Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-01-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(23-01-2017 01:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I've begun practicing tai chi every morning for about 30 minutes.

Does this count?

This totally counts. Welcome Banjo, hope you are doing well! Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
23-01-2017, 08:08 PM
(21-01-2017 08:38 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 08:21 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Snowshoed up Jay Peak (Vermont) and skied down twice today. About 4 hours each climb with occasional stops to go off trail and practice our climbing knots and stuff. Good training. Who needs a chair lift?

Every muscle in my body is screaming. I don't even remember using my arms much. Strange how that works :/

Oh well. Protein drink and early to bed Big Grin
Wow, 8 hours of climbing? That's exhausting even when there's no snow. Sleep well! Smile

It wasn't originally the plan. We were just gonna go halfway up then mess around on the trails, going back and forth between skiing/boarding and training. But one of the guys decided he wanted some of the clam chowder from the food shack at the top. We probably wouldn't have paid much attention to him except he has a thick Boston accent so we started making fun of him until our little hike spontaneously turned into a quest for chowdah. When we finished the clam chowder it was barely passed noon and we had until 4 to get back to the Humvees so we figured what the hell let's ski down and do it again for bragging rights. The combination of random chowder quests and platoon competition is an interesting motivator.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
24-01-2017, 11:40 AM
(23-01-2017 08:08 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It wasn't originally the plan. We were just gonna go halfway up then mess around on the trails, going back and forth between skiing/boarding and training. But one of the guys decided he wanted some of the clam chowder from the food shack at the top. We probably wouldn't have paid much attention to him except he has a thick Boston accent so we started making fun of him until our little hike spontaneously turned into a quest for chowdah. When we finished the clam chowder it was barely passed noon and we had until 4 to get back to the Humvees so we figured what the hell let's ski down and do it again for bragging rights. The combination of random chowder quests and platoon competition is an interesting motivator.

I grew up near Boston. Now you have my mouth watering for some of that "chowdah"! Drooling (I lost most of the accent years ago, but it does tend to return when I visit in Massachusetts. Smile )

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-01-2017, 11:44 AM
(24-01-2017 11:40 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 08:08 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It wasn't originally the plan. We were just gonna go halfway up then mess around on the trails, going back and forth between skiing/boarding and training. But one of the guys decided he wanted some of the clam chowder from the food shack at the top. We probably wouldn't have paid much attention to him except he has a thick Boston accent so we started making fun of him until our little hike spontaneously turned into a quest for chowdah. When we finished the clam chowder it was barely passed noon and we had until 4 to get back to the Humvees so we figured what the hell let's ski down and do it again for bragging rights. The combination of random chowder quests and platoon competition is an interesting motivator.

I grew up near Boston. Now you have my mouth watering for some of that "chowdah"! Drooling (I lost most of the accent years ago, but it does tend to return when I visit in Massachusetts. Smile )

Same here Smile I still have my accent, but it does come and go now that I live in CA. When I talk to my friends and family back home, my accent comes right back in full force. My bf also says it comes back in full force when I get tired or mad Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
24-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
24-01-2017, 03:11 PM
I can't watch the videos right now, but I'll check them out later.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Got a later start to my run tonight, but it went awesome. Ran only a little over 4 miles, but ran like I stole it. lol Wink

I hate running in the dark. Really hate hate hate it. Idk...I just feel like an animal will come out of the woods and attack me. Probably a silly concern, but it makes me run faster. Unsure

http://www.active.com/running/articles/9...night-runs

I probably shouldn't run with my ear buds, because it's true...at night...we should be aware of what's happening around us, even more so than a day run.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
24-01-2017, 08:13 PM
(24-01-2017 07:46 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Got a later start to my run tonight, but it went awesome. Ran only a little over 4 miles, but ran like I stole it. lol Wink

I hate running in the dark. Really hate hate hate it. Idk...I just feel like an animal will come out of the woods and attack me. Probably a silly concern, but it makes me run faster. Unsure

I probably shouldn't run with my ear buds, because it's true...at night...we should be aware of what's happening around us, even more so than a day run.

I agree. I don't run with my ear buds at night. I run with my 105 pound German Shepherd and no one bothers me Big Grin I also bring this with me at night:

[Image: self-defense-ring-go-guarded-fb__700-png.jpg]

24-01-2017, 08:20 PM
(24-01-2017 07:46 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Got a later start to my run tonight, but it went awesome. Ran only a little over 4 miles, but ran like I stole it. lol Wink

I'm the opposite. I love running at night. But your fears are not completely unfounded, depending on where you're at Tongue. I never run with noise isolating ear buds, and I do hear animals from time to time. I kind of like the feeling that I'm being watched lol.

That said, this is a well known incident in Canada...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bear-kille...r-1.216612

It's rare but it happens. And apparently she was wearing a Walkman.

'Murican Canadian
24-01-2017, 08:34 PM
I would also recommend taking a self-defense course. It is really helpful experiencing how much force is needed to ward off someone bigger and stronger than you--and learning pressure points and fighting techniques. I feel a lot better about being places at night by myself after taking my Krav Maga classes.