail. Foot does not desire a shoe at the moment Sad I'd already had a bad week for cardio with working on the truck for days, so I don't anticipate a great weigh in on Friday.
I have a pair of throwaway tennis shoes out in the garage, I will cut the toe out on that side and give that a try.
02-01-2017, 12:46 PM
(02-01-2017 10:53 AM)skyking Wrote:  I had a bit of a setback. When I was up working on my truck on the cold concrete, I must have stubbed my little toe pretty good but did not notice/recall.
We walked about 45 minutes on Saturday and it got worse as we went along, peeled off my sock to find some blood around the nail. Foot does not desire a shoe at the moment Sad I'd already had a bad week for cardio with working on the truck for days, so I don't anticipate a great weigh in on Friday.
I have a pair of throwaway tennis shoes out in the garage, I will cut the toe out on that side and give that a try.

Never a set back. Just part of the workout territory Wink. Maybe give the foot a rest for a day or two, grab some light hand weights and work on some upper body strength (which you can do sitting in a chair). If you are able to, maybe throw in some crunches. I hope your toe feels better! Keep on going, you're doing great!
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-01-2017, 12:52 PM
(02-01-2017 10:53 AM)skyking Wrote:  I had a bit of a setback. When I was up working on my truck on the cold concrete, I must have stubbed my little toe pretty good but did not notice/recall.

I wouldn't sweat it. Big Grin At your current weight calorie restriction alone is gonna make you drop quick. I wouldn't count on a pound a day for much longer but I did find it motivating while it was happening. Just don't get discouraged when it drops to a couple pounds a week. Probably around 240-250. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post