Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-03-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(14-03-2015 06:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I started going for walks again. I hope I'll keep it up, but I'm not too optimistic.

It's not so much about motivation, but rather the simple fact that I'm just too bored of the same places over and over again. I've walked around the whole neighborhood so many times, in a 20-minutes-away radius in all directions. I'm almost sick of this place, even though it is quite a beautiful neighborhood.

We replaced the batteries on the scales the other day and I weighed myself for the first time in months. I was shocked to see that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and this needs to change. I've found it easier to adjust my eating habits than to keep up with a walking schedule.

What can I do? Even listening to music doesn't help much.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-03-2015, 11:52 PM
(23-03-2015 08:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 06:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I started going for walks again. I hope I'll keep it up, but I'm not too optimistic.

It's not so much about motivation, but rather the simple fact that I'm just too bored of the same places over and over again. I've walked around the whole neighborhood so many times, in a 20-minutes-away radius in all directions. I'm almost sick of this place, even though it is quite a beautiful neighborhood.

We replaced the batteries on the scales the other day and I weighed myself for the first time in months. I was shocked to see that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and this needs to change. I've found it easier to adjust my eating habits than to keep up with a walking schedule.

What can I do? Even listening to music doesn't help much.

I used to do that at work all the time when I was in the ED. One of the ED nurses stuffed her scrubs and made a cameltoe one day when it was slow. Good times.

I don't think the nurses here are capable of appreciating my brand of humor. No more prancercising for me Sad

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Have a new workout structure:

When I wake up:Ab workout

During the afternoon:Cardio

Before bed:Muscles.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
26-03-2015, 03:52 PM
[Image: paul-noth-will-i-still-be-able-to-not-ex...artoon.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
26-03-2015, 04:28 PM
I've been running about 2-3 times a week for a little while now. I didn't realize it until a coworker mentioned that she was doing the Couch to 5k, but I'd been running close to 5k in about 30 minutes. Usually about 2.8 miles in that time. So I changed up my routine to 35 minutes and I am consistently about 3.1 miles now. Very excited about that!

We have a treadmill and a shower at work, so I get a chance to get away from the desk for a bit and exercise. But that's about all I really do for a workout.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
29-03-2015, 12:16 AM
(26-03-2015 03:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: paul-noth-will-i-still-be-able-to-not-ex...artoon.jpg]

ROFLMAO!!!! Laugh out load

I've still been doing Cross fit, and running...and adding swimming now into things. Nice to see everyone is still alive and well! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
29-03-2015, 12:18 AM
(26-03-2015 04:28 PM)kineo Wrote:  I've been running about 2-3 times a week for a little while now. I didn't realize it until a coworker mentioned that she was doing the Couch to 5k, but I'd been running close to 5k in about 30 minutes. Usually about 2.8 miles in that time. So I changed up my routine to 35 minutes and I am consistently about 3.1 miles now. Very excited about that!

We have a treadmill and a shower at work, so I get a chance to get away from the desk for a bit and exercise. But that's about all I really do for a workout.

Awesome-good work! The treadmill at work will makes things so much easier for you.

30-03-2015, 10:55 AM
I think I'll start doing my daily push-ups... again.

I reached 180 a day in around 4/5 months and then stopped for no reason. I want my abs back! Also... the treadmill.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
30-03-2015, 12:43 PM
(30-03-2015 10:55 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I think I'll start doing my daily push-ups... again.

I reached 180 a day in around 4/5 months and then stopped for no reason. I want my abs back! Also... the treadmill.

chop chop get to it! Big Grin

abs are hawt

30-03-2015, 05:20 PM
I've been playing DDR (Dance Dance revolution) and I've lost 15 pounds in the last month. No joke!

Hah, but also, I've been eating less like an American over the past month and more like a ...I dunno, smart person. I can easily split a single regular restaurant meal with my gf and be satisfied if I change my mindset a bit (although I haven't been eating out).

I've been taking walks during my lunches. If I don't play DDR that day, I'll walk up and down the harbor steps in Seattle 5 or 6 times. Which amounts to 300 or so stairs up and down I'm sure.

I started a pushup plan, but I'm hella weak so I damaged my muscles and they hurt for 2 weeks (not soreness, but debilitating pain). They are finally back to feeling able again so I might restart.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post