Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-03-2017, 12:12 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(08-03-2017 08:16 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  Also walked 10K. Baby steps to running, I swear... I'll get there eventually.

10 k walk is impressive Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-03-2017, 06:59 AM
I love farmer carries. I do them daily. I hate my forearms so much, though. I have fairly long arms and my forearms look so tiny (maybe it's just my skewed point of view?) and I've always wanted thick, monster forearms. Not sure that'll ever happen! I feel like I've managed to strengthen the hell out of them via farmer carries and hammer curls, but they appear so weak. And yes, I'm vain as all get out about it.

Just about to finish my Step Bet group/game next week. Can't say it's worth it yet. (Google it if you are wondering what in the world I'm talking about; I am not affiliated with SB whatsoever. Decided to try it out a few weeks ago and I'm just now finishing up my first game.) In a nutshell: you place a 'bet' (in a game) to walk a certain amount of steps every day over the course of usually six weeks. If you fulfill your goal requirements, you get your bet $ back plus a portion of the total $ pot from players who dropped out. Works on step counters like Fit Bit or the one I use on my phone, S Health.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
11-03-2017, 04:28 AM
5 km sub 20 min today Smile Felt pretty good about that. First time I've been under 20 for a while. Early morning training runs are finally starting to pay off.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
11-03-2017, 10:08 AM
(11-03-2017 04:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  5 km sub 20 min today Smile Felt pretty good about that. First time I've been under 20 for a while. Early morning training runs are finally starting to pay off.
Holy crap, that's fast morondog! Great job!

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
11-03-2017, 10:22 AM
yes, no kidding dog man!
I started a free week intro at the closest gym on Tuesday. My ass is sore, among other muscle groups.
It has been many years since I worked out.
I am a lazy exerciser, so the machines are my go-to thing. Put peg into hole, do 30 reps, next machine. Up the weights till I can't get 3 sets of 10 done.
I see people pounding out fast sets, but I go the other way. Less weight, and really slow control on the return.
I've been there almost every day. The first go-around I had no soreness in my core so I went back and worked those machines again the next day.
I did a second cardio session yesterday for the first time. My usual 33 minute, and later a short 22 minute session.
My aerobic HR recovery times are not so good, I am tracking them to see if I get an improvement.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
12-03-2017, 04:06 PM
(09-03-2017 12:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 08:16 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  Also walked 10K. Baby steps to running, I swear... I'll get there eventually.

10 k walk is impressive Smile

Thank you!
12-03-2017, 04:09 PM
So today I found out I am the lightest I've been since I was 12 (I was a chubby 12 year old.) I'm about 20 lbs away from achieving a healthy BMI and I'm so excited. I also went on a 2 mile walk with my husband and we got 85% Dark Chocolate (Soooo bitter...)
[+] 4 users Like Larai19's post
13-03-2017, 08:14 AM
Why is everybody talking about cardio.
I thought this thread was for working out XD Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes underdogFTW's post
13-03-2017, 09:33 PM
For my own yoga practice: 15 minutes meditation, 75 minutes hatha/vinyasa flow mix.
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
13-03-2017, 09:47 PM
(13-03-2017 08:14 AM)underdogFTW Wrote:  Why is everybody talking about cardio.
I thought this thread was for working out XD Tongue

Listen, smartass Tongue
My legs are getting a workout doing cardio!
I got it down to a science now. There is a heart rate app that uses the smartphone camera for a quick accurate pulse. If I go 4.3 MPH @ 4% grade, I get between 131 and 138. 85% of max is 139 for my age, so I'm right up near the limit. The HR will go down and the grade will go up over time.
Today I did two 32 minute sessions.
[+] 5 users Like skyking's post