Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-02-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Since early November when I got serious about lifting again I’ve put on about 10 lbs of muscle. I can see it on how my clothes fit and my wife is very appreciative Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-02-2015, 06:35 PM
(25-02-2015 02:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Since early November when I got serious about lifting again I’ve put on about 10 lbs of muscle. I can see it on how my clothes fit and my wife is very appreciative Big Grin

How much you lifting??

I'm an old fart who took it up late in life.....

I can't run anymore due to severe trauma -- so I use a stationary bike in cold weather, and ride mt. bike in nice -- then do lifting with free weights and a Bowflex machine.....

free weights I'm kinda limited - cuz all I have is cheap equipment - and 120 lbs is maxed out..... Bench - 120, overhead lift - 100, curl (two handed) 100..... Do everything in reps of 15 - times 3.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-02-2015, 06:57 PM
So angry right now, I caught the flu going around 2 weeks ago, finally shook that off this past SUnday, been working so late this week I havent been able to get into the gym, which makes me a short tempered angry atheist, then tonight I went to the gym, and 8 sets in, getting a good pump..."attention, due to incoming inclement weather we are are closing the gym right now", and they dimmed the lights and shooed everyone out. WeepingWeepingWeeping

Flex

Dont they understand it is back and Bi's day?????? We are supposed to get like 8-12 inches of snow, but that doesnt start for 5 more hours!!!

@#$%^ Angry

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
25-02-2015, 09:19 PM
(25-02-2015 06:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 02:20 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Since early November when I got serious about lifting again I’ve put on about 10 lbs of muscle. I can see it on how my clothes fit and my wife is very appreciative Big Grin

How much you lifting??

Not heavy weights, more reps. I don’t want to hurt myself.
I’ll do three or four sets of 20 reps (or as many as I can on the last set to exhaustion, in this way I get a great pump and build up stamina.

Some days are heavy days others light, I try to vary the sequence, exercise and weight.

When in my twenties my next younger brother competed in bodybuilding and I was his training partner. We were crazy then, stupid amounts of weights, he more than me. I’d squat 400 lbs and he would go 500+, I’d bench 315 and he would do 400+. When he got under the bar it would take three spotters. We’d wrap our knees he would start pacing, slapping himself in the face, yelling to the point that everyone in the gym would stop and look. Then he’d pop the bar off the rack, the thing would fucking bend and he’d start to do reps with me right behind him and a guy on either side of the bar. Had anything ever happened I’m not sure any of us could have helped him with 555 on his back.

That was thirty years ago, now I just want to maintain muscle tone. I’ve been very surprised at how quickly my body has responded, I guess it hasn’t “forgotten” all that training.

My home gym

My 55 year old guns
[attachment=2527]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
25-02-2015, 09:33 PM
One of the disadvantages of having a kid in daycare is that every sickness that is present somewhere in the nearest thousand miles manages to make its way there and back to your house :/ Glad I managed to stay healthy during our winter training in the mountains, because doing Army shit sick sucks. Within a week of being back, however, the whole family was sick.

I find that I do tend to cut back on conditioning when I feel like shit, but I still get my strength training done. My setup isn't gym dependent. Most of my weights are unconventional homemade stuff like the previously mentioned duffel gravel bags, medicine balls I made with old basketballs injected with sand, things like that. The only expensive piece of equipment I've got is my power tower/dip station. This morning I was feeling a lot better, so I used my igloo brick mold to make a few snow bricks, which I then used for shot puts. Grab the bricks, huck them across my yard using movements emulating various punches for explosive strength development, sprint to where I tossed them (or something resembling a sprint in the snow, whatever you'd call it), grab the bricks, throw them back the other direction, sprint back, repeat, and make new bricks as the ones I'm using break. Made for a fun workout.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
11-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Glad I found this thread. After knee and back injuries I am back into hitting the gym regularly. Only a month in and I feel sooooo much better.

Currently I just hope I don't embarrass my kids on our beach vacation this summer.
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
11-03-2015, 02:01 PM
(11-03-2015 11:20 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Currently I just hope I don't embarrass my kids on our beach vacation this summer.

... Well as long as you leave your Borat bikini behind I think you should be OK...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
11-03-2015, 02:29 PM
(11-03-2015 02:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 11:20 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  Currently I just hope I don't embarrass my kids on our beach vacation this summer.

... Well as long as you leave your Borat bikini behind I think you should be OK...
Sadcryface2
11-03-2015, 03:08 PM
It is good to workout every morning

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-03-2015, 04:35 PM
(25-02-2015 09:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 06:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How much you lifting??

Not heavy weights, more reps. I don’t want to hurt myself.
I’ll do three or four sets of 20 reps (or as many as I can on the last set to exhaustion, in this way I get a great pump and build up stamina.

Some days are heavy days others light, I try to vary the sequence, exercise and weight.

When in my twenties my next younger brother competed in bodybuilding and I was his training partner. We were crazy then, stupid amounts of weights, he more than me. I’d squat 400 lbs and he would go 500+, I’d bench 315 and he would do 400+. When he got under the bar it would take three spotters. We’d wrap our knees he would start pacing, slapping himself in the face, yelling to the point that everyone in the gym would stop and look. Then he’d pop the bar off the rack, the thing would fucking bend and he’d start to do reps with me right behind him and a guy on either side of the bar. Had anything ever happened I’m not sure any of us could have helped him with 555 on his back.

That was thirty years ago, now I just want to maintain muscle tone. I’ve been very surprised at how quickly my body has responded, I guess it hasn’t “forgotten” all that training.

My home gym

My 55 year old guns

Your guns make me feel...funny.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post