Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-04-2017, 03:06 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
You know what's odd? It's not fun to go to the gym and the work outs are boring and repetitive and just... fucking hate them. But I feel so good after the workout...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
13-04-2017, 03:11 PM
I hear that. That's why I'm really glad to have the treadmill at home.
13-04-2017, 04:37 PM
(13-04-2017 03:06 PM)Leerob Wrote:  You know what's odd? It's not fun to go to the gym and the work outs are boring and repetitive and just... fucking hate them. But I feel so good after the workout...

I'm not fond of the gym either. Makes me feel like a hamster. I prefer the ropes, rings, and sandbags approach.

'Murican Canadian
13-04-2017, 04:44 PM
(13-04-2017 04:37 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm not fond of the gym either. Makes me feel like a hamster. I prefer the ropes, rings, and sandbags approach.

What do you think are the minimal number of exercises you need to stimulate the main muscle groups (pragmatically - ass, thighs, back, shoulders and core - natural uses of triceps, biceps, pecs are rarer to me)? I think you can get away with just deadlifts. ... Have I already asked you this? Feels like I already asked you this.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-04-2017, 04:47 PM
I don't think it matters girly, Yak herder is happy to tell us again. When I asked him I didn't get specific enough so go for it.
13-04-2017, 05:27 PM
(13-04-2017 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 04:37 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm not fond of the gym either. Makes me feel like a hamster. I prefer the ropes, rings, and sandbags approach.

What do you think are the minimal number of exercises you need to stimulate the main muscle groups (pragmatically - ass, thighs, back, shoulders and core - natural uses of triceps, biceps, pecs are rarer to me)? I think you can get away with just deadlifts. ... Have I already asked you this? Feels like I already asked you this.

If you're looking for a single, comprehensive lift, a deadlift to military overhead press would cover a lot.

If you want to avoid the gym, pushups and squats would hit almost everyone important.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Or, for the sake of simplicity, the Olympic snatch.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
15-04-2017, 04:07 PM
3 mile run today, nothing too hard. I was going to do a CF workout at the gym, but just didn't happen. Happy Saturday to all! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
16-04-2017, 01:30 AM
I ran a stupid amount of km this weekend Smile Now for beer and foooooooooood Smile Smile Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-04-2017, 09:25 PM
cool, go you runners!!
I did a dumb thing and wore the wrong socks in my boots Saturday, while building fence. I have a big blister-like formation on the corner of my heel, but I found I could do the treadmill ok with good socks. I have been doing 5 miles a day now in 80 minutes, split in two sessions.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post