Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-01-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(22-01-2017 11:06 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Do some of you ever struggle with sleep even after an intense workout? Sometimes, I do. Like if I go to the gym after work, and have a harder CF session, my sleep will be interrupted all night, even though I'm so tired. I've read about it, and it's not uncommon, I guess...but super annoying. Anyone here ever feel fatigued after a workout but can't sleep well?

Double post. This thread is haunted Gasp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-01-2017, 11:35 AM
(22-01-2017 11:06 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Do some of you ever struggle with sleep even after an intense workout? Sometimes, I do. Like if I go to the gym after work, and have a harder CF session, my sleep will be interrupted all night, even though I'm so tired. I've read about it, and it's not uncommon, I guess...but super annoying. Anyone here ever feel fatigued after a workout but can't sleep well?

I used to, but now I do yoga nidra and/or a gentle evening practice to wind down. I have a lot of energy in general, so I really need something like this to balance me out.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-01-2017, 11:36 AM
(22-01-2017 11:27 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Geez Yakherder, climbing mountains? Are you trying to live up to the username? Tongue Seriously man, great job! No wonder you hurt.

After being too tired and busy to hit Planet Fitness for a few weeks of winter term, decided to go walking at the marina...only the sidewalk was fully frozen over. So came into campus and walked here. So out of shape again, so out of shape. But managed to walk the length of campus back and forth about 5 times, and went to check the rooms I'll be in for Spring semester, as well as tracking down a friend's office, located in the depths of the building everyone gets lost in. Ran out the half full battery on my iPod while doing so.

You won't be out of shape for long doing that everyday! Yes Good job!

Everyone is awesome in this thread. Because I said so. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
22-01-2017, 11:37 AM
(22-01-2017 11:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

I used to, but now I do yoga nidra and/or a gentle evening practice to wind down. I have a lot of energy in general, so I really need something like this to balance me out.

Yes, me too...and whenever I do even just 15 minutes of yoga in the evening after a workout for example, I'll sleep way better. Maybe time to get back to that.

22-01-2017, 12:43 PM
(22-01-2017 11:34 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

Double post. This thread is haunted Gasp

Laugh out load

I've noticed that when I post something, it doesn't show right away. Like it'll show my name as being the last person who posted, but no post. Unsure

22-01-2017, 04:47 PM
(22-01-2017 11:32 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 11:27 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Geez Yakherder, climbing mountains? Are you trying to live up to the username? Tongue Seriously man, great job! No wonder you hurt.

After being too tired and busy to hit Planet Fitness for a few weeks of winter term, decided to go walking at the marina...only the sidewalk was fully frozen over. So came into campus and walked here. So out of shape again, so out of shape. But managed to walk the length of campus back and forth about 5 times, and went to check the rooms I'll be in for Spring semester, as well as tracking down a friend's office, located in the depths of the building everyone gets lost in. Ran out the half full battery on my iPod while doing so.

You could've made a workout on the ice by running and turning it into a frozen slip and slide Laugh out load

Could have, but then ended up in the lake. Laugh out load

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
22-01-2017, 06:00 PM
3 mile run today, only. Didn't want to push it since I'm getting over a stomach thing. But, it went pretty well, I felt good.

[Image: 2FF723D9D-A38C-6144-70D0C3D59D2939AF.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
23-01-2017, 12:55 AM
I ran like a muthafucker today Smile That is all.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-01-2017, 10:37 AM
(22-01-2017 11:36 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Everyone is awesome in this thread. Because I said so. Big Grin

I agree, and that includes you. Smile

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
23-01-2017, 11:32 AM
I enjoy long, vigorous walks to the fridge... does that count?
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post