Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-04-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(03-04-2017 12:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 10:40 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Was this insanity planned? Unsure Or did you just push yourself to see what you could do? Big Grin

Congrats, that's beyond awesome!

I have some mates I run with... they informed me that I was doing it... Anyway, in other news, my foot is sore Sad I'm gonna see what happens tomorrow at training, but it sorta kinda maybe feels like a trip to ye quack might be in order Sadcryface

Aw Sad Well, hope it gets better soon. Do you ever get cortisone shots from your podiatrist? I hurt my foot a few years ago, and it helped, but it's just a temporary fix, and you're not supposed to run on it, but ... lol

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
04-04-2017, 12:45 AM
(03-04-2017 07:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Aw Sad Well, hope it gets better soon. Do you ever get cortisone shots from your podiatrist? I hurt my foot a few years ago, and it helped, but it's just a temporary fix, and you're not supposed to run on it, but ... lol

I usually just wait a few weeks to see if it really is a problem, then go see my favourite physiotherapist. Never had to get cortisone yet, I'm sure there's always a first time but usually my injuries work out with just a bit lighter training and time. Anyway I ran today and there was no issue, just the odd twinge Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-04-2017, 06:09 AM
I've been doing barre and buti yoga. It's been awesome. After a crazy ankle injury a year and a half ago, I'm just now getting to where I can run again. I did a 4 mile run with a friend after yoga last week. It's been good for my mental health. And my ass. Laugh out load

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
04-04-2017, 06:57 AM
(04-04-2017 06:09 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I've been doing barre and buti yoga. It's been awesome. After a crazy ankle injury a year and a half ago, I'm just now getting to where I can run again. I did a 4 mile run with a friend after yoga last week. It's been good for my mental health. And my ass. Laugh out load

You're back! Good to see you on here again! Smile
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
04-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Welcome back (nurse) !

On my routine, I've come to the conclusion that two work outs a day is just insane.
This morning I up my game and did two and a half miles in 34 minutes.
It took my heart rate up to maximum before I got to the end and I had to dial back a little bit.
Everybody at work is sick including me but not sick enough to quit working out:-)
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
04-04-2017, 08:43 AM
(04-04-2017 08:32 AM)skyking Wrote:  On my routine, I've come to the conclusion that two work outs a day is just insane.

When I'm on a bulking phase and therefore on a caloric surplus I often have multiple workouts in a day (with completely different objectives) and only one rest day per week. When I'm on a cutting phase like I am now and therefore on a caloric deficit, I find my recovery time isn't fast enough to facilitate multiple workouts per day and also find I need an extra rest day in the middle.

Obsolete metabolic tendencies messing with my gains Big Grin I'm ready for some of that so called genetic altering to become available.

'Murican Canadian
04-04-2017, 08:46 AM
I'm working 10-hour days with an hour commute on each end so there just isn't enough time.
04-04-2017, 08:55 AM
(04-04-2017 08:46 AM)skyking Wrote:  I'm working 10-hour days with an hour commute on each end so there just isn't enough time.

Fuck! That's crazy man... Hope you can slow down on the work at some point, that's some harsh schedule right there...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-04-2017, 08:55 AM
(04-04-2017 08:46 AM)skyking Wrote:  I'm working 10-hour days with an hour commute on each end so there just isn't enough time.

Well that's no fun. My commute is just long enough and with potentially unpredictable traffic, necessitating that I leave early enough that I can usually get in a workout and still have time for a Hollywood shower before I start (fully stocked gym at work). And if not before work, then during the lunch break since I usually just snack throughout the day anyway.

'Murican Canadian
04-04-2017, 09:19 AM
I could get about 20 minutes of calisthenics in here but I couldn't work up a sweat because there's no shower. There's nowhere inside so I'd be out in the rain.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post