Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-02-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(18-02-2017 03:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I had a great run on a treadmill today! Yes, a treadmill. Unsure

Stranger things....... Big Grin

[Image: M6IjYM3.gif]

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
18-02-2017, 09:00 PM
I had a good run. Ran 12 miles at a fast pace. Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
19-02-2017, 01:07 PM
(18-02-2017 06:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(18-02-2017 03:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I had a great run on a treadmill today! Yes, a treadmill. Unsure

Stranger things....... Big Grin

[Image: M6IjYM3.gif]
LOL!!Laugh out load That'd be me.

(18-02-2017 09:00 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I had a good run. Ran 12 miles at a fast pace. Smile

Excellent. That's awesome!

Someone asked me in the thread, I think, if I've ever ran a marathon, and that would be a no...so, if I choose to this year, it will be my first time ever. I'm giving it some serious thought though, and have looked at some training plans that surprisingly, don't look too overwhelming.

Going for a run soon, hope you guys have a great day!! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
19-02-2017, 03:46 PM
6 mile run today, went better than expected lol Then, had a small bowl of greek yogurt with a little granola as a post workout meal. Greek yogurt packs a lot of protein, wow.

[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
19-02-2017, 10:25 PM
I woke up tonight with the most hectic calf muscle cramp ever Undecided It still feels very dicey... I had to skip my morning run Sad Waa.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-02-2017, 03:35 PM
(19-02-2017 01:07 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Someone asked me in the thread, I think, if I've ever ran a marathon, and that would be a no...so, if I choose to this year, it will be my first time ever. I'm giving it some serious thought though, and have looked at some training plans that surprisingly, don't look too overwhelming.

Yes, that was me. You had mentioned thinking about running either a full or half marathon and I had asked if you had ever run either one before. I would recommend starting with a half marathon first and then doing a full marathon later if you decide you definitely want to go forward.

Also, bemore started a thread (here) in the Sports forum a little while ago looking for information about running a marathon. A few of us chimed in so you might find some useful information there.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
20-02-2017, 09:55 PM
(19-02-2017 10:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  I woke up tonight with the most hectic calf muscle cramp ever Undecided It still feels very dicey... I had to skip my morning run Sad Waa.
Ugh, I had one of those last week, but fortunately it happened on an already planned day off. It occurred just before I was about to get out of bed in the morning and was still a bit sore in the evening. It was ok to run on the next day though so I hope yours is as well.

22-02-2017, 07:58 PM
(19-02-2017 10:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  I woke up tonight with the most hectic calf muscle cramp ever Undecided It still feels very dicey... I had to skip my morning run Sad Waa.
Aw I'm sorry to hear. Those are awful. Sadcryface Taking calcium-magnesium on days I train harder, before I go to bed, is really helpful.

(20-02-2017 03:35 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 01:07 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Someone asked me in the thread, I think, if I've ever ran a marathon, and that would be a no...so, if I choose to this year, it will be my first time ever. I'm giving it some serious thought though, and have looked at some training plans that surprisingly, don't look too overwhelming.

Yes, that was me. You had mentioned thinking about running either a full or half marathon and I had asked if you had ever run either one before. I would recommend starting with a half marathon first and then doing a full marathon later if you decide you definitely want to go forward.

Also, bemore started a thread (here) in the Sports forum a little while ago looking for information about running a marathon. A few of us chimed in so you might find some useful information there.
Thank you for this advice!!

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
22-02-2017, 08:01 PM

Hugs MD Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
23-02-2017, 08:41 AM
I skipped my run last night. I had a weird semi-numbness in my left leg that lasted all day. It finally went away about an hour before I went to bed and is still gone this morning. Not sure what that was all about. Confused