Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-02-2017, 10:34 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Anaerobic sprints and Romanian deadlifts. It's murder the legs day Tongue

Deadlifts are one of the few conventional lifts I do, albeit generally with a sandbag instead of free weights.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
24-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Did something happen to yakherder's post? It's showing as the most recent on the forum home page, but I don't see it here?

Anyway, I ran 5 miles last night and everything seemed fine regarding the semi-numbness I had on Wednesday.

ETA:
Ok weird. When I saved this post, yakherder's post showed up. *shrug*

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-02-2017, 01:06 PM
(24-02-2017 12:51 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Did something happen to yakherder's post? It's showing as the most recent on the forum home page, but I don't see it here?

Anyway, I ran 5 miles last night and everything seemed fine regarding the semi-numbness I had on Wednesday.

ETA:

I've noticed it doing that from time to time, and only in this thread. I'll make a post, and it'll show in "view recent posts" that I posted here, but it won't actually show up for a day or so. It's done that 3 or 4 times now.

'Murican Canadian
24-02-2017, 05:06 PM
I got in a good outdoor workout today: I did various cone/SAQ drills; ladder drills; mobile exercise suicides: 6 cones are set up 10 yards apart (50 yards total) and I will do a certain exercise from the start to the specified cone and back (10,20,30,40, and then 50 and back, which is 300 yards total); and, one running suicide all the way through my 6 cone set up (300 yards total). Hence, I felt pretty good afterwards.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 2 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
24-02-2017, 05:10 PM
(24-02-2017 12:51 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Did something happen to yakherder's post? It's showing as the most recent on the forum home page, but I don't see it here?

ETA:

It's been happening to my posts too--and only in this thread.
25-02-2017, 05:38 PM
I ran 9 miles this morning. I ran the first 3 miles about 1 minute/mile faster than my normal pace, then 2 miles at my normal pace, then 3 miles 1 minute/mile faster again, and the last mile at my normal pace. I was working on my stride mostly.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Marathon today. Broke myself Weeping Now I gotta put the pieces back together and figure out what went wrong.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-02-2017, 01:21 PM
(26-02-2017 01:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Marathon today. Broke myself Weeping Now I gotta put the pieces back together and figure out what went wrong.

You're trying to run too far. Tongue

#sigh
26-02-2017, 01:37 PM
I'm getting back on the fitness train today with a cardio DVD. Darwin, save my soul...
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
26-02-2017, 01:59 PM
(26-02-2017 01:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-02-2017 01:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Marathon today. Broke myself Weeping Now I gotta put the pieces back together and figure out what went wrong.

You're trying to run too far. Tongue

... No I'm not Tongue Marathon is a perfectly reasonable distance to run - everyone should do it. I do think I've got a regrettable tendency to go out too fast Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.