Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-02-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Thank you, I appreciate that, and will think on it before asking stupid questions Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2017, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 04:08 PM by skyking.)
I'm doing a study on my BP and HR after the treadmill. Get a geek a new BP thingamajig and things happen Tongue
02-03-2017, 12:39 PM
I had a great 8 mile run last night. Everything just seemed to click right and I ran it about 45 seconds per mile below my normal comfortable pace. Toward the end, I had to sprint to make it across a wide, busy street and I didn't feel tired at all. Even today, I'm already fully recovered. I wish all my runs could feel like that.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-03-2017, 01:05 PM
I can do 5 push-ups.

Yes I know...impressive.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
04-03-2017, 09:39 PM
(03-03-2017 01:05 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I can do 5 push-ups.

Yes I know...impressive.
It's a start... well, if you actually did them. Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
04-03-2017, 09:44 PM
I ran 15 miles this morning. I started out at a normal pace knowing how far I was planning to go, but I felt great like I did running the 8 miles a few nights ago so I ran the second half faster. I'm also not as tired as I expected to be.

08-03-2017, 12:48 PM
I'm a bit concerned about my right lower calf. It was fine all during the 15 mile run on Saturday morning, but was a little sore Saturday night right in the same spot that I pulled it 2 1/2 years ago. The soreness has happened before since I pulled it and has never turned into anything serious. It seems like that area is just a little more sensitive now. So I didn't think much of it especially since it wasn't bothering me while walking and mostly went away on Sunday and Monday (which were rest days). Last night, I went out to run 3 miles and barely made it 1/4 mile when the pain started up again. I was hoping the run would help since recovery sometimes works that way, but after a mile, it hadn't improved. So I turned around and went back home. I'm going to take a few days off, ice it, and hope for the best. Today I still have a little soreness, but it's not nearly what it was back when I pulled it.

08-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Yesterday I spent some time at my doc as he's concerned about my blood pressure.

In 2014 my average bp was 154/89 with a resting rate of 104.

Yesterday my average bp came in at 148/89 with a resting rate of 73.

Here's the peculiar thing: In 2014 I was going to the gym 3 to 4 times per week, working out with a personal trainer and pretty strict about my diet.

I stopped going to the gym in early 2016 and am less concerned about my diet. Everything else has remained pretty much the same. And since then, my health has improved. Figure that one out.
08-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Today is lactate day Big Grin. Well, lactate inducing workout day as opposed to maximal strength + anaerobics day.

Lactate day makes it sound like I'm training to breast feed.

'Murican Canadian
08-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Got my very first yoga mat today! Big Grin

Also walked 10K. Baby steps to running, I swear... I'll get there eventually.
[+] 5 users Like Larai19's post