Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-03-2015, 01:17 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(14-03-2015 06:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I started going for walks again. I hope I'll keep it up, but I'm not too optimistic.

It's not so much about motivation, but rather the simple fact that I'm just too bored of the same places over and over again. I've walked around the whole neighborhood so many times, in a 20-minutes-away radius in all directions. I'm almost sick of this place, even though it is quite a beautiful neighborhood.

We replaced the batteries on the scales the other day and I weighed myself for the first time in months. I was shocked to see that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and this needs to change. I've found it easier to adjust my eating habits than to keep up with a walking schedule.

What can I do? Even listening to music doesn't help much.

Damn, sorry, was mean't to send you that thing. Will retrieve it from my parents' place forthwith Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2015, 03:32 PM
(14-03-2015 01:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Damn, sorry, was mean't to send you that thing. Will retrieve it from my parents' place forthwith Smile

It's ok, I was asking for advice in general Smile
There's no rush!

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
16-03-2015, 11:36 PM

[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
19-03-2015, 02:29 PM
(14-03-2015 06:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I started going for walks again. I hope I'll keep it up, but I'm not too optimistic.

It's not so much about motivation, but rather the simple fact that I'm just too bored of the same places over and over again. I've walked around the whole neighborhood so many times, in a 20-minutes-away radius in all directions. I'm almost sick of this place, even though it is quite a beautiful neighborhood.

We replaced the batteries on the scales the other day and I weighed myself for the first time in months. I was shocked to see that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and this needs to change. I've found it easier to adjust my eating habits than to keep up with a walking schedule.

What can I do? Even listening to music doesn't help much.

Try finding places away from your neighborhood to walk. A lake or a park might make nice places, for example. But, if you don't want to spend extra time driving, try finding places that are on your way home from work (or, if your not working, wherever you spend your days).

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
19-03-2015, 02:35 PM
I have so much going on in my life right now both at work and home that I've been fairly exhausted and my motivation for getting out of bed to run has been down lately. Plus, I have the new IT band problem in my right knee that I mentioned a few pages back. So I've only been running about 3 times a week and my weekly mileage has been very low. But, toward the end of last week, my motivation returned. I started doing my core muscles work again and am determined to get back to my normal running schedule. So far this week, I'm doing much better with that.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
19-03-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm picking up my training quite a lot. I've been running every morning with some fast guys from my club and I've definitely improved Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-03-2015, 06:46 AM
I'm starting level 2 out of 3 of the 30 Day Shred today! I'm proud of myself, because I usually don't stick with anything for this long. LOL

But now I'm motivated to turn it up because I'm already seeing some changes! My tummy is looking more toned and I can do 15 push-ups! I usually struggle to do even do 5 push-ups! Thumbsup

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 3 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
23-03-2015, 07:59 AM
(23-03-2015 06:46 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I'm starting level 2 out of 3 of the 30 Day Shred today! I'm proud of myself, because I usually don't stick with anything for this long. LOL

But now I'm motivated to turn it up because I'm already seeing some changes! My tummy is looking more toned and I can do 15 push-ups! I usually struggle to do even do 5 push-ups! Thumbsup
Are those push ups, or "girl push ups"???

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-03-2015, 08:25 AM
(23-03-2015 07:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Are those push ups, or "girl push ups"???

Tongue
Shut up! Beat_stick
LMAO ok ok, so they are girl push ups! But I am working on my basic push ups too! I can't do as many, but at least now I can do them now! I couldn't even do one before! I'm just doing what I can. Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_m32kepvOMy1qcolf5o2_r1_250.gif]

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
23-03-2015, 01:03 PM
(23-03-2015 07:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Are those push ups, or "girl push ups"???

Tongue

Hey, even "girl push ups" are hard for us girls Angry

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post