Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-02-2017, 12:18 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(11-02-2017 08:55 PM)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  I got in an awesome workout after work today. I did 21 minutes of non-stop high intensity training (jog is the rest position): alternating arm medicine ball pushups; stair runs followed by mountain climbers and/or weighted squats (three consecutive intervals of this total); jumping jacks; bicep curls; sit-ups, crunches, and planks/plank variants (all consecutive); body weight dead-lifts.

That's awesome!! Good work!

I've been working out so much the past week...and today, going for another run. I'm really working on my endurance with running, thinking of either a 1/2 or full marathon this year. Have a great weekend TTA! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
12-02-2017, 09:56 PM
I posted something earlier, but it's not showing. Hmmm...Unsure

12-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Oh there it is. Okay, it's time to sleeeeep. Laugh out load

14-02-2017, 12:41 PM
On Friday, the expected 2 hour drive turned into 4 1/2 hours due to 3 separate traffic jams on the highway. We celebrated my father-in-law's birthday that evening and returned on Saturday. The supposed 2 hour return trip then took 3 1/2 hours due to more traffic jams. We barely made it back on time to pick up our dog. Then 5 miles from our house, we got a flat tire. Dodgy After all that, I was kind of tired Sunday morning, but still ran 10 miles at a decent pace. However, that 10 miles wiped me out more than usual. I didn't run yesterday and I'm still kind of tired (in the leg muscles) even today.

(12-02-2017 12:18 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm really working on my endurance with running, thinking of either a 1/2 or full marathon this year.

That sounds great! Have you done either one before?

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
15-02-2017, 09:32 AM
(11-02-2017 08:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 08:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Getting ready for what will likely be my last excursion to the maintain warfare school.

Are you finished with everything military in May? Probably bittersweet I'm sure. Hug

Yep. And the weather didn't disappoint. We were still up there when a little snowstorm hit Vermont on Monday. Good times Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-02-2017, 10:36 AM
(15-02-2017 09:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 08:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Are you finished with everything military in May? Probably bittersweet I'm sure. Hug

Yep. And the weather didn't disappoint. We were still up there when a little snowstorm hit Vermont on Monday. Good times Big Grin

Go out with a (snowy) bang, yakherder style Thumbsup Tongue
16-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Awful run last night. Only went 3 miles, but I felt like I had just run 10 miles the day before when in fact it was Sunday and I hadn't run since. Lead legs. Confused Hopefully, tonight will be better.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
16-02-2017, 02:18 PM
(16-02-2017 10:37 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Awful run last night. Only went 3 miles, but I felt like I had just run 10 miles the day before when in fact it was Sunday and I hadn't run since. Lead legs. Confused Hopefully, tonight will be better.

I had that Tuesday. Fortunately by today they were seminormal again.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-02-2017, 08:09 AM
(16-02-2017 02:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  I had that Tuesday. Fortunately by today they were seminormal again.

My run last night was much better and I ran 7 miles at a good pace. It's amazing what a difference one day can make. Like yours, I'd say my legs were seminormal though, not quite completely recovered. I'll probably take tonight off since I'll be running my longest weekly run tomorrow morning. The long runs are what keep me going and I always look forward to those all week. Smile

[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
18-02-2017, 03:37 PM
I had a great run on a treadmill today! Yes, a treadmill. Unsure

Stranger things....... Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post