Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-02-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(26-02-2017 01:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Marathon today. Broke myself Weeping Now I gotta put the pieces back together and figure out what went wrong.
(26-02-2017 01:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  I do think I've got a regrettable tendency to go out too fast Undecided

Sorry to hear your marathon didn't go so well. It's very easy to go out too fast with the adrenaline of the race and getting swept up in other people around you. I've done it also and it sucks. For my next marathon, I'm planning to run at a comfortable pace for the first 20 miles and then see if I can add more speed in the last 6.2. I've decided I don't care about setting a PR, but I also think there is a chance I will do so with this method anyway. I'm striving to see if I will indeed be able to add the speed at the end instead of earlier since I have already established that earlier doesn't work so well.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Ok, now my post didn't show up, but I'm guessing it will after I post this second one. It also took me back to the very beginning of the thread after I posted. Something is wrong with this thread. Sad

ETA:
Yup, there it is.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
27-02-2017, 12:20 PM
(27-02-2017 12:17 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Ok, now my post didn't show up, but I'm guessing it will after I post this second one. It also took me back to the very beginning of the thread after I posted. Something is wrong with this thread. Sad

ETA:
Yup, there it is.

Exact same process when it happens to me. I must admit I'm somewhat relieved knowing the problem is the thread and not me Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
27-02-2017, 01:01 PM
(26-02-2017 01:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Marathon today. Broke myself Weeping Now I gotta put the pieces back together and figure out what went wrong.

Hug I think it's great that you train to do things like that. I think not so good days, even though they suck when you work hard, are an opportunity to make yourself even better. It's all a part of what you're passionate about. I've started to embrace days like these with my practice-whereas before I would have gotten pissed that my balance was off or I couldn't get into a particular pose that day or just wasn't feeling flexible enough or whatever. Anyway, next time, you'll haul ass with no broken morondog Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Can I celebrate something? I swung doubles at my kettlebell class today for the first time!
[+] 6 users Like port_of_call's post
27-02-2017, 11:18 PM
(27-02-2017 09:08 PM)port_of_call Wrote:  Can I celebrate something? I swung doubles at my kettlebell class today for the first time!

I'll like this right after you explain what it means...
28-02-2017, 07:47 AM
(27-02-2017 11:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 09:08 PM)port_of_call Wrote:  Can I celebrate something? I swung doubles at my kettlebell class today for the first time!

I'll like this right after you explain what it means...
Are you familiar with kettle bells? It's a kind of weightlifting. Yesterday, I did swings with two bells (weights) instead of one. It's a lot harder to maintain stability in that form. I felt powerful!
[+] 1 user Likes port_of_call's post
28-02-2017, 10:36 AM
(28-02-2017 07:47 AM)port_of_call Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 11:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'll like this right after you explain what it means...
Are you familiar with kettle bells? It's a kind of weightlifting. Yesterday, I did swings with two bells (weights) instead of one. It's a lot harder to maintain stability in that form. I felt powerful!

I knew kettle bells, but the "double" escaped me, for some reason, yesterday. I should have been asleep when I posted, which probably explains it. Sleepy
28-02-2017, 10:49 AM
I need to get to a gym, we are still figuring which one for us. So for now it's static crunches, real crunches, and 2 miles at a sweaty walk on the treadmill, daily.
Going to get on the floor and learn some leg lift routines today.
28-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Pick a muscle group and an objective (endurance, max strength, fast twitch muscle fibre, etc.) and I'll tell you how to hit it without the gym Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post