Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-03-2017, 03:48 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Went to yoga this morning. I'm also working on a ballet combination. I'm not as good at turning left and left fouette (a sort of pirouette) as I am on my right, partly because my right leg is slightly stronger to stand on than my left leg but my left turnout from the hip is better than my right turnout so the left leg can whip around from a greater turned out position. Yeah, it's silly and it's complicated.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-04-2017, 01:21 PM
(31-03-2017 03:33 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 02:58 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  Getting ready to do another HIIT cardio vid. Wish me luck. XD

Wishing you luck! Have a great workout!

Yesterday, I ran about 6 miles, it was just ok...I didn't have my phone with me, so ran with no music. Angry I ran near a lake, and it was peaceful, but still... no music can be tough some days. Sadcryface

HAPPY FRIDAY! Heart

:O You can run six miles?!

Teach me. XD
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post
01-04-2017, 01:43 PM
(01-04-2017 01:21 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 03:33 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Wishing you luck! Have a great workout!

Yesterday, I ran about 6 miles, it was just ok...I didn't have my phone with me, so ran with no music. Angry I ran near a lake, and it was peaceful, but still... no music can be tough some days. Sadcryface

HAPPY FRIDAY! Heart

:O You can run six miles?!

Teach me. XD

You start running, when you've run six miles you stop. Thumbsup

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
01-04-2017, 02:30 PM
(01-04-2017 01:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 01:21 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  :O You can run six miles?!

Teach me. XD

You start running, when you've run six miles you stop. Thumbsup

You see? This is why he's been banned, he's too silly Hobo Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
01-04-2017, 02:49 PM
It's pretty good advice.

I just need to convince my legs that it works like that. XD
[+] 3 users Like Larai19's post
01-04-2017, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 11:35 PM by skyking.)
so, the week went downhill. By the time I got to Friday I was content to do nothing at all for a day. My back is getting better now from continuous stretching on the job.
The cool result from skipping cardio and then doing a late 7 AM cardio:
At my typical settings, my HR would not go above 125. I dialed everything up higher and faster, and got to 131, then it drops back down. Dialed it up higher yet, and finished at 135. I used to get to 140 at those settings by the time I was 45 minutes in or so, I was "cardio soaked" as I like to put it.
The one minute recovery was down to 96!
Three minutes to the 70's. Smile
EDIT:
After a day of yard work and posthole digging and things of that nature, I did another identical cardio.
Results were quite different. The first minute was similar, but it took a lot longer after that. Not surprising, but interesting. Tomorrow AM I will go again. The weekdays are such a PITA I am catching up on the weekend.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
01-04-2017, 09:27 PM
(01-04-2017 02:49 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  It's pretty good advice.

I just need to convince my legs that it works like that. XD

It's particularly easier when you're angry about something...take that anger outside into the streets...6 miles will be done pretty quick. lol JK, well not entirely kidding. Some of my best runs have been run when i'm pissed or stressed. But, just go for a mile, and build from there. There are a lot of beginner programs online that make it easy to follow, and you can build from there. Yes

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
01-04-2017, 10:13 PM
I ended up taking 2 weeks off due to the calf pain I was having. The first week seemed necessary. Then I was traveling to visit family and decided to add another week to the rest and not run while visiting. To my surprise, when I tried running again after the 2 weeks, the calf still hurt a bit. So I guess it was good I took as much as 2 weeks. I have run a few more times since then, wearing a calf sleeve for support, and haven't had any pain. Last night I was able to run 5 miles pain free. So I think I'm on the road to recovery finally. I hated not running for those 2 weeks, but I know it could easier have been far longer if I hadn't taken the time off.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
01-04-2017, 11:47 PM
Hard to hold off but often the right thing to do.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
02-04-2017, 06:18 AM
I just ran a 48 k. Last 6 km were death. But I was strong to the marathon mark Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post