Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-03-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Today I finally joined a gym after being out of college for almost a year and gaining an unjustifiable amount of weight. Really excited.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dex's post
11-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Gym? Fitness club? Ha!

I just shovel snow. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
12-03-2015, 01:43 PM
I've been good with working out this week! I'm proud of myself. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred workout with Jillian Michaels. So far so good! Thumbsup

Yay me! Big Grin

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 4 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
12-03-2015, 01:48 PM
It finally got above freezing the other day. Now there's a river instead of a road in front of my house where the snow wasn't as deep, and ice everywhere else. Makes for an interesting run, even with Yaktrax on.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-03-2015, 03:37 PM
(11-03-2015 04:35 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 09:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not heavy weights, more reps. I don’t want to hurt myself.
I’ll do three or four sets of 20 reps (or as many as I can on the last set to exhaustion, in this way I get a great pump and build up stamina.

Some days are heavy days others light, I try to vary the sequence, exercise and weight.

When in my twenties my next younger brother competed in bodybuilding and I was his training partner. We were crazy then, stupid amounts of weights, he more than me. I’d squat 400 lbs and he would go 500+, I’d bench 315 and he would do 400+. When he got under the bar it would take three spotters. We’d wrap our knees he would start pacing, slapping himself in the face, yelling to the point that everyone in the gym would stop and look. Then he’d pop the bar off the rack, the thing would fucking bend and he’d start to do reps with me right behind him and a guy on either side of the bar. Had anything ever happened I’m not sure any of us could have helped him with 555 on his back.

That was thirty years ago, now I just want to maintain muscle tone. I’ve been very surprised at how quickly my body has responded, I guess it hasn’t “forgotten” all that training.

My home gym

My 55 year old guns

Your guns make me feel...funny.

LOL what does that mean Ghost? Your comment cracked me up!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-03-2015, 04:30 PM
(12-03-2015 01:43 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I've been good with working out this week! I'm proud of myself. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred workout with Jillian Michaels. So far so good! Thumbsup

Yay me! Big Grin

She's hot... in a masculine lesbian, beat the shit out of ya, kind of way.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
12-03-2015, 04:32 PM
(11-03-2015 07:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Gym? Fitness club? Ha!

The #1 source of coronary failure north of the 45th parallel.......................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-03-2015, 07:41 PM
(12-03-2015 04:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 07:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Gym? Fitness club? Ha!

The #1 source of coronary failure north of the 45th parallel.......................

Very fortunately, I'm south of the 45th parallel. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2015, 08:24 AM
(12-03-2015 04:30 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  She's hot... in a masculine lesbian, beat the shit out of ya, kind of way.

I know! I watched an interview with her the other day and now I love her. Yes

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
14-03-2015, 06:58 AM
I started going for walks again. I hope I'll keep it up, but I'm not too optimistic.

It's not so much about motivation, but rather the simple fact that I'm just too bored of the same places over and over again. I've walked around the whole neighborhood so many times, in a 20-minutes-away radius in all directions. I'm almost sick of this place, even though it is quite a beautiful neighborhood.

We replaced the batteries on the scales the other day and I weighed myself for the first time in months. I was shocked to see that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and this needs to change. I've found it easier to adjust my eating habits than to keep up with a walking schedule.

What can I do? Even listening to music doesn't help much.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-