Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-01-2017, 01:36 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(16-01-2017 06:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  YAY for cross fit! It is a good sign to be tired. Hope you sleep well. Cool

Slept quite well, hope there will be moderately quick results as I have only 3 months before going back to work.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
17-01-2017, 09:09 AM
(16-01-2017 06:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I used to think that there were no running shoes out there that if I ran enough, I'd always end up with blisters, but that's not true. I bought new Nikes recently...and love them! No blisters, and really are light to wear. So, maybe keep searching for that right shoe, it's out there.

I've actually had the opposite experience. I almost never get blisters. I started with the Brooks Ghost 4 which I loved. So I kept buying the newer models - Ghost 5, 6 and 7. By the time I was ready for the Ghost 8, the Ghost 9 was already out which is what I had last and just bought again. The Ghost 9 is the only one that ever gave me a blister. However, the size I have always worn felt a bit small in the Ghost 9. So I just bought a half size larger and it feels better. So that may have been the problem.

So I decided to wear the new shoes last night and ran 3 miles in them. The blister was annoying for the first 1/2 mile and then I didn't notice it anymore.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
17-01-2017, 08:49 PM
That's good ^^ I think that blisters are part of endurance running, IMO. But, if you can lessen them happening with different shoes, then why not, right?

Went to the gym tonight, and that feeling when you realize that you didn't bring your ear buds to use with your phone. Angry And then you have to listen to the horrible music playing in the gym, which is distant, and you can't really hear it, and then end up hearing other people's conversations. Weeping

Anyway, lol I had a decent workout despite that. Seated cable rows, ab crunches, kettlebell swings and upright rows, bicep curls with cables, wide grip lat pull downs, leg extensions, and tricep dips. All pretty light weight, with a lot of reps per set. No cardio.

[Image: banana-healthy-food1.jpg?w=570&h=489]

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
17-01-2017, 08:51 PM
(17-01-2017 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  19 km morning run Smile Tis the season.

Clap nice job!

18-01-2017, 08:40 AM
(17-01-2017 08:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  [Image: banana-healthy-food1.jpg?w=570&h=489]
I could literally live on bananas. They go so quickly, there never seem to be enough in my house. Smile

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
18-01-2017, 07:45 PM
(18-01-2017 08:40 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 08:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  [Image: banana-healthy-food1.jpg?w=570&h=489]
I could literally live on bananas. They go so quickly, there never seem to be enough in my house. Smile

Yea, they're like the world's most perfect food. They are protected with the peel, and just naturally yummy. Smile

Today, was a recovery day/no work out day. I needed it. Slept well last night, and busy day at work. Went to dinner with fiance and ordered a yummy cheeseburger. I don't indulge often, but it was yum.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
18-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Yes, bananas will be perfect again, some day..........
Big Grin
19-01-2017, 10:17 AM
You know you do a lot of yoga when you find yourself doing yoga poses in your sleep Hobo Woke up in tree pose this morning. I was lying down though Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-01-2017, 11:15 AM
(19-01-2017 10:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You know you do a lot of yoga when you find yourself doing yoga poses in your sleep Hobo Woke up in tree pose this morning. I was lying down though Laugh out load

Pics or it didn't happen....... Confused

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
19-01-2017, 12:21 PM
(19-01-2017 11:15 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 10:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You know you do a lot of yoga when you find yourself doing yoga poses in your sleep Hobo Woke up in tree pose this morning. I was lying down though Laugh out load

Pics or it didn't happen....... Confused

Okay next time that happens I'll be sure and take a pic for you Wink I just have to make sure it's during one of the night's when I'm wearing my pajamas Laugh out load Blush
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post