Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-04-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(04-04-2017 08:46 AM)skyking Wrote:  I'm working 10-hour days with an hour commute on each end so there just isn't enough time.

I did that for decades. It's tough to recover any kind of condition, but I'm working on it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2017, 01:53 PM
I work out before my shift - I'll get up at 0400 and take a shower/fix my hair, workout at 5, whore bath at 0550 (shower wipes or no rinse soap - I love the Yuni brand), dry shampoo, on the road by 0600. I usually get home from work around 2030 (8 pm), eat dinner if I don't just head straight to bed.

Barre is a helluva workout but you don't actually get super sweaty. It's like ballet meets Pilates meets a tiny bit of yoga. Best my back has felt in yeeears.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
04-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Another option, which I often do during work, are single sets of power based calisthenics movements. You don't work up much in way of a sweat if you keep it in the alactic range. 10 to 15 seconds of plyometric one arm pushups as fast and hard as you can, for example, stopping before you start to feel yourself get winded. If sets are far enough apart (not ideal but better than nothing), you won't get all stanky Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-04-2017, 02:41 PM
(03-04-2017 12:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  Keep at it. Injuries can just fuck off now. I'm sure you'll get there Smile
I agree and I plan to keep at it until I get there. Aging can fuck off too. Tongue My ultimate goal is to run a 50 miler, but I'd be happy just to run something longer than the 26.2 for now.

(04-04-2017 12:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  Anyway I ran today and there was no issue, just the odd twinge Smile
Glad to hear that! Thumbsup

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
04-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I should have worked out today. My contributions to this thread lately are deplorable.
Blush

Be true to yourself. Heart
04-04-2017, 07:45 PM
(04-04-2017 08:46 AM)skyking Wrote:  I'm working 10-hour days with an hour commute on each end so there just isn't enough time.

If your building has a gym, you could get some time in at lunch, but I'm assuming it doesn't? Undecided

04-04-2017, 08:09 PM
LOL, my building. It is a construction site with a trailer, no plumbing and not enough tables to seat everybody. Outside is a nice parking lot, beyond that is a vast sea of mud. I can do some stretching outside is really about it.
04-04-2017, 08:39 PM
lol Laugh out load Oh, I see. Well, you could go outside and run for 20 minutes and come back? But, it's tough when you can't shower after the workout. Never mind then. That is tough, then. Undecided

04-04-2017, 08:42 PM
I'd take one of those portable aluminium scaffolds over a gym Big Grin

Not much you can do about the post workout stank though Sad

'Murican Canadian
04-04-2017, 08:45 PM
I start each day with 34~40 minutes of cardio, so I've got that in when I get there. I'm just dropping the evening session. I get home at 630 if lucky, get some dinner done, and have 2 hours to do everything else before bed time.
I think I will do two sessions of strength this weekend. It is not ideal but beats the hell out of the alternative.